The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Mountain lion  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Steamingholes

• IceShanty Rookie
Mountain lion
« on: Mar 16, 2019, 02:31 PM »
Seems to me that no one on here has actually seen one

Offline ronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Mountain lion
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2019, 02:55 PM »
I've seen several and have 1 hanging on a wall.
The secret to fishing.....fish where the fish are.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2019, 03:29 PM »
They are occasionally seen around here. Game and Fish figures they are just passing through like the Moose that are seen here occasionally.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline cap

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2019, 07:55 AM »
A few years back I was traveling west on Route  9 (The Airline) coming back from New Brunswick on my way back to Bangor and somewhere around the Crawford/Wesley line I saw a cat emerge from the right hand side of the road (the northern side) and it crossed right in front of my motorcycle about 40 yards ahead of me and disappeared into the woods on the southern side of the road (to the left)...The cat had a long tail. I know what I saw. It wasn't a lynx or a bobcat because neither has a long tail and whatever the animal that I saw was, it had a tail as long as the length of it's whole body.  The whole thing happened in like a second or two....I was amazed, it all happened so fast. I had heard "reports" of mountain lion sightings for years. I saw what I saw.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2019, 08:23 AM »
Hope he dosnt get mad i posted these pictures but a good friend of mine is hunting turkeys with a recurve bow in Florida and had this walk in front of him...
I know your talking Maine but this is so cool...

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2019, 09:33 AM »
Hope he dosnt get mad i posted these pictures but a good friend of mine is hunting turkeys with a recurve bow in Florida and had this walk in front of him...
I know your talking Maine but this is so cool...

Appears your friend isn't the only one hunting turkeys.

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2019, 05:50 PM »
I think I’ll cal this post “girlythingfooting Around”.  ;D ;)2 :icefish: Should NOT read “girlythingfooting”  :sick: CRACK ME UP! Was punning on the cat theme. You know, another name for cats and things they do.  ;D :roflmao: :icefish: :thumbsup:

It’s kinda like that thing when someone says “It’s a Cocker” which doesn’t get changed to the actual saying, which is “Corker” meaning a good wine deserving of a cork and being saved!

HAHAHA I post an piece, for general information, of a guy that was actually ice fishing and the snowflakes start to prematurely melt! I made NO comments, just posted what the guy saw and filmed as best he could. It wasn’t about who eats whom or who hunts what or who really likes wild stuff, especially seen while ice fishing! People have posted muskrats, otter and a saw a merganser and a mink at some point.... Love good wildlife posts! Love, clamfarmer.  :angel :-*
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline Steamingholes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2019, 06:47 PM »
Not trying to step on toes but I’ve grilled lion loins. Taste like pork chop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.