The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: grand marais visit  (Read 534 times)

Offline canyonfish

• IceShanty Rookie
grand marais visit
« on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:28 PM »
Hey, I'm in Grand Marais fo a week or so(visiting from Montana).  I plan on finding some hard water  for a day or two while i'm here.  I'm not afraid to figure it out on my own, but if there is anyone around the would like a tag a long, I'm game.  Cheers to watching the flasher turn red!

Offline maxmartens

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: grand marais visit
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:50 PM »
Thats out of my area but i would think someone will chim in thats gods country up there forsure.
Good luck

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2015, 11:33 AM »
Hit a bait shop, they should be able to hook you up with several options ;)

Offline tjacob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2015, 03:58 PM »
I think the only bait shop left in town is Bucks Hardware Hank. Great people and know the area. There are several outfitters in town who will help out as well. USFS has an office on the south edge of town and you can get some good info there. Most of the land above Grand Marais is USFS land so access normally isn't and issue, but USFS lands don't see plows on some of their roads. Depends on what species you want to target and one of the places will get you pointed in the right direction. Many little lakes in the area with either trout, walleye, smallmouth or pike. Devil track lake is approx. five miles up the Gunflint Trail and has decent walleye and smalley fishing. Smallmouth are catch and release only this time of year. Have a great trip. I won't be in the area.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.