The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: County  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Huemorin

• Team IceShanty Regular
County
« on: Mar 18, 2019, 07:12 AM »
Anyone Fish Square this past weekend?  Hoping to keep tabs on the conditions as I haven't been up since February and I am hoping to go the last weekend of the month.  Any updates are appreciated.  I have been able to fish the last day of the season up there for the past 8 years or so anyway, so I am hoping to be able to do that again.   Thanks

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: County
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2019, 09:48 AM »
I didn't fish but I rode my sled across Long, Cross, Eagle, St. Froid and Portage lakes all last week and they sure are slushy...
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline IceMan100

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2019, 08:30 AM »
Anyone Fish Square this past weekend?  Hoping to keep tabs on the conditions as I haven't been up since February and I am hoping to go the last weekend of the month.  Any updates are appreciated.  I have been able to fish the last day of the season up there for the past 8 years or so anyway, so I am hoping to be able to do that again.   Thanks

we fished it Saturday, was VERY slushy, was worried on getting off the lake pulling gear but got off.   pretty frozen the last couple days as it's been in the single numbers at nite this week.   Not mush snow on the lake though.  bring an extension if you go.  had to use one on Saturday.   Slow fishing, only perch on the opposite side from you.

Offline PortageLaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2019, 10:46 AM »
I rode my sled across Portage yesterday afternoon and everything is frozen solid and very rough /slow traveling.It was below zero this morning so that surely hardened it up even more.I am not sure of other lakes but I would imagine conditions are about the same.Bring your extension lot of ice..

Offline Huemorin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2019, 09:01 AM »
Just wanted to move this to the top to see if conditions changed that much from last week.  I am thinking not but just trying to be sure.  I will be heading up around noon Thursday to hopefully get into camp before dark to then fish a couple days to end the winter trips into camp.  Next time after this we will be putting in docks and boats.  hahaha

Offline IceMan100

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2019, 11:58 AM »
rock hard,  still in the single numbers at night,  still making ice  :P  should be good to go!   Good Luck and have fun.   Not much lubrication for the sleds though

Also bring some smelt from the south, nothing up here only shiners at bait dealers.

Offline Huemorin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2019, 02:10 PM »
Thanks Iceman.  That's about what I expected.  Maybe a little dusting or two of snow this week or a little melt later in the week, because I was a bit concerned about the lubrication for the sleds.  Thanks again, ia m looking forward to it

Offline IceMan100

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2019, 02:45 PM »
Northern Maine ice fishing season extended until April 21!  woot woot!

Offline Huemorin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2019, 09:14 AM »
Geez, no more catching the last day of fishing for me.  hahaha.  Hopefully get into a few Friday and Saturday.  Weather is looking pretty decent.  There will be 3 of us near Limestone Point (where camp is) if anyone is out there.

Offline Huemorin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2019, 09:11 AM »
Last trip in this winter was a success for the most part.  Friday was better fishing than Saturday but for the most part we had the lake to ourselves.  We tried to go for a little ride Saturday morning but the sled without picks was starting to overheat after about 6 miles so we knew how that would end up.  Made sense to just head back to camp and fish.  It always nice when you can just fish in Jeans and a sweatshirt.  Still plenty of ice, but I am sure it will start to go fast soon.  We will be back in at ice out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.