Author Topic: Sheels, Fleet Farm ice fishing tackle  (Read 829 times)

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sheels, Fleet Farm ice fishing tackle
« on: Sep 18, 2018, 02:59 PM »
anyone from MN., WI, N.D. know about when these stores get in and stock shelves with new gear? any other co.s that get a good selection of stuff? thanks, wire.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Sheels, Fleet Farm ice fishing tackle
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2018, 09:23 PM »
Fleet Farm near me (near Milwaukee) has some ice stuff in the clearance bin. Hali jigs and spoons mostly, but some other stuff too.  Their outdoor set is likely to be mostly hunting until after Thanksgiving or so.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2018, 01:51 AM »
Scheels should be pretty quick here,  they seem jump the gun and screw the fall fisherman

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2018, 08:18 AM »
Scheels in St. Cloud MN started putting out some ice gear. They have a couple Eskimo shacks out on display, a handful of augers, and even some flashers. They also have an end cap display with some Tuned Up Custom Rods and another small section with more rod/reel combos. Lots of ice tackle spread throughout the aisles as well. I spoke to a sales rep and he thinks they should have even more stuff out this weekend, and really start ramping it up the first weekend of October.

Fleet Farm doesn't really have anything out yet. Just some tackle that they keep out year round, like jigging raps and spoons. A couple end caps has left over tackle from last year. But, all of that has been out all summer. They've definitely transitioned into fall hunting gear though, kayaks and other summer fishing/water gear has been taken off the show floor.

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2018, 09:34 AM »
o.k., thanks, guys. wire

Offline tornadochaser60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2018, 05:24 PM »
Scheels in Sioux Falls said they'd start putting portables & other gear out within the next few weeks.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2018, 08:08 PM »
Typically right now, beginning of October the the ice fishing stuff begins to show up.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2018, 04:28 PM »
thanks again, guys. here on the edge of the ice belt most shops don,t get a lot of new stuff in so they,ll not be stuck with lots of inventory after season, ,n, i like to ,speriment with the things i see on here ,n, IDO. found a lure at FF last year in feb. that was the catsazz for perch on leech lake. looked all over but cant find more ,n, in other sizes anywhere, so i want to get the jump on these, ,n, stock up for me ,n, the boy. it was the last one in  the u.s. apperantly. thank god i didn,t lose it to a pike, so, i do have one for this season. wire

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.