New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: “SANDY POND “by Boggey  (Read 131344 times)

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: “SANDY POND “by Boggey
« Reply #60 on: Jan 23, 2021, 07:03 AM »
Thank you Tommy Boy 1971
I live back in the woods you see

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #61 on: Jan 23, 2021, 07:11 AM »
Thanks for your service TommyBoy, hope you get back in time for some ice time!

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 23, 2021, 07:56 AM »
Thanks Tommy Boy...Marine oriented family here, Dad was a Marine Raider in WWII. My son has 18+ years in now.God bless you for your service.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline FATFINDER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #63 on: Jan 23, 2021, 09:11 AM »
Any report on green point?  Heading there later and dont want to buy bait if it's not safe!

Long
The next time you go in the outdoors remember to clean up your trash!

Offline FATFINDER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #64 on: Jan 23, 2021, 09:12 AM »
By the way, SEMPER FI Tommy boy!!!
The next time you go in the outdoors remember to clean up your trash!

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Jan 23, 2021, 05:38 PM »
Thank you very much for your service Tommy Boy ,stay safe and I will have a care package for you when you get home and I’m very sorry for your loss.On another note someone that we are close to might of had some sawdust from an open container of spikes get in his phone charger port.I will leave it at that and let you guess who that was and carry on with it at will. ;D

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 23, 2021, 05:59 PM »
Ok first..sawdust in the charger? Why? and how? seems like a story hidden somewhere.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Jan 23, 2021, 06:43 PM »
OK OK

You ready for this explanation? It was all operator error on my part. Here’s my mea culpa. You know how you put your tube of spikes on your outer pocket and sometimes the top comes off the tube and the spikes come out along with the sawdust? Well that’s what happened. Unfortunately my I-phone was also in that pocket. Now I take the I-phone to Verizon and tell the sales tech “this dang thing won’t charge”. She takes the phone, examines it and probes into the charging port with a small cleaner and pulls outa small wood chip (sawdust). Well I didn’t bother to explain how it got in there. I was just glad she didn’t pull out a maggot.

Yo Bobby, remind me not to tell you any of my darkest secrets eh?

Long story short: Phone is again fully functional and I can again regale you all with my exploits and ice conditions.

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Jan 23, 2021, 06:53 PM »
Note to self (Put bait in a different pocket)😉🤣🤣 glad you got it figured out.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Jan 23, 2021, 06:59 PM »
This was a classic and I couldn’t help myself  ;D

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #70 on: Jan 23, 2021, 07:14 PM »
Classic is right. Just another reason to stay tuned to "The old new guy" show.  ;D  Glad you got your phone fixed Boggey.
Tommy boy, nice to see chiming in. Sorry about your loss. Being away doesn't make it any easier. Sounds like you're making the best of your deployment. Take care.
GO BILLS!!
Stu
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Jan 23, 2021, 07:30 PM »
LOL   many years ago got home from fishing and was having a new female guest to the house hat night cleaned up and about an hr into the date she looks on floor near my ice fishing bibs and wouldnt you know spikes crawling all over floor she did not pass that test for gf material ,,,,

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Jan 23, 2021, 08:31 PM »
LOL   many years ago got home from fishing and was having a new female guest to the house hat night cleaned up and about an hr into the date she looks on floor near my ice fishing bibs and wouldnt you know spikes crawling all over floor she did not pass that test for gf material ,,,,
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Offline jnatoli93

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Jan 24, 2021, 07:45 AM »
I'll be heading up to Sandy tomorrow to see the possibility of dropping some lines, I'll be in a blue fish trap my names Joe stop by for a cup of coffee!

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 24, 2021, 08:10 AM »
Ah.., a blue shanty...phew I thought it might be a color that’s not out there....🙄🙄🙄😀😀😀😀

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 24, 2021, 08:13 AM »
Saw dust? Sounds like an easy fix, considering sandy pond owns my wife’s phone from last ice season. It could always be worse
.... AND TO THE FISHING GODS WE SHALL PRAY

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 24, 2021, 08:19 AM »
Great story Boggey. Can’t make too much fun I have one between Penn Yan and here one on the bottom at LOTI. And one that went for a dip with me on the Pond. 😀🇺🇸😎

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Jan 24, 2021, 09:02 AM »

Yo Oneida1,

Too funny my friend. I certainly hope you ended up finding the right girl friend who did eventually pass the test. Heck of a test though. Just sayin. ;)2 ;)2 ;)2
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Jan 24, 2021, 06:33 PM »
Yo Guys&Gals

Got my covid shot yesterday morning and planned on laying low today, just in case there were some side effects.

About noon time, a sore arm and a light head ache disappeared when I saw that beautiful sky and about 20 shanties sitting out there on the snow covered ice.

I accessed at the Wigwam ramp. Parking lot and ramp were snow covered. When I got on the ice I noticed the weight of the snow on the ice had given way to some water over the ice and that had formed a thin crusty layer over a 3 inch layer of slush. Not everywhere, but at given areas which had sustained a lot of hole cutting. Still for the most part it was an easy drag.

The holes I cut were 4 inches of slushy ice over about 5 inches of good ice. I have no doubt that slush will harden over night. I traveled light and sat on my pail for a couple of hours and managed 10 perch with one nice fat 12 incher. A beautiful sunny day that had warmed to 20 degrees with a very light breeze. Great day to be out, God is good.

Boggey

That’s the nice fatty I pulled through the ice yesterday. They are in there. You just got to find them

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Jan 24, 2021, 06:57 PM »
Yo Guys&Gals

Got my covid shot yesterday morning and planned on laying low today, just in case there were some side effects.

About noon time, a sore arm and a light head ache disappeared when I saw that beautiful sky and about 20 shanties sitting out there on the snow covered ice.

I accessed at the Wigwam ramp. Parking lot and ramp were snow covered. When I got on the ice I noticed the weight of the snow on the ice had given way to some water over the ice and that had formed a thin crusty layer over a 3 inch layer of slush. Not everywhere, but at given areas which had sustained a lot of hole cutting. Still for the most part it was an easy drag.

The holes I cut were 4 inches of slushy ice over about 5 inches of good ice. I have no doubt that slush will harden over night. I traveled light and sat on my pail for a couple of hours and managed 10 perch with one nice fat 12 incher. A beautiful sunny day that had warmed to 20 degrees with a very light breeze. Great day to be out, God is good.

Boggey

Take care mr bogs, saw my Nurse wife get her 2nd shot and it wiped her out for a day but bounced back. But she went to perch lake the next day (I got lucky) Watch out for 2nd one. I keep telling her it was ice fishing that cured her. All in all I’m not gonna push it but I’m a believer

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Jan 25, 2021, 01:07 PM »
Nice perch

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Jan 26, 2021, 03:26 PM »
Pretty quiet anybody on the Pond?

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #82 on: Jan 26, 2021, 03:40 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Played on the home ice today. Accessed off of my ramp by Blind Creek. The drag out wasn’t bad just a light dust of snow overnight. I stayed at my end of the Pond (NE). There was a (whiteout) at times. The ice thickness was 3 inches of white crusty ice over 5-7 inches of hard ice.

Had a hard time finding them this morning, but as the storm filtered in , so did the bite improve. Fished solo today and sat on my bucket. Managed a bakers dozen keepers and sorted through a lot of dinks to keep that many.

The drag back in was a little more tortuous as the blowing snow had accumulated 4-5 inches.

I’m warming up yesterday’s Chile for supper. Earned an early retirement tonight. Still snowing as of 4:47. Stay safe on and off the ice my friends.

Boggey

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #83 on: Jan 26, 2021, 03:51 PM »
Pretty quiet anybody on the Pond?

Yeh John,

I’m still a little under the weather from that corona virus shot. Didn’t feel like “singing” today. ;D ;D ;D

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Jan 26, 2021, 04:37 PM »
I’d sing for you? But ya might need ear plugs

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Jan 26, 2021, 09:40 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Almost wanted to start another topic titled (Smorgasbord of Opportunity), but I feel we can run off a tangent to the Sandy Pond thread and get back on topic easily so let’s have at it.

Anticipating all these single digit and in some places sub zero temperatures it really opens up some great possibilities to go ice hopping. I’m already hearing reports of ice conditions on Chaumont, 3 mile Bay and even points west, such as Sodus, Port Bay, Little Sodus.

Keep in mind, many of us have been fishing our favorite early ice fishing spots up north for nearly a month already. This might take some of the pressure off of the tent city’s we have witnessed on LOTI.

Every morning when I wake up is going to be like Christmas. Oneida, Black Lake, Goose Bay, Delta Lake, Cranberry Lake & Pond, Long Pond. The list goes on and on. The best thing is, I got an old fishing bud in almost all these places.

Now I’m not sure winter is going to last long enough for me to visit all my fishing buds before “ice out” at Kring’s, but I sure can put a dent in that Smorgasbord list of places to go ice fishing this winter and heck, what if I don’t get to all of them? I’m a young man, I can finish the list next year, weather provided and the good Lord willing.

Boggey signing off with visions of sugar plums dancing in my head.... hummm lets see , Thursday Chaumont, 😀 maybe Port Bay on Friday , 😄maybe....

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 27, 2021, 08:08 AM »
Sweet list my friend. Heading to Chamont Friday.

Online ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Jan 27, 2021, 08:22 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Almost wanted to start another topic titled (Smorgasbord of Opportunity), but I feel we can run off a tangent to the Sandy Pond thread and get back on topic easily so let’s have at it.

How about naming it “Where’s Boogey” or “Where on the Ice is Boogey”

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Jan 27, 2021, 02:51 PM »
Yo Fishforpike,

Switched phones. I don’t have your phone or email on the new one, since you are a Gawker now I can’t get ahold of you. You got my email. Drop me a line bud.

Boggey

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Jan 27, 2021, 06:30 PM »
Is it true there’s parking on Doreen dr?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.