New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: NY "Oneida Lake" Walleye closing party, March 15, 2008/cancelled  (Read 34388 times)

Offline snaggerr

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep the beer in the shanty
Re: NY "Oneida Lake" get together
« Reply #60 on: Dec 17, 2007, 12:57 PM »
Im in also.
[IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/snaggerr/IceShantyBanner-1.png[/imagine  Since there is six times as much water than land anyone can see that the good lord intended for man to fish six times more than he works.

Offline gettinjiggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Dec 17, 2007, 02:33 PM »
 You can also count me in and I will most likely bring a couple of guys  just come up with a date  cant wait to meet and fish with some new guys  . Also let me know if you need help with prizes  .. 

Offline brymanmav

• IceShanty Rookie
  • perch pickin good time
« Reply #62 on: Dec 18, 2007, 11:07 PM »
This thread will be updated at least every day 1 time, my message box will be emptied daily if anyone needs anything as well. Please post suggestions and or ideas to make this a great day.

Just wanted to see how many could make it to a Oneida lake get together + see how many are interested.
There are good benefits here, we have a bait shop, 3 diners, a good bar, pizza shop that delivers to access point, plenty of parking for the most part. Close lodging nearby if anyone wants to make a weekend of it. 'll get a pot of venison stew/bread to start a potluck lunch for everyone.

Also if you like we could have a contest for biggest perch or something, everybody donate a prize (up to $10 in value/no cash/ ex.- beer, pole, line, jigs, whatever). Winner takes all for biggest perch/walleye. If we get a load of folks like 10+ we can spread the goodies around. Maybe some goodies 4 the kids as suggested.

Also somebody made a suggestion that we pass the hat for the West Monroe fire department, they are the only department in our area with an airboat for ice rescue. They are the ones that got that guys body out of Sodus bay last year, I'm sure they would appreciate it. I am also sure anyone who has been "rescued" off Oneida in the last couple years can attest this is an invaluable service. I would prefer checks or money orders made out to The West Monroe fire Department over having a ton of cash on me, maybe we should appoint someone to take the donations from the mod team. Chennbasshead is planning to come, maybe we can put him to work on that for the day.

Interested so far:

cnypanfisher + 2
ron_theobald
flags a flyin
icehole12      + 2
usmc130fe  + timmy,dark cloud and rest of that gang
tracker1
zaphod 4
otis
ugp685 + 2 ?
iceking
scottcny
perchman19 +1
spikehorn11
pikehunter23
gambell
jighead
vivlamored
redneck3763
perch&pans
XXI outdoors
augustwest
elcapitanmas
ominousone
iceballs--- Long Island crew?? That would be gr8, if you guys want to fish day before or after i'm game
bigdaddy13063
mcully
crayfishbob- + I say let Eddie fish, get the wife to watch the store. After I get my minnows. :-)
csavage1
robb
upstateicemaster
johnny walleye
iceguy
tracker 1
chennbasshead
snowman3406
eddie rod
shuba
pwr bait
fishin first
rayfish
scout57
crappiekiller75
pond pro
synergyboy10
jhirsch
kingfisher1
wert
crappieslayer22
roverowner
snaggerr
bucketass
gettinjiggy

Thats like 50+ ( before guests) already after 7 days with this thread, even if only half show that would be a great showing.

Looking at the end of January, no firm plans till the ice is in really good shape for machines and whatnot. That way we can get people out to fish, and not go on sketchy or real slushy ice. I think it should be on a Saturday or Sunday, any suggestions would be great. Also if people are making a long haul and want to fish the day before and after, i'm sure people will be around to fish with.

Reading some post people are suggesting south shore and north shore (constantia) for the get together.

Here are my thoughts On Constantia.

Parking- The point of access is at the break wall by the library, there is enough room on this road to accommodate at least 25 vehicles. We also may be able to use the library lot as it is closed for the winter(maybe 10 vehicles w trailers). There is also parking across the road that can handle about 10 vehicles with trailers that is owned by Lance Vella and i'm sure we could park vehicles there. Also we could contact the Consatntia fire dept. as their back parking lot is usually plowed, or Vella's store is a possibility as well. Also at the Cove restaurant we could put about 8-10 vehicles as I can talk to Mike the owner there as well(maybe get breakfast there for your crew would be a ++). We could maybe arrange that people with quads or sleds use the parking lots not right by the lake, but easily within 400 yards from any of these spots(ie> the store, fire department lot, or across the street). We will have the normal 10-20 cars that are going to be guys that are just fishing as well, not part of the IS crew.

Also if you want to go from william's park + you have a vehicle, you could just meet on the ice or afterwards at the bar. But you would have to donate your prizes before you started fishing to get into the prize pool. Maybe catch me the day before or on the ice that day.

There are also 3 restaurants in the area for breakfast and lunch if anyone is interested. Then descend on the local bar, the place will be pre-warned to 100 guys showing up at least. This would be a great spot to do the collection for the West Monroe fire department as well as giving away the goodies for the biggest perch + walleye.

I will definitely need some help from some of you for coordination for this event, it looks like a great showing already. If everyone brings 1 or 2 with them it will be a huge shindig for sure. 

cnypanfisher

Im In count on it ..........I will be waiting for future posts

Offline fishfearme

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Dec 19, 2007, 12:13 AM »
count me in

Offline crayfishbob

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Dec 19, 2007, 07:40 AM »
I tried to create a poll on my personal website, but I found out that public polls are not configured into it.  I would like to see one here so we can settle a date and place, then we can get on with details... This get together can be a real good time for all if we can get it properly organised.

Retired , but still recovering ice fishing addict.

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Dec 19, 2007, 08:42 AM »
The date will be arranged according to ice conditions and around other things such as the snowmobile races. The date will be decided by myself and chennbasshead. As far as locations to fish, it really doesn't matter where you want to fish really, the lake is 30 miles long.

Constantia will be the starting and ending point. More details about a breakfast buffet, and meeting at a local establishment after the gathering. Obviously we are going to probably fish in groups, or nearby each other. Some people like Chapman's park, good parking and easy walking for the most part. Godfrey's and Cleveland docks are good for people with transportation(strong walkers). Constantia is good for both, and you could always fish the beach or any other access spot. Some may want to panfish or fish northerns, so there are other spots for that as well.

If you want to get into the prize pool, you must see me or someone else who is going to help organize the event before you start fishing on Saturday. Drop off spots and other organizers are being arranged and are forthcoming.

Also channel 68 is the UHF channel people use predominantly on Oneida, and I think channel 16 is monitored for emergencies as well.

If we can get at least 50 people or so I am sure the local restaurant I contacted would do a relatively cheap buffet for us, and they would also open early at 5AM for you early risers. The place can seat 75 at a time, and the meal would cost around 7 dollars a head or something along that line. It is also right on the lake, so maybe like 10-15 guys/vehicles could access the lake there as well.

A full list of parking areas will be worked out soon, and will be on my original post on page 1.

cnypanfisher

Offline Spikehorn11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Dec 19, 2007, 11:36 PM »
Sounds good buddy. ;)

Offline stoneyxc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Dec 20, 2007, 07:52 AM »
i am in with 1 other guy.

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
« Reply #68 on: Dec 20, 2007, 01:08 PM »
I may be in... depending on the date. I usually go out from Williams, I don't know how many people are planning on going out from there. There is a good amount of parking available if you get there before 9 am.
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:38 PM »
Talk tro me cnypanfisher.

I have been hunting or fishing almost everyday of my life. The rest have been wasted.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Dec 22, 2007, 02:08 AM »
Depending on the date as I'm a shift worker I'll be there plus 4.

Offline iceman1603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #71 on: Dec 22, 2007, 06:45 AM »
Just get me a date!!!  I have never fished forther north than jewel.  Always from Lewis point or edgewater.  Anyone go out from there?
Only the chosen few will walk on water.

Offline KingFisher1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Dec 27, 2007, 04:41 PM »
any news on date or location yet?

Offline boober

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Dec 27, 2007, 06:25 PM »
im'in :tipup:time and date

Offline fishit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Dec 27, 2007, 08:51 PM »
I'm in plus 2 more. we would run from the house on the N. Shore so we can meet any where on the lake. The W.more.FD donation idea is great. Let us know what you need from us. (IS guys)

Fish.it
.. Go away or I shall taunt you a second time...

Offline fireplug

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Dec 27, 2007, 08:59 PM »
I'd love to make a trip, as long as those of us who are 'un-motorized' (manual auger, no atv/snow machine) have a shot at good fishing. Never been there before, but sound like fun!
"Most men, regardless of cause or need, blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't."
John Wayne from "The Shootist"

Offline CNY JIGGA-MAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Dec 27, 2007, 09:16 PM »
count me in fellas  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline CNY Lee

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish Long and Fish Hard
« Reply #77 on: Dec 27, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Is there a date for this yet?

Lee

Offline gunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Dec 27, 2007, 10:30 PM »
just read the link--sounds like a blast!!! I'll really try to be there. Gunner

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Dec 28, 2007, 12:01 AM »
You know I'm in!!!!!

I have been hunting or fishing almost everyday of my life. The rest have been wasted.

Offline kys261

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Dec 28, 2007, 03:22 PM »
I would like to get in if you find a date.I would also be willing to help you out in anyway possible.I live in west monroe .If you want to you can email me @ [email protected].

Offline fishhead4268

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LOVE THEM SLABS!!!!!!!
« Reply #81 on: Dec 28, 2007, 04:51 PM »
My son and I are in for some fun and meeting some of you hard water nutz, I also can donate a brand new jigging rod custom made or jigs by subzerofishing.com if you would like!  Let me know via e-mail
I FISH, THEREFORE I AM, IN SEARCH OF THE HEDI MOGIN !!!!HAVE ROD WILL TRAVEL!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Fishhead4268/IceShanty_Banner21.png

Offline crappieslayer22

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • damn dinks
« Reply #82 on: Dec 28, 2007, 06:23 PM »
all i need is a date guys!!!
Loren W
ST.Croix
Iced Slabs
28 in walleye
15 in crappie
14 in perch
12 in golden shiner
25 in pickerel
11 1/4 in bluegill
6 1/2 pound largemouth
36 in lake trout

Offline Skunker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • All I want is fish with Teeth
« Reply #83 on: Dec 29, 2007, 04:08 PM »
In here no doubt about it.  Would love to try Onieda with some ice on it.  Will look forward to dates!!!!
100% Catch and release!!!!!!!!

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
« Reply #84 on: Dec 30, 2007, 11:05 AM »
I'd love to make a trip, as long as those of us who are 'un-motorized' (manual auger, no atv/snow machine) have a shot at good fishing. Never been there before, but sound like fun!
if you have an auger a pole and 2 legs i guess you may have a shot
atvs dont catch fish just arrive early  ;)
all in all i fish here and walk it most the time
catch a ride here and there this wouldnt be a problem on an outing like this as

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Dec 30, 2007, 12:27 PM »
i'm in i'llbe coming out from s.shore

Offline gonephishin19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I CAN CATCH FISH IN A MUD PUDDLE
« Reply #86 on: Dec 30, 2007, 06:53 PM »
This thread will be updated at least every day 1 time, my message box will be emptied daily if anyone needs anything as well. Please post suggestions and or ideas to make this a great day.

Just wanted to see how many could make it to a Oneida lake get together + see how many are interested.
There are good benefits here, we have a bait shop, 3 diners, a good bar, pizza shop that delivers to access point, plenty of parking for the most part. Close lodging nearby if anyone wants to make a weekend of it. 'll get a pot of venison stew/bread to start a potluck lunch for everyone.

Also if you like we could have a contest for biggest perch or something, everybody donate a prize (up to $10 in value/no cash/ ex.- beer, pole, line, jigs, whatever). Winner takes all for biggest perch/walleye. If we get a load of folks like 10+ we can spread the goodies around. Maybe some goodies 4 the kids as suggested.

Also somebody made a suggestion that we pass the hat for the West Monroe fire department, they are the only department in our area with an airboat for ice rescue. They are the ones that got that guys body out of Sodus bay last year, I'm sure they would appreciate it. I am also sure anyone who has been "rescued" off Oneida in the last couple years can attest this is an invaluable service. I would prefer checks or money orders made out to The West Monroe fire Department over having a ton of cash on me, maybe we should appoint someone to take the donations from the mod team. Chennbasshead is planning to come, maybe we can put him to work on that for the day.

Interested so far:

cnypanfisher + 2
ron_theobald
flags a flyin
icehole12      + 2
usmc130fe  + timmy,dark cloud and rest of that gang
tracker1
zaphod 4
otis
ugp685 + 2 ?
iceking
scottcny
perchman19 +1
spikehorn11
pikehunter23
gambell
jighead
vivlamored
redneck3763
perch&pans
XXI outdoors
augustwest
elcapitanmas
ominousone
iceballs--- Long Island crew?? That would be gr8, if you guys want to fish day before or after i'm game
bigdaddy13063
mcully
crayfishbob- + I say let Eddie fish, get the wife to watch the store. After I get my minnows. :-)
csavage1
robb
upstateicemaster
johnny walleye
iceguy
tracker 1
chennbasshead
snowman3406
eddie rod
shuba
pwr bait
fishin first
rayfish
scout57
crappiekiller75
pond pro
synergyboy10
jhirsch
kingfisher1
wert
crappieslayer22
roverowner
snaggerr
bucketass
gettinjiggy
brymanmau
fishfearme
stoneyxc
cnyfishing
percheyes42-0
jigger
iceman1603

Thats like 50+ ( before guests) already after 7 days with this thread, even if only half show that would be a great showing.

Looking at the end of January, no firm plans till the ice is in really good shape for machines and whatnot. That way we can get people out to fish, and not go on sketchy or real slushy ice. I think it should be on a Saturday or Sunday, any suggestions would be great. Also if people are making a long haul and want to fish the day before and after, i'm sure people will be around to fish with.

I will definitely need some help from some of you for coordination for this event, it looks like a great showing already. If everyone brings 1 or 2 with them it will be a huge shindig for sure. 

cnypanfisher

Im not sure if I was supposed to reply to this one... SORRY

Myself(Gonephishin19) and my dad (fish4walleye) will more than likely be attending once we get all the details.

Thanks.

Dustin

Offline snaggerr

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep the beer in the shanty
« Reply #87 on: Dec 30, 2007, 07:35 PM »
Hears one frm oneida this fall
[IMG]http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/snaggerr/IceShantyBanner-1.png[/imagine  Since there is six times as much water than land anyone can see that the good lord intended for man to fish six times more than he works.

Offline jerseyboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Dec 30, 2007, 09:05 PM »
I'm definately up for that.  I may live in Jersey/Pensy, but I used to live in Mallory.  I know my budy Shuba will be there, count me in.!!!!

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Jan 04, 2008, 02:12 AM »
is this still on and is there a date

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.