Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 744 times)

Offline armentroutlucas

• IceShanty Rookie
Advice please
« on: Jan 20, 2022, 05:40 PM »
Going after walleye tomorrow. Setting the jawjacker with minnows but was wondering what you guys that target then would use for jigging. I am in possession of a set of lindy rattling flyer spoons. A lindy glow spoon. Perch talkers and a few jigging raps. What do you guys suggest?

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2022, 06:02 PM »
Every lake is different.  Especially with walleye. Find the fish first then experiment with lures and presentation until you get them to bite. All the lures you mentioned will work. You can try tipping with a minnow head or beemoth too.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline armentroutlucas

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2022, 06:05 PM »
Thanks!!!

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2022, 08:57 PM »
I agree every lake is different. I love the jighing rap for walleye. Try with and without a minnow head! That’s generally my go to. Good luck

Offline dearjimschmidt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2022, 09:50 PM »
I agree every lake is different. I love the jighing rap for walleye. Try with and without a minnow head! That’s generally my go to. Good luck

What size jigging raps i know they can be as small as like an inch and up to like three inches.
River City Baits - Fort Wayne Indiana

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2022, 10:11 PM »
I like 3, and 5s the best here in Indiana for eyes. I rarely use much bigger, not that they wouldn’t work. And have caught a bunch of crappie on 2s.

Offline walleye wil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2022, 10:21 PM »
I have fished for walleye for quite a few years now, and my go to jigs I use
are the sweedish pimples and slender spoons! have worked pretty well over the years!
all different colors to use, but always hag good luck with gold, silver, gold and green, gold and orange, silver and green and
few other colors! I have all kinds of colors of both! seem to work pretty good when jigging for walleye or perch! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.