Author Topic: Tourney Questions  (Read 12872 times)

grumpymoe

Re: Tourney Questions
« Reply #30 on: Jan 10, 2006, 11:48 AM »
Is "submariner" (the guy with the big pike posted) registered for the tourney or did he just get ahold of a counterfeit tourney card??? 
....likely didn't realize he hadnt entered during the sign-up period......the tourney card can be printed by any member here....Grump

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 10, 2006, 11:51 AM »
I'm thinking that might make a mess for Lonewolf with all the newbies here.....hopefully it's not too confusing.  Kudos go to the guys keeping this all straight!

Offline Ice_breaker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bummer wont be here for the next ICEAGE
« Reply #32 on: Jan 10, 2006, 12:12 PM »
 :tipup: Waaaaa, Where's Winter at? It's vacationing in Asia  :tipup:
I've got antz in my pants waiting for winter to get back to its job here in Michigan. Oh, by the way, a humble sincere pat-on-the-back, that lonewolf gets to filter out those that are not registered in this tourney, even though they can print out a tourney card anytime they please, and evidentally wasting their own dishonest time. Now getting back to the question at hand, and a DUMB question that I have. Being that ol'man winter is playing hardcore games with our outdoor recreation in lower Michigan (and other places I'm sure) this year. I'm reading in one of the threads about folks getting there boats back into the H20. Are entries being allowed for soft water catches? Thus we can not take a picture on the ice that does not exist  :'( Just my strange 2-cents worth today. This really just occurred to me, because of this weird weather.   :tipup:
"If we are not part of the solution, then we are part of the problem".

grumpymoe

« Reply #33 on: Jan 10, 2006, 12:17 PM »
b.) Photo 2: This photo must have the angler and fish together while still out on the ice.
....I think the rule is pretty clear.....but with a report of open water on a river that I have never seen open at this time of the year up here.....it certainly crossed my mind as well......Grump

PIKEGUY

« Reply #34 on: Jan 10, 2006, 12:19 PM »
and evidentally wasting their own dishonest time.

Not necessarily dishonest. It could be an honest mistake by someone who looked at a couple posts and thought they could print a card and be in the tourney. But then again you never know. I personally wouldn't put my picture on something I knew was cheating but that's just me ;D

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #35 on: Jan 10, 2006, 12:46 PM »

Before I even check the entry pic I check the entrant to the sign up sheet ...... all 800 names.  :(
Those who are brave are free ..

PIKEGUY

« Reply #36 on: Jan 10, 2006, 12:47 PM »
Alphabetically I hope :o :o

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 10, 2006, 12:49 PM »

Alphabetically, by age and location !  :P

PIKEGUY

« Reply #38 on: Jan 10, 2006, 01:28 PM »
Like grump mentioned to me though, what about the guys that are changing their screen names temporarily? I bet that messes with your system. WOW kudos to you on this thing. Keep up the good work, everyone appreciates it :bow: :clap:

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 10, 2006, 06:41 PM »
Anyone know where I can find out what kinda prizes are being offered this year?  I remember seeing them earlier, but forgot what they are :-\

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #40 on: Jan 10, 2006, 06:48 PM »
Its the thread ;D right above this one at this moment

Offline tunein36

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 10, 2006, 07:50 PM »
Could someone help me by explaining how to post a pic on here??
I am computer literate, but just can't seem to see how to accomplish this feat.
Thanks,
Ed

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 11, 2006, 06:14 AM »
Could someone help me by explaining how to post a pic on here??
I am computer literate, but just can't seem to see how to accomplish this feat.
Thanks,
Ed

Tunein36, go to this link. It should help you out--->  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=31022.0
Ken                                          

Offline tunein36

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 11, 2006, 06:35 AM »
Thanks Bean,
I will give it a try. :-)

bonkfan14

« Reply #44 on: Jan 11, 2006, 09:04 AM »
.......in 2004 the online tournament had 3 categories....last year 10....and 10 again this year....the organizers put a ton of time into making this happen...let alone securing sponsorship backing to support it....somewhere along the line, certain species had to be grouped just like last year and years before...in all fairness to the membership, brown and bows will reach similar lengths just the same a large and smallmouth bass...in the 2005 tourney, burbot and walleye were combined....was it fair???....the intentions were good, but some beauty walleye didnt make it to the top 3....at least with these combinations its pretty equal for all......Grump
i wouldnt change a thing...you guys ( grump..lonewolf..etc ) are doing a stand up job thumbsup: keep up the good work and keep on fishing...zeke :tipup:

Offline wrightday

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 11, 2006, 10:17 AM »
Is a private lake OK to enter a fish from and how do you upload a Picture. Any help would be appreciated.  thanks

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 11, 2006, 12:30 PM »

An entry can come from a private lake as long as it is in season.  ;)

There are many posts and links about pic posting in this section.

Offline wrightday

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 11, 2006, 07:19 PM »
An entry can come from a private lake as long as it is in season.  ;)

There are many posts and links about pic posting in this section.

Thanks

Offline pimpmypike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 25, 2006, 10:09 AM »
could have sworn i seen a whitefish entry....is it grouped with another species....or did i just see a pic of one that someone tried to enter.......if there isnt a whitefish catagorie then why not have one..are whitefish not a universal fish.(very common species everywhere)??????????
can i enter a whitefish for weekly drawings or does the species have to be on the list?thanks and great job your all doing

grumpymoe

« Reply #49 on: Jan 25, 2006, 10:38 AM »
no whitefish category......you may only enter fish from the officially eligible categories..Grump

billybono

« Reply #50 on: Feb 04, 2006, 07:43 PM »
just need a little clarification. once any entry has been made say week one, is that name in for the weekly draws till the end? or do i need to enter a fish every week?

billybono

grumpymoe

« Reply #51 on: Feb 04, 2006, 07:52 PM »
just need a little clarification. once any entry has been made say week one, is that name in for the weekly draws till the end? or do i need to enter a fish every week?

billybono
....once you make ONE entry.....you're in for the remainder of the random weekly draws.....hope to see your name pulled....Grump  ;D

billybono

« Reply #52 on: Feb 04, 2006, 07:54 PM »
thanks thats what i thought...but after seeing some peoples comments on there entries, had me doubting. not sure everyone is aware of that

billybono

Offline icechip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Feb 04, 2006, 09:41 PM »
If I make more than one entry does my name go into weekly drawings more than once till my name is drawn.
ie: I make 7 entries so my name goes in 7 times or just once?

billybono

« Reply #54 on: Feb 04, 2006, 09:42 PM »
once

billybono

Offline busler15

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Feb 09, 2006, 08:42 PM »
For some reason, the "New" button doesnt work for me In the tourey forum. I like to view the new posts instantly? Do i need to change something?

grumpymoe

« Reply #56 on: Feb 09, 2006, 08:49 PM »
you wont see a "new" post in the tourney section.....look for the bold black new post on the right side of the page.....Grump

Offline busler15

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Feb 09, 2006, 08:50 PM »
Thanks grump, but i meant on each post, to view the most recent post. The blue "new" next to the page numbers? or was that what you were talking about?

grumpymoe

« Reply #58 on: Feb 09, 2006, 09:34 PM »
The blue "new" next to the page numbers? or was that what you were talking about?
...thats exactly what I meant.....Grump

Offline EscapeIsNever

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Feb 10, 2006, 06:32 AM »
the new buttons dont work for me either....i pmd lonewolf about it the other day asking about it

NEF!

Brian

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.