Author Topic: Ice Tents Maintenance and Repairs  (Read 1514 times)

Offline danger1337

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Tents Maintenance and Repairs
« on: Mar 19, 2019, 06:01 PM »
Getting ready to shut her down for the season and I would like to do a couple things to my tents before putting them away.

First my one 3 main has the inside black rubber peeling and lets in a lot of light.
I've ready about a rubber spray bomb but would like to hear what others have used in the past.

Finally I have a older quick fish 6 that the hubs like to pull out. We have used tape which has worked for the whole season but I would like a long term fix
Any input is more then welcome!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Ice Tents Maintenance and Repairs
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2019, 06:05 PM »
Spray Plasti dip and Eskimo makes/has replacement parts
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2019, 07:45 PM »
Finally I have a older quick fish 6 that the hubs like to pull out. We have used tape which has worked for the whole season but I would like a long term fix.  Any input is more than welcome!

We pulled one hub off the fabric while putting the QF6 away in a wicked wind one day (like 30 mph).  Oddly enough, it was a roof hub.  I sewed 2-inch nylon webbing over the hole, cut/melted a new hole, installed a new grommet, and reassembled.  It has held up for 2-3 seasons since and I'm pleased with the repair. If you are interested I could unpack it and post a pic or two.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2019, 10:01 AM »
Your local fabric shop may sell self adhesive luggage repair tape. Fixed my 5 hubs 3 year ago and have no issues since. One assembly had pulled out so I repaired the other 4 at the same time

Offline danger1337

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2019, 11:33 AM »
Your local fabric shop may sell self adhesive luggage repair tape. Fixed my 5 hubs 3 year ago and have no issues since. One assembly had pulled out so I repaired the other 4 at the same time

If its not a pain that would be great.
Still got a couple weeks of fishing up here but just planning ahead

Offline ByteN2it

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2019, 01:42 PM »
I repaired/reinforced my hubs 2 seasons ago & they’re holding up very well. I used 2” wide belt webbing inside & out to reinforce & how I got a grommet into the increased thickness is described in this old thread.
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=347859.msg3706513#msg3706513
" The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about Gustafson ! "

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2019, 07:51 PM »
I have some 1/8" holes that I can see through on my Clam Nanook.  It's from where I threw my auger on it (without the protector) and it poked through.  I plan to  when I was moving quickly to setup elsewhere.

I plan to use the Iron-On material on the inside of of shanty.  It's a heavy denim fabric, available from fabric store or likely Walmart, just not sure if the heat up adhesive will be strong enough.  Will try.  My season is over.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.