Author Topic: Sheridan Lake  (Read 10559 times)

Offline Foshay

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Back Tha PACK
Sheridan Lake
« on: Dec 14, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Caught bout 50 perch on Stockade last week.  Hitting Sheridan on Sat.  Anyone do decent there yet?
Joshua 1:9

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sheridan Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2011, 06:14 PM »
plenty of fish being caught from what i've heard.  I've seen people by the north marina, and by 385

Offline Foshay

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Back Tha PACK
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2011, 06:48 PM »
I'll prob walk from there by 385.  Not gutsy enought to take four wheeler yet.  game n fish said 2 fell in last season.  I did good early there last year.

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2011, 07:00 PM »
i did see a wheeler on the 385 bay on sunday. 

Offline Foshay

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Back Tha PACK
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2011, 07:16 PM »
Maybe once few more on.  I dont mind walking should be just ice on lake-supposedly going to be 45.

Offline newyotcx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2011, 09:48 PM »
fished it for a few hours the smorning cought about twenty-five or so perch kept five with an avarage of 9 or 10 in not a bad couple of hours there was a four wheeler on the 385  bay and someone had one on the south boat ramp side

Offline Foshay

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Back Tha PACK
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2011, 08:34 AM »
Yeah its prob safe.  But-I'll still walk Sat.  I'll be there while still dark Sat morning by 385 on beach side.  Just gotta remember to get minnows Fri night

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2011, 11:40 AM »
When we went to sheridan red maggots where the hot item. Didn't have any minnows but i would like to put a minnow on a tip up in the shallows to see if i can get a pike or two.

Offline Foshay

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Back Tha PACK
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2011, 03:03 PM »
Thanks  good tip-I'll gettem from the Rooster Fri.  Ones I got from Custer last week were dead so make sure you check them out.  My fault for taking off quick

Offline KingCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2011, 03:32 PM »
we may just see you out there Saturday -

Offline Foshay

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Back Tha PACK
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2011, 04:28 PM »
Think its just me going-3 guys in know have to work.  It'll be fun n warm.  Supposedly 48

Offline nbaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2011, 05:29 PM »
My dad and I will be out in the morning!  Hope the fish are biting..

Offline Foshay

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Back Tha PACK
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2011, 07:54 PM »
cya there maybe  im getting there still at dark   gotta be off ice around noon or so

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 17, 2011, 07:15 AM »
KingCat, me and a few other guys are hitting up Sheridan today.  Should be 4 or 5 of us.  Should be over by the south ramp or over in 385.  Look for the idiot in the red bibs, that'll be KingCat, or the incredibly good looking guy in a black hoodie running a humminbird, that'll be me, obviously. we will be driving a gray toyota pickup and a white isuzu rodeo.  Stop by and say hello.

Offline Foshay

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Back Tha PACK
« Reply #14 on: Dec 17, 2011, 04:29 PM »
I got out of there around 1:00  bite was slow.  Caught 4 perch but all small.  I did a quick stop horsetheif n caught 1 trout. Slow day but caught something.  Hope ya"ll caught a bunch  I"ll try to meet some of ya'll after Christmas.  Flying out of town

Offline SoDakdick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2011, 02:48 PM »
Was out a Sheridan yesterday I think we had two bites and the one fish that we hooked feel back down the hole. Was there from 930 to 430
Keep your stick on the ice we are all in this together.

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2011, 03:00 PM »
fished from about 730 until 3.  Caught a lot of fish, was pretty selective on what I bought home. Brought 11 home I believe.  Caught most of my fish in the 20-25 foot range.  Also caught a bonus crappie and brown trout.

Offline KingCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 19, 2011, 11:42 AM »
While there's nothing wrong with my sweet red bibs, I have taken note of FlagChaser's tone. I will have different bibs next time.

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 19, 2011, 05:38 PM »
KC, if you don't like your red bibs, I know a guy that would wear them proudly

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 20, 2011, 08:25 AM »
So would it be worth my while to drag my boys out? Or should I take them to Stockade where I know they will catch some fish?
Anthony

Offline Foshay

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Back Tha PACK
« Reply #20 on: Dec 20, 2011, 01:07 PM »
If your taking kids-stockade they would have fun all day

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 20, 2011, 04:42 PM »
I would also recommend stockade, people are catching fish at Sheridan, but for me to have a what I consider a successful day, I am on the move all day to find fish.

Offline nbaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 20, 2011, 06:58 PM »
Last friday my dad and I were catching fish but we had to hole hop alot and use the flashers to stay with the fish.  My wife wants to go on friday, since I only have 1 flasher and will have the kids with also I think we'll go down to Stockade and give it a try.  I found a spot last year that the fish moved cross fairly often and we wouldn't go 15 minutes without catching a fish, plus there is a little play ground area for the kids to goof around on. 

Offline Foshay

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Back Tha PACK
« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2011, 07:57 PM »
We caught a bunch x2 about 150 yards away from the bridge.  Kids will have fun.  Guys closer to that play area didnt seem to catch much and left pretty quick.

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 21, 2011, 08:14 AM »
Last friday my dad and I were catching fish but we had to hole hop alot and use the flashers to stay with the fish.  My wife wants to go on friday, since I only have 1 flasher and will have the kids with also I think we'll go down to Stockade and give it a try.  I found a spot last year that the fish moved cross fairly often and we wouldn't go 15 minutes without catching a fish, plus there is a little play ground area for the kids to goof around on.

Play ground area? I only ever fish near the road in those coves. Give me some info so I can turn them loose when they get bored. LOL Plus I will look you up while I'm out there.
Anthony

Offline newyotcx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2011, 11:31 AM »
Thinking of going to sheridan on friday just wondering what the ice was doing with all the warm weather we were thinking of takingthe atvs to make it easier to move if needed just looking for an ice report from some one that has been on it in the last couple days

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 21, 2011, 11:54 AM »
A co-worker was out the other day and said the ice was nice and clear. He drilled holes from the CG near 385 to the rock wall checking thickness and found 6" or more all the way there. He was the first holes in that area.
Anthony

Offline nbaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2011, 12:42 PM »
Last year they was a swing set/jungle gym thing set up by the boat launch and porta bathrooms off on the east side of the lake.  I think I may try down by the dam like others have mentioned above..

Offline newyotcx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 21, 2011, 12:55 PM »
thanks for the info i think that we will try it friday fished it one other time this year and did ok might fish all day friday if your out swing in i will be on an old red four wheeler and clam ice house

Offline CTG57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 21, 2011, 02:57 PM »
I would not take my ATV out on the ice at Sheridan right now.  Maybe by 385 it is thick enough, but with plenty of marginal weather, the rest of the lake is probably iffy...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.