Author Topic: Frabill jiggler alternatives?  (Read 2376 times)

Offline smbrickner

• Team IceShanty Regular
Frabill jiggler alternatives?
« on: Dec 20, 2016, 07:40 PM »
I want a long rod hole hole hopping in shallow water for gills. I am 6'7 so I was hoping for something 48-55 inches. Looked at the jiggler but it seems cheap. Anyone have a recommendation of an alternative?  Only thing I can find so far is a 48" meat stick.
If you want a country run by religion....Move to Iran.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Frabill jiggler alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2016, 09:13 PM »
4' ugly stick in a light action?
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Duke M

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2016, 09:43 PM »
I want a long rod hole hole hopping in shallow water for gills. I am 6'7 so I was hoping for something 48-55 inches. Looked at the jiggler but it seems cheap. Anyone have a recommendation of an alternative?  Only thing I can find so far is a 48" meat stick.

Over here on the Mississippi we use rods where the line runs right through the blank with a HT Stillfish reel on the butt. I have built them to 72". But I don't build them to sell. They sell long rods Murray's Bait in Guttenburg. I prefer cork grips so I build my own with blanks from Midwest Rod and Reel. Look them up and call the owner Bill Pulk, he can supply the correct blanks.
Duke

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2016, 06:18 AM »
check out Bluegill Chuck rods. Lakeside Bait in Delavan carrys them. Or buy the Jiggler and cut off the reel. Get a wood handle and the still fish reel. I got a couple jigglers  for Christmas presents a few years back and that is what i did. Cant stand the reel that came on them. The poles are pretty okay.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline oldstuff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2016, 06:51 PM »
I use the pulsator rod and inline reel for shallow water. I bought the blank and reel and made my own.  You can buy them locally for about $30. Line runs from the reel on the end up through the inside of the rod. I think the rod I use most is about 52 inches long.

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2016, 07:06 PM »
You can check out the HT ice blue rods. They make an UL in 48". No need for a spring bobber for those light bites. I currently have the 36" for bluegills and it was able to handle a 4lb LM bass. You can buy these rods for less than $15.

Offline smbrickner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2016, 08:32 AM »
Ended up ordering a tickle stick hole hopper.  Not quite as long as I wanted but should work ok.
If you want a country run by religion....Move to Iran.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.