Connecticut > Ice Fishing Connecticut

Bantam Ice

<< < (2/3) > >>

ChrisO81:
Zero edges at Bantam today.    A few open spots off point folly and in the north bay.  The boat ramp was wide open water!   Thanks d be thinking with the freeze we should be good to go by Sunday.[/img]

ChrisO81:
Bantam is still a no go.  Oddly enough Iím on Mt Tom now.  Easy on/off.  Unfortunately thereís just no fish here.  Iíd be thinking Bantam is donít for the year unless you are really crafty with extra long planks.

bob fishin:
Bantam is closed for Pike today. We were out on the ice Saturday off Point Folly. Walked on & off . No Plank,  5-6 " ice, some thinner spots.
Slow day, a few perch and a bunch of pickerel . NO pike.  There were a few guys in the south bay , a couple others near us & 2 huts on the far eastern shore .
Be safe .  Might be on the ice this weekend.

robertlbelrose:
I'm a bit on the cautious side now myself and it's a long drive to be worried about where I step. Last year towards the end I went to a spot people were saying was 8 to 10" of safe ice.. well they were half right- with every step I took near a hole I could see the water level raising and lowering, lol . The next day people were going through. Use peoples reports to decide to make the drive or not, but be safe and carry a rope, spikes, and spud bar wherever you go this time of year. :-)

lowaccord66:

--- Quote from: robertlbelrose on Mar 01, 2022, 02:26 PM ---I'm a bit on the cautious side now myself and it's a long drive to be worried about where I step. Last year towards the end I went to a spot people were saying was 8 to 10" of safe ice.. well they were half right- with every step I took near a hole I could see the water level raising and lowering, lol . The next day people were going through. Use peoples reports to decide to make the drive or not, but be safe and carry a rope, spikes, and spud bar wherever you go this time of year. :-)

--- End quote ---

I drove by often, save yourself the drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version