Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Transportation

Almost done with my new ride

(1/3) > >>

krispcritter:
So the snowmobile that my brother gave me(see old post) had way to many issues and was going to cost to much for make it reliable. So strip it down to the tunnel, free up the bogie wheels, and build a track sled. Still waiting on my throttle parts and a 12 volt DC electric motor and headlight. I should be able to run the DC motor (rated for 3000 to 8000 RPM's) off the jack shaft as a generator, using a solar panel controller as a voltage regulator to charge the battery and run the headlight. Just running the throttle by hand, this thing is a beast.

Fry Flier:
Looking Good, enjoy. Update us later with the ice under it....congrats

Skywagon:
Fun project!  With much snow there may be somewhat of an issue turning, the 1" tubing will get a workout, possibly an area to beef up? just a thought.

jethro:
Love it! Any idea how much it weighs?

jedhead:

--- Quote from: Skywagon on Aug 08, 2021, 04:56 PM ---Fun project!  With much snow there may be somewhat of an issue turning, the 1" tubing will get a workout, possibly an area to beef up? just a thought.

--- End quote ---
some cross bracing on that handle and a guard for the chain and sprockets for safety! Looks like you put alot of thought into it! Nice job and enjoy passing the walkers on the ice!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version