Canada > Ice Fishing Alberta CA

Macgregor

(1/3) > >>

HoagieAB:
Hey all:  Thinking of heading down to Macgregor this Sunday.  I haven't fished the south end before and am looking to try it out.  Any hints on good access points and an general idea as where to start plunkin holes??

vancouvercanuck:
you can access the very southern area by heading east from Champion. Once you see Traverse on your right hand side there will be a canal on your left. You can follow the canal and access McGregor there. I've heard out in the main basin is producing 30+ feet.

Jam_Jam:
You don't know Jack ya don't even get out! :-*  Whipisssshhhhhhh I think your woman is calling hehehe

Nuke Ab:
vancouver, do you mean vulcan? if not i'll have to check the map. Jam Jam how did you make out this weekend? Are you heading out next weekend ? I think Hoagie and I are looking at heading out this weekend hence the thread!
Maybe we'll cross paths.......I was out a little north of the city this weekend. A few flags and a few percas, neutral if not negative to say the least, but limits were brought home. We had to work for our fish and i would never have guessed the pattern that we had to use for the few fish caught!

Jam_Jam:
Got a bunch of small perch to 10", a few walleye and a pike this past weekend but the camping trip was a bust as the wind was too strong so I only fished Saturday.  Wind lifted my 90lb shanty right off the ice if you can believe it.

I'll probably be out this weekend with Van.  We're considering the Travers area but haven't made a final decision yet.  It'd be nice if we could get a week or two of really cold weather to thicken the ice enough to drive on...i'd really like to do some more exploring but if we're walking I think Van would die ;D  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version