The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Favorite boots for ice fishing??  (Read 4259 times)

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
Re: Favorite boots for ice fishing??
« Reply #30 on: Nov 28, 2018, 07:08 AM »
I'm a Baffin Guy. Love them..... but for non Ice fishing tromping around...I have 4 pairs of asst L.L Bean Maine Hunting shoes. Finestkind.
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Nov 28, 2018, 11:46 AM »
If it is warmer and or I am going to be doing a lot of walking Muck Arctic Pros.  If it is really cold and or I am not moving around alot (or in my tree stand) Baffin Titans.  The mucks have great support and foot bed but can be a little on the cold side.  The Titans are like fishing in warm, dry slippers.  I have not found and dont believe there is one perfect boot.   

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Nov 28, 2018, 12:21 PM »
I like my Muck Arctic Sports and Cabelas 1200 gram pac boots (I take 2 pair on weekend trips cause my feet sweat). I use regular waterproof hiking boots before the snow hits, that's my favorite!
If your feet are sweating you should try lighter boots. 1200 gram insulation is overkill. I spent many winters working outside on the snow at ski resorts and learned that 600 gram insulation will keep my feet warm in any temperatures I'll ever see in Maine. Most days I wore boots with 300 gram insulation.

Offline csiacd78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 29, 2018, 07:48 AM »
My feet sweat all the time, ha ha. Sneakers, boots, boat shoes, does not matter...

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 01, 2018, 06:31 PM »
When feet sweat felt lined snowmobile boots with a spare set of liners have always worked for me Liners out of boots dry very fast near a stove.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 01, 2018, 09:39 PM »
When feet sweat felt lined snowmobile boots with a spare set of liners have always worked for me Liners out of boots dry very fast near a stove.
if i have a drive to get  to the lake i don't put my boots on till i get to the lake. this way I'm not sweating in them beforehand. works good!

Offline Frontier87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 02, 2018, 09:18 AM »
if i have a drive to get  to the lake i don't put my boots on till i get to the lake. this way I'm not sweating in them beforehand. works good!

Same here. More comfortable driving without big boots on.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 02, 2018, 09:26 AM »
Yup, me too.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Bosshog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:23 AM »
Lacrosse iceman's ,I have had mine for over 20 years and even if my feet got wet they stayed warm.
Bait goes on the hook... hook goes in the water...smelt is in the water...OUR SMELT!!!

Offline Jkoht

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 04, 2018, 10:48 AM »
Lacrosse icemans are a good go to, or the icekings for a step up, but lately I've been using a pair of baffin boots that are amazingly warm. Don't remember the model name, but they are tall, only have two 2" straps with buckles with a snow cuff cincher on top, and they're rated for -140.

Offline fishless12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 05, 2018, 01:30 AM »
I've been running these https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/75920?page=men-s-maine-pac-boots&bc=&feat=pac%20boots-SR0&csp=a&attrValue_0=Dark%20Sienna&searchTerm=pac%20boots for the last couple years. I'm MOSTLY happy with them. For the money, they're great, and I'm sure they'll hold up well.

Two of my good friends run these https://schnees.com/extreme/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA6JjgBRDbARIsANfu58Gc8e-VWy_1w7MptrOh4cmmpaf3WoXvvltRLP5N77oEfYs7mSsRHPkaAkA0EALw_wcB and they swear by them. If I were any less happy with what I'm running, I'd pull the trigger on a pair of them in a heartbeat, probably what I'll replace my boots with.

If there's one thing I can say, it's that you gotta treat your feet right when it comes to any outdoor activity, especially cold weather activities like ice fishing or hunting, where you're not constantly moving.

The thing about big pac boots is, you're not likely to use them for much besides ice fishing, so they'll last a long time. spread over ten years (easily) makes $350 for boots seem pretty reasonable. My experience with full on rubber boots is that they don't tend to last very long before they start leaking, which makes them a little expensive in my book. (I still use them hunting, though)

Obviously Pac boots aren't the best if you have to hike a ways into a pond. But I like them because they don't tend to be too tight, so they accommodate good quality winter weight wool socks without squishing your feet (that makes them cold even in doors) plus the liners are removable so they dry out easily.

I try to avoid relying on hand/footwarmers because it seems like something that would be easy (for me, at least) to forget.

Just my two cents on boots.
You can always find me where the wind breaks.

Offline Maineguy93

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 06, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Muck Arctic Pro

Offline Scrub

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 10, 2018, 01:42 PM »
Canadian felt lined with felt innersoles. Old standby, can't beat em.

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #43 on: Dec 11, 2018, 08:47 AM »
Muck have been the best for me and they last.
Steve

Offline tipman14

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Dec 11, 2018, 10:23 AM »
I love my lacrosse 1600 feet never wet or cold.
I’m here for the cusk !!!!

Offline shoeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 11, 2018, 05:47 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Muck Arctic Ice boots for me.. my only gripe is that I wish the calf was adjustable as I have ham hocks
love my artic sport mucks!

Offline JimbubbaBIW

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 11, 2018, 07:17 PM »
I've got a pair of old Arctic Cat snowmobile boots that are pushing 20 years old. Have never worn any other boot that keeps my feet as warm. The wool insulation is an inch thick.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.