Author Topic: MUSKIE  (Read 18412 times)

Offline JAZII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NO FLASHER? NO FISH? NO KIDDING?
Re: MUSKIE
« Reply #90 on: Dec 24, 2011, 04:00 PM »
No ice and I needed something to do.

JAZII

2007 1ST Perch 15 5/16"   2007 1ST Brown Trout 28 3/8"
2008 1ST BlueGill 10 7/8"
2009 2ND Perch 15"
2010 2ND Perch 16 1/8"

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Dec 24, 2011, 09:52 PM »
Lmao this thread should be frozen or deleted or whatever you mods do to kill it. This thread is ancient..

Offline bwana72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Dec 26, 2011, 06:35 PM »
JAZZ....That was truly an awesome fish. And I HATE the "holier than thou's" out there. I do believe in catch and release, but if someone decides to keep a fish to have it mounted...and it is within THE LAW...well then MORE POWER TO THEM !!! I have dead fish as well as repo's on my wall. And anybody that has a problem with that can kiss my hairy white **ENTER EXPLETIVE HERE**. Do me a favor though...when you get the mount back(or if you already have), post a pic of it...I'd love to see how it turned out. And to all the nay sayers on the ancient thread....the DNR has set laws..laws that we all have to follow....and if someone does something that falls well within those laws, but you don't think it's right....go to your DNR and try to get the laws changed...but if you aern't going to do that, then just keep your mouth shut...some of you really embarrassed yourself and don't even realize it.
Good Things Come To Those Who Bait

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Dec 28, 2011, 10:24 AM »
JAZZ....That was truly an awesome fish. And I HATE the "holier than thou's" out there. I do believe in catch and release, but if someone decides to keep a fish to have it mounted...and it is within THE LAW...well then MORE POWER TO THEM !!! I have dead fish as well as repo's on my wall. And anybody that has a problem with that can kiss my hairy white **ENTER EXPLETIVE HERE**. Do me a favor though...when you get the mount back(or if you already have), post a pic of it...I'd love to see how it turned out. And to all the nay sayers on the ancient thread....the DNR has set laws..laws that we all have to follow....and if someone does something that falls well within those laws, but you don't think it's right....go to your DNR and try to get the laws changed...but if you aern't going to do that, then just keep your mouth shut...some of you really embarrassed yourself and don't even realize it.

what the hell are you guys talking about? are you dumb? i never once said i had a problem with him keeping it, if you actually READ (do you know how to read?).. if you actually read the thread i said SEVERAL times i had no problem with him keeping it... the reason i said this REDICULOUS thread should be deleted is because stuff like THIS starts huge arguments on this website... and he refreshened the thread because he was "bored"...this thing was dead and buried and he brought it back up to the top. thats rediculous. a mod should definitely freeze or delete this end of story..

Offline bwana72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Dec 28, 2011, 04:55 PM »
northennyice....first off..I am certainly not "dumb"....and secondly...I never mentioned nor referred to your post/posts on this subject (and definitely did not "quote" them as you did mine)...in fact I was speaking more from personal experience than I was to posts on this thread.  If you have such an issue with this thread, here's an idea...Quit Reading It.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Dec 28, 2011, 05:31 PM »
And to all the nay sayers on the ancient thread....the DNR has set laws..laws that we all have to follow....and if someone does something that falls well within those laws, but you don't think it's right....go to your DNR and try to get the laws changed...but if you aern't going to do that, then just keep your mouth shut...some of you really embarrassed yourself and don't even realize it.

I was the one who referred to this thread as ancient. You specifically called that out.. Who the hell else we're you referring to? Me, obviously. Then you went rambling on about laws and rights.. Your not getting my point. A thread like this is so extremely debatable.. People saying "you shouldn't kill that fish." people like you saying " it was clearly his right to keep it and no one else's choice." it's just a constant argument. Your proving that..  And all I was getting at is it's rediculous.

Offline eyehunter3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Dec 29, 2011, 04:06 PM »
thats an awesome fish, those pics got me fired up to go after one now

Offline RAU

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Dec 30, 2011, 11:08 AM »
Muskies have been shot and clubbed boatside for decades. Every legal fish killed. Who hasnt seen old fishing lodge pics with poles covered with giant dead hanging pike and muskies from the 50s and 60s? And we have more muskies now than ever!! I'll be the 1st to admit catch and release and stocking is why. Fishing is far more technical now and people are able to really target and catch muskies so if we acted like that today we'd really wreck what we have. With todays gear, knowledge, and methods I dont think it would take long to wreck the fishery. That said anybody who wants to keep a fish for the wall has my blessing. Every musky ive caught has been released so far but im gonna kill 1  50" or better fish in my lifetime and I cant see how thats gonna hurt anything. Anyone who would comment against, look down their nose, badmouth me for doing so should waste their time elsewhere. All the above is just my opinion,just the way i see things. Im not gonna pretend to be some sort of fisheries biologist like some of the real obnoxious loudmouths who posted before. What the heck our state funded fisheries bioligists...........t he real deal, says I can keep 1  40 incher a day year round............. every day!!!!  And this guys musky of a lifetime, dead, and the way he holds it annoys some of you!?!?!?! GROW UP!!!!

Thats a great fish and you caught it around 8 miles from my house congrats several years later!!!

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Dec 30, 2011, 11:12 AM »
Muskies have been shot and clubbed boatside for decades. Every legal fish killed. Who hasnt seen old fishing lodge pics with poles covered with giant dead hanging pike and muskies from the 50s and 60s? And we have more muskies now than ever!! I'll be the 1st to admit catch and release and stocking is why. Fishing is far more technical now and people are able to really target and catch muskies so if we acted like that today we'd really wreck what we have. With todays gear, knowledge, and methods I dont think it would take long to wreck the fishery. That said anybody who wants to keep a fish for the wall has my blessing. Every musky ive caught has been released so far but im gonna kill 1  50" or better fish in my lifetime and I cant see how thats gonna hurt anything. Anyone who would comment against, look down their nose, badmouth me for doing so should waste their time elsewhere. All the above is just my opinion,just the way i see things. Im not gonna pretend to be some sort of fisheries biologist like some of the real obnoxious loudmouths who posted before. What the heck our state funded fisheries bioligists...........t he real deal, says I can keep 1  40 incher a day year round............. every day!!!!  And this guys musky of a lifetime, dead, and the way he holds it annoys some of you!?!?!?! GROW UP!!!!

Thats a great fish and you caught it around 8 miles from my house congrats several years later!!!

Nice rant. Got time to tell me your life story again?? Get real joker.

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Dec 30, 2011, 11:23 AM »
Anyone ever try eating one?

Offline RAU

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Dec 30, 2011, 10:45 PM »
I got lots of time.  But first tell me what kind of bitter little princess would ever post the following on an internet fishing message board?!?!?!

Lmao this thread should be frozen or deleted or whatever
you mods do to kill it. This thread is ancient..

what the hell are you guys talking about?
are you dumb? i never once said i had a problem
with him keeping it, if you actually READ (do you know how to read?)..
if you actually read the thread i said SEVERAL times i had no problem
with him keeping it... the reason i said this REDICULOUS thread should
be deleted is because stuff like THIS starts huge arguments on this website...
and he refreshened the thread because he was "bored"...this thing was dead
and buried and he brought it back up to the top. thats rediculous. a
mod should definitely freeze or delete this end of story..

I was the one who referred to this thread as ancient. You specifically called
that out.. Who the hell else we're you referring to? Me, obviously. Then you
went rambling on about laws and rights.. Your not getting my point. A thread
like this is so extremely debatable.. People saying "you shouldn't kill that
fish." people like you saying " it was clearly his right to keep it and no one
else's choice." it's just a constant argument. Your proving that..  And all I
was getting at is it's rediculous.

Nice rant. Got time to tell me your life story again?? Get real joker.

PS Its ridiculous genius

Offline bwana72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Dec 31, 2011, 12:10 AM »
RAU.....He's a Big Tough Guy when he is sitting safely behind his keyboard at home. It is just unfortunate that people like that are allowed access to websites that are filled with mostly great guys. It is just funny to me that he is the one who has said that this thread needs to be removed, yet he is the one who keeps stirring it up and keeping it going. Oh...and RAU....here is a prediction for you....it is obvious that he is the type of person who (while sitting safely behind his keyboard at home) has to have the last word....I'll start the stop watch now and  we will see how long it takes him to respond on the thread that he thinks should be deleted because it is ancient.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #102 on: Dec 31, 2011, 07:08 AM »
Lol it has nothin to do with sitting behind a keyboard. I'm about 6'2 240 and not sweating a single one of you pan fishing tools.. People say stuff on the Internet. That's how it goes... Or perhaps you guys have never been on Facebook or topix.. Quit getting so butt hurt.

Offline iwantone2.4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Dec 31, 2011, 08:54 AM »
Out of hand, this thread needs a big ole padlock  :-\

When luck becomes habit it turns into skill

Offline ICEROGUE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I have been on top of the world, and theres no ice
« Reply #104 on: Dec 31, 2011, 10:25 AM »
Somebodys got a big poop face ;D :roflmao: Thats what I tell my eight year old daughter when she gets grumpy too

Offline Goatskin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Dec 31, 2011, 11:51 AM »
You guys need to stop whining. Honestly this thread is over a year old. Im with northernnyice, just stop talking...

Offline JAZII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NO FLASHER? NO FISH? NO KIDDING?
« Reply #106 on: Dec 31, 2011, 10:53 PM »
How about this, deleate all the comments and let the pics FLY.

JAZII

2007 1ST Perch 15 5/16"   2007 1ST Brown Trout 28 3/8"
2008 1ST BlueGill 10 7/8"
2009 2ND Perch 15"
2010 2ND Perch 16 1/8"

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #107 on: Dec 31, 2011, 11:00 PM »
Joe,

I cant believe all the comments on this.  I mean you caught a great (i would say once in a lifetime but seeing all your pics I would be willing to bet that you will beat that one) Fish. 

Maybe everybody will have ice soon so they can quit bickering over pictures of fish and actually catch some of their own.

I hope we have spme ice soon so we can start chasing those big Perch.

Dave

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Jan 01, 2012, 02:30 AM »
I'll be the first to admit I'm the main culprit here. But it's not due to lack of ice. I've been fishing for about a week. Happy new years everyone get home safe.

Offline Jigger Don

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #109 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Jumbo!!!

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #110 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:44 PM »
I've caught plenty of muskie bass fishing Lake St. Clair, but never any to that magnitude...  Very nice fish, I am still waiting for a monster like that.

Offline OGGYDOGGY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #111 on: Jan 02, 2012, 04:55 PM »
Nice fish ,  caught legally keep it or release it your choice . If it was dying I would have also kept it . Man thats HUGE!!

Offline fishSLAYERman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #112 on: Jan 04, 2012, 01:12 PM »
You know we all pay for our right to fish and keep whatever we want so for those of you that dont like it to bad. Its his right to keep whatever he wants just like its his right to have a gun no difference.
FISH: an animal that grows the fastest

between the time it’s caught

and the time the fisherman

describes it to his friends

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Jan 04, 2012, 01:23 PM »
You know we all pay for our right to fish and keep whatever we want so for those of you that dont like it to bad. Its his right to keep whatever he wants just like its his right to have a gun no difference.

From going back through this thread and seeing a couple of the ranters on here, gotta say if I caught a fish like that and decided to keep it for whatever reason, and I was fishing alongside somebody that started giving me a R.O.S., I'd tell 'em I was keeping it just to grind up and feed to homeless cats just to annoy them a bit more.

He caught it legally, stated it was bleeding heavily (not like that matters) and kept it.  His right to do so.
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline Wizzofd69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard Water 2012
« Reply #114 on: Jan 04, 2012, 11:05 PM »
Must of been an awesome fight jiggin that thing up

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #115 on: Jan 04, 2012, 11:21 PM »
should i keep this thread going for another year by asking if vex or marcum is better?? ;D ;D ;D

on a more serious note....that is one seriously nice fish you snagged into there man....my hat off to you
it's just to bad you have to waste it on a mount....round here we'd just fillet em up ;) ;)

nice fish

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Jan 05, 2012, 09:21 AM »

Offline mcboatsret

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • U.S. Navy MasterChief Boatswain's Mate Retired
« Reply #117 on: Jan 05, 2012, 11:04 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

This coming from one of the biggest spoons in this stinky pot of manure.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #118 on: Jan 05, 2012, 12:27 PM »
Haha woo!! That's me, a big ol spoon... I was actually arguing to get this thread frozen. I've seen threads get frozen for MUCH less banter.. Maybe this one is just a free for all??

Offline GRIZZZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #119 on: Jan 12, 2012, 10:25 AM »
Once in a life time fish....Congrats!

Where the hell is NEPA  :)  Wish we grew them that big here :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.