New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Bear Lake Ice Report  (Read 30305 times)

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
Re: Bear Lake Ice Report
« Reply #120 on: Mar 01, 2006, 11:19 AM »
good point gentlemen, hope no shanty boys were slobs, but high winds cause some havoc, if we get out then we also have to help. Always try to help by picking up, we don't need any more negative interactions between fishermen and homeowners.
Look at the problms on SILVER!!! enuff said!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #121 on: Mar 01, 2006, 12:04 PM »
No Doubt, P/U your crap or better yet don't throw it all over the place in the first place. Take a extra bag and put it in the bag or in your hut. Utes

Offline jdjyoung

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get the gaf, I'm catching this one!
« Reply #122 on: Mar 01, 2006, 08:00 PM »
Hunter08

All the diehards who bothered to fish over the weekend deserve a merit badge, or a trip to a psychiatrist.It has taken the wind out of my sails completely. Not everyone fishing did well. It depended where you were, and how much time you wanted to spend moving your baits, and paying attention to those slight motions of the bobber.

From what I have seen and been told, the area around the creek inlet has not been hot at all, with almost all fish reported off the old camp at the point!

I notice we talk on Ice Shanty about channel 7 radio use. On Bear Lake, I rarely call and get a response from anyone,so I assume no members are out.

I don't ever like to tell people what to do, but I hope we all police ourselves and pick up all our litter, junk, and in some cases over last weekend, shanty parts, or whole shanties.I belong to the Bear Lake Property Owners Association, and believe me, so far the locals have tolerated the on road parking and tresspass to the lake, but you never know what ticks them off, especially litter.  :tipup:

I am watching the weather for a more pleasant day, with winds under 30mph or so>>HA! 8)

Bear_Lake_Bob
B-L-Bob,
  Was out on the lake last night (tues.) hoping to meet you and some of those fish everyone has been speaking about. Guess what? I found neither. I was fishing off the camp point pretty close to where the ice is real thin (stick in the ice  ;)2) . There were a couple of guys from out of town(believed to be the ones that had their hut destroyed by wind) that had maybe a dozen on the ice when I got there. Looked like most of them were legal. I was in 20 FOW and didn"t mark a fish on the vex until sunset. They were there but wouldn"t offer at anything I was throwing at em. Does the wind ever quit blowing over there? Stayed til 8 pm. and left cold and dejected :( .
      Let me know if anybody is going out this weekend, I"d be interested in hooking up with the regulars like yourself for some fishing, food, and good times.  Sat or Sun , doesn"t matter, just looking for another shot at them crappies.

Please keep us posted on the "BEAR"

Appreciate it!

J. Young
" I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day at work anytime!"

Offline Bear_Lake_Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • What Do You Mean, The ice Is Too Thin!!!!!!!!!!! !!
« Reply #123 on: Mar 01, 2006, 08:24 PM »

Jay:

What were you drinking out there on Bear Lake. Where the stick marker is today(Wednesday ) we had 11 1/2 inches of ice.

Were you near the creek inlet ??????????????????/

Fish today were a bit wacky. They started up at 11:00AM and started to go downhill from there. Most closed shop at 5:00PM, as we did.

Today, the fish were right near the bottom for the most part, few caught in the normal suspended mode, of 4-5ft off. They wanted small minnows fished in a moving motion at all times, dedsticking wouldn't do it today. We also moved 3times, and found our way back to our 1st holes at the end.We spoke with others who also noticed the same.

We only caught 18 fish, most were short by a hair. I am sure that by next ice these shorts we have been catching will be of legal size for sure.

I do know now, that these fish like bright red color. I dropped my depth finder weight down to the bottom attached above my grub tipped jig to check depth, twice in a row, when it hit bottom, both times a fish grabbed it. In well over 50 plus years of ice fishing, that has never happened before, today it happened twice in less that 2 minutes!

More exploration is still needed around the ice on this lake, to find some more hot pockets of fish! ;D

You would have loved today, light wind, sunny and a tad cold. Just right!

Hopefully the weekend weather all won't be a total wash!

Bear_Lake_Bob :tipup:

OH !  OH NO!!!! Don't Put Me In That Hot Oil !

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #124 on: Mar 01, 2006, 08:44 PM »
What a great bunch of reports!! Bear lake bob and others ,,thank you. I've never fished this lake before but bigfish has told me good things about it and i'm thinking of trying it out this Sun.  . Bigfish told me where to park and about where to fish as he did well last weekend. Is anyone else going to be out this Sun. and if so will you be on channel 7? Also, Why isn't this thread with all the other reports and conditions on the reports and conditions forums? Are there walleye in this lake? Thanks ,Utes

Offline Bear_Lake_Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #125 on: Mar 01, 2006, 10:37 PM »
What a great bunch of reports!! Bear lake bob and others ,,thank you. I've never fished this lake before but bigfish has told me good things about it and i'm thinking of trying it out this Sun.  . Bigfish told me where to park and about where to fish as he did well last weekend. Is anyone else going to be out this Sun. and if so will you be on channel 7? Also, Why isn't this thread with all the other reports and conditions on the reports and conditions forums? Are there walleye in this lake? Thanks ,Utes

UTES:

I guess at one point, one of the moderators thought this topic didn't seserve being in the New York Fishing Report Threads where I posted it origionally, and then moved it to the general area, where it does receive less attention!

Just watched the weekend weather forecast, and they say the weather will be in the teens Sat/Sun, but they didn't project the winds.We measured the ice today and found it has even increased from a few days ago, and now is well over 10", approaching the foot mark. We fished a pond not too far from here yesterday, and it was only 2" or less. YUK.The lake is practically snow free, a few 1-2" drift marks here and there, so I guess you would call it patchy. Shore ice is fine, infact a four wheeler has been driving off the shore on to the ice every few days,no problem.Only bad point, is there is no bait shop around here, so you have to bring bait from elsewhere.The Bearlake Marina restaurant is open from 8 or 10:00 AM on Sat/Sun for food. There are also no gas stations, but the marina can help you at their prices if open.

Glad to help the guys,they have helped me at other lakes, and I appreciate that! ;D

Offline IceTrekker17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'll Treck for Miles For Slab Perch...
« Reply #126 on: Mar 02, 2006, 09:55 AM »
I'm headin' out saturday w/ pops most likely...I dont think he'll want to drive all the way to cuba considering the fishing there is so hot and cold after he's been in Loisville the past 3 or 4 weekends.  We'll most likely pack up friday night and saturday morning, and get out there b/w 11 and 1ish. 

Bob, what do you think about depth?  The first time I caught them there this year i was in 23-24fow and they were 6ft off bottom.  As the winter has drawn on, historically, according to some journals we used to keep, the crappie have gone shallower.  What do you think?  It would make sense why we fared so poorly last weekend in that depth.  As of now I'm thinking anywhere from 12-20fow is fair game, and if the weather is cooperating, we can drill some holes and take a reading at each depth.  Last weekend we marked a few fish right away about 6ft off, but it fizzled out.  The first week I was there this year, I marked fish all over the water column before setting up.  I'm thinking of the same thing this weekend.

It's nice to see some life on Bear Lake again!  With the abundance of 8'' this year, next year is looking good!  And theres always some beauties pulled up through the ice, even in the worst of years.  So we'll see how it goes!

Offline Bear_Lake_Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #127 on: Mar 02, 2006, 12:04 PM »

Jon:

Someone moved the tree branch marker away from where we fished originally. Yesterday we started where the branch is now, and found 22ft of water. Fish were hitting there early 11-3, then stopped. Those fish were all related to the bottom, not suspended. We moved out to 24fow and found them suspended 4-16ft up off bottom,according to the flasher.The day last weekend when you and your Dad were out, in the storm, we caught lots of fish, your hut was set up way out of the area producing fish. It looks like the fish are moving across the 22-24ft strata, and they are also moving across the camp point to the right some more.. Some guys yesterday caught a few in closer ( 22 fow and less), but not 12ft or even 15ft of water.

The ice is approaching 12", and it is good stuff off the camp.From what the weather report states, Sunday looks a lot better than Saturday, but who knows, We picked up 4 inches of snow/ice crystals today, and it won't hurt the Bear Lake ice any at this point. Soomeone posted earlier that they fished off the camp in only inches of water. I bet money they fished the mouth of Muskie Point where the creek empties in! ???
See what happens next few day, and if you get stuck for bait, I have tons on hand here!

Bear_Lake_Bob

Offline jdjyoung

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #128 on: Mar 02, 2006, 05:49 PM »
Jay:

What were you drinking out there on Bear Lake. Where the stick marker is today(Wednesday ) we had 11 1/2 inches of ice.

Were you near the creek inlet ??????????????????/

Fish today were a bit wacky. They started up at 11:00AM and started to go downhill from there. Most closed shop at 5:00PM, as we did.

Today, the fish were right near the bottom for the most part, few caught in the normal suspended mode, of 4-5ft off. They wanted small minnows fished in a moving motion at all times, dedsticking wouldn't do it today. We also moved 3times, and found our way back to our 1st holes at the end.We spoke with others who also noticed the same.

We only caught 18 fish, most were short by a hair. I am sure that by next ice these shorts we have been catching will be of legal size for sure.

I do know now, that these fish like bright red color. I dropped my depth finder weight down to the bottom attached above my grub tipped jig to check depth, twice in a row, when it hit bottom, both times a fish grabbed it. In well over 50 plus years of ice fishing, that has never happened before, today it happened twice in less that 2 minutes!

More exploration is still needed around the ice on this lake, to find some more hot pockets of fish! ;D

You would have loved today, light wind, sunny and a tad cold. Just right!

Hopefully the weekend weather all won't be a total wash!

B-L-Bob,

Not to long ago, someone quoted jokingly that the ice was thin by the stick off camp point so as to not have anyone fish there. The ice was very good Mon. PM. I did have a couple of beers while out there but not nearly enough to affect my judgment. ;D Next time out, sometime Sunday hopefully, I"ll be sure to try something in the bright red category. Give me a post as to when you"ll be on the ice this weekend. Took my radio with me last time (channel 7) but nobody was around. Still looking foward to meeting yourself and other IS. members if out there.
  Found it hard to believe it was really nice out on the lake today. Was working in Lakewood today and it was rather nasty out all day. Hopefully this weekend will be decent. Keep me posted .  later,

J as in Jeff

Offline emptyhanded

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • thump - fish onnnnnn
« Reply #129 on: Mar 02, 2006, 06:38 PM »
utes,

There are walleyes, but Bob will tell ya I have them all penned up for spring. LOL -- I am strictly a walleye guy and have not really caught enough threw the ice to say, its the best. You will get them by accident fishing the creek mouth and close to the road while crappie fishing. Utes the bite on chatugua for the eye's is hot and will get only better as they move into the bays by dewitville creek and other creeks to spawn, but we only have to march 15th

GOOD LUCK -- BOB WHAT DID YA THINK OF THAT MUSKY.

Does not play well with others

As uncle ted says - u have to kill it to grill it" its our right to bear arms and chase large women

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #130 on: Mar 03, 2006, 10:51 AM »
  Not to long ago, someone quoted jokingly that the ice was thin by the stick off camp point so as to not have anyone fish there. The ice was very good Mon. PM. I did have a couple of beers while out there but not nearly enough to affect my judgment.            J as in Jeff
[/quote]
J I saw that and the symbols should have indiacted they were BSing, don't take it to heart, but I don't think they were giving a false report rather than making a judgement call on the fishing ;)
How to see ya sunday will bring the radio on 7.OUT
Anyone who sees the black frabill two man feel free to come by and talk shop!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #131 on: Mar 03, 2006, 04:12 PM »
My bad i was just joking around the ice near the stick is in great shape sorry for any confusion I may have caused  :-[

Offline Bear_Lake_Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #132 on: Mar 03, 2006, 06:35 PM »
Marcu:

I could see that one comming all the way, and knew for sure someone would buy into it.

Hey, I just opened  my pond ice up and  dipped out a ton of fresh minnows. They are in the tub which is in the pond, with the spring running into it.Feel free to come get some any time, take all you need.They have been eating me out of house and home. I grind up trout chow pellets and they love it. Last ones I put into the tub were in early December, and they are still alive less those we have used! :D

Are you going to make it to Bear Sunday??, sounds like the best one this weekend!

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #133 on: Mar 03, 2006, 07:35 PM »
the wife lost a very large northern jigging last weekend (my fault :() at Quaker so I think that is where her heart is.   I will try and get her out on bear lake (now that the ice is thick she is as obsessed with the sport as I am) The only problem is she wants a pike now and I dont know where to find them there. I like a challenge when I am fishing but Bear lake can be downright baffling at times. If I were to come out it would be later in the day maybe not as late as usual but after noon for sure.

Offline jdjyoung

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #134 on: Mar 03, 2006, 08:09 PM »
My bad i was just joking around the ice near the stick is in great shape sorry for any confusion I may have caused  :-[
Marcus,
No confusion here, I knew you were BSing about the ice. When I posted saying I was out by the " thin ice" I figured everyone that reads this site would know I was out by the stick marker. Hit Chaut. lake tonight for eyes. Maple Spring area, 30 FOW. Eyes turned on around 4:45 and hit til just after dark. Caught 5, Mostly shorts, 16 inch range, 2 keepers both around 21" Definately worth the cold and wind. Thinking about returning in AM for another round. If interested in giving it a chance this weekend, give me a reply.

J. Young

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #135 on: Mar 03, 2006, 08:56 PM »
Marcus,
No confusion here, I knew you were BSing about the ice. When I posted saying I was out by the " thin ice" I figured everyone that reads this site would know I was out by the stick marker. Hit Chaut. lake tonight for eyes. Maple Spring area, 30 FOW. Eyes turned on around 4:45 and hit til just after dark. Caught 5, Mostly shorts, 16 inch range, 2 keepers both around 21" Definately worth the cold and wind. Thinking about returning in AM for another round. If interested in giving it a chance this weekend, give me a reply.

J. Young
Were you the guys on the buckets left of the creek?Were you using a flasher?
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #136 on: Mar 03, 2006, 08:58 PM »
the wife lost a very large northern jigging last weekend (my fault :() at Quaker so I think that is where her heart is.   I will try and get her out on bear lake (now that the ice is thick she is as obsessed with the sport as I am) The only problem is she wants a pike now and I dont know where to find them there. I like a challenge when I am fishing but Bear lake can be downright baffling at times. If I were to come out it would be later in the day maybe not as late as usual but after noon for sure.
Marcus would you mind if i tried your spot over there on cassadaga? Do you park buy the house thats for sale? Thanks

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #137 on: Mar 03, 2006, 09:22 PM »
I park off the pavement across the street from that house and maybe 2 houses back towards 60 the big nice house you can see my path

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #138 on: Mar 03, 2006, 09:28 PM »
I park off the pavement across the street from that house and maybe 2 houses back towards 60 the big nice house you can see my path
Thanks i'm sure we will see each other out there some time,I fish out of a fish trap guide with a happy hooker sign on the back.

Offline 24gord

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #139 on: Mar 04, 2006, 08:06 AM »
Marcus,

J. Young
was wondering what you were using to catch the eyes? was thinking of going there either tonite or sun evening.
ice fishing rules!!!!!!!

Offline jdjyoung

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #140 on: Mar 04, 2006, 11:29 AM »
Were you the guys on the buckets left of the creek?Were you using a flasher?
Yo Hunters08,
  No, I was the only one in a shanty up towards the creek. There were four guys on buckets below me towards Long Pt. Don"t know how they did. Yes I was using a flasher, Vex. fl-18, I don"t leave home without mine! Went back this AM. Marked first fish at 6:30, had first keeper of the day at 6:32 ;D, . Landed five more before 8:00, two keepers, the rest in the 15" to 16" range. Largest was 22" female. Going back Sun pm. If your out there, stop by and say hello, Radio channel 7, should have it with me.

good luck,
                                              J. Young

Offline jdjyoung

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #141 on: Mar 04, 2006, 11:36 AM »
was wondering what you were using to catch the eyes? was thinking of going there either tonite or sun evening.
24gord
  Check chautauqua/chautauqua in New York reports, gave you all I got over there. Heading out Sun PM. stop by and say hi if your out on the ice. Grey 2 man, shapperal. If you go out tonight, let me know how you did, I"ve got company coming over for margerita"s so won"t be there :thumbsup:

Later,
                                                J. Young

Offline IceTrekker17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'll Treck for Miles For Slab Perch...
« Reply #142 on: Mar 04, 2006, 04:38 PM »
Bob - 

We went out today instead; i have lots of work to do up at UB this sunday so i wont be able to make it.  We went for the sure fish fry at the SBH and got into 25+ perch, anywheres from 6-10''.  I'll be at bear, SBH and anywhere in between over spring break next week.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #143 on: Mar 04, 2006, 05:37 PM »
Yo Hunters08,
  No, I was the only one in a shanty up towards the creek. There were four guys on buckets below me towards Long Pt. Don"t know how they did. Yes I was using a flasher, Vex. fl-18, I don"t leave home without mine! Went back this AM. Marked first fish at 6:30, had first keeper of the day at 6:32 ;D, . Landed five more before 8:00, two keepers, the rest in the 15" to 16" range. Largest was 22" female. Going back Sun pm. If your out there, stop by and say hello, Radio channel 7, should have it with me.

good luck,
                                              J. Young
If silver lake doesnt sound good by 10 pm tonight on the south end then i will be in maple springs for sure. I will bring my radio. Just dieing to get back to the south end of silver!!!!!

Offline jdjyoung

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #144 on: Mar 05, 2006, 08:44 PM »
If silver lake doesnt sound good by 10 pm tonight on the south end then i will be in maple springs for sure. I will bring my radio. Just dieing to get back to the south end of silver!!!!!
Yo Hunters08,
  Took your old clam out tonight. Definately more comfortable than the one I have been using. By the way, what"s the nasty smell inside from ??? Took er home, gave it a real good cleaning, fixed all the trim on the bottom and headed to maple springs. Fishing was terrible tonight. Marked a few, caught a few small ones, not worthy of the old bucket,and headed out around 8:00. Met 24gord, doctorari and a couple other guys from the sight. Had a nice chat with the doc on shore, seams like the man really knows the lake really well. Probably heading back out in AM. PLanning on taking my early birthday present with me.    Thanks again, Your relatives seem like nice folk.
                                              Later,
                                              J. Young

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #145 on: Mar 06, 2006, 07:59 AM »
Bear lake was nice yeasterday, great ice, marked plenty of fish coming thru in waves and caught some dinks and one keeper. ice was 9 inches in the thinnest spot, mostly around 10-12. Fished the camp and had one flag go probaly a bass, just sat under the hole and took no line nor any teeth marks in the bait.
Plenty of shanty guys out there and some lurkers who knew the info but did not have any names. Orange and green were good colors and red and white. Had most fish on spikes!
Also the fish came to the lure and you could work them up the column, they were reluctant to take the bait.
Some guys were near the creek and it should be getting time for that!
Good luck to all and nice meeting all of ya!

Jean Cocteau

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #146 on: Mar 06, 2006, 11:26 AM »
Good report Buckski!! Bear lake Bob it was nice meeting you. Like Buckski said the ice was 10-12 inches . There is 4-5 inches of snow which made the drag out to the scout camp a biotch. The drag back in was a little better as the trail was getting packed down by then ;D. Having the vex. was a must today as it was hard to get the little buggers to take the bait. Having the vex. gave you that edge that is huge. Knowing that they are there and interested helps keep me awake on a slow day anyway(lol). I ended up with 9 keepers. Seven of my own and one nice 11+ incher that Bob gave me and one from Buckski .Fish4fun and yellow pike ended the day with 8 keepers between the two of them. guess what. I got to clean 17 crappies last night ;D. Thanks guys!! We fished in 19-22 fow and you had to tease 'em off the bottom or leave it at 3-5 ft. off bottom and jig like hell. I had best luck with orange, reg and yellow marmuska's tipped with a minnow.Waxies and spikes did'nt seem to work for me today. Believe me i tried at least 15 different jigs throught the day and ended up just using the marmuska's. Fished from 6:30am-about 6 pm. Long day, nice day w/ a little wind later in the day and sunny. You should see my sun burned face today(lol). Anyway, it was nice getting together as there were alot of ice shanty guys out there. See you guys at Cuba next Sat. Stay On Top, Utes 

Offline jdjyoung

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #147 on: Mar 06, 2006, 12:39 PM »
Good report Buckski!! Bear lake Bob it was nice meeting you. Like Buckski said the ice was 10-12 inches . There is 4-5 inches of snow which made the drag out to the scout camp a biotch. The drag back in was a little better as the trail was getting packed down by then ;D. Having the vex. was a must today as it was hard to get the little buggers to take the bait. Having the vex. gave you that edge that is huge. Knowing that they are there and interested helps keep me awake on a slow day anyway(lol). I ended up with 9 keepers. Seven of my own and one nice 11+ incher that Bob gave me and one from Buckski .Fish4fun and yellow pike ended the day with 8 keepers between the two of them. guess what. I got to clean 17 crappies last night ;D. Thanks guys!! We fished in 19-22 fow and you had to tease 'em off the bottom or leave it at 3-5 ft. off bottom and jig like hell. I had best luck with orange, reg and yellow marmuska's tipped with a minnow.Waxies and spikes did'nt seem to work for me today. Believe me i tried at least 15 different jigs throught the day and ended up just using the marmuska's. Fished from 6:30am-about 6 pm. Long day, nice day w/ a little wind later in the day and sunny. You should see my sun burned face today(lol). Anyway, it was nice getting together as there were alot of ice shanty guys out there. See you guys at Cuba next Sat. Stay On Top, Utes 

Nice report guys, it"s good to hear that someone did better than I did the last time I was over there. Got skunked >:(  As soon as the walleye season"s over I"ll be heading that way to give er another shot. Maybe I"ll meet some of you guys then :thumbsup:In the meantime, good luck and keep them reports coming.

Thanks,
                                               J. Young

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #148 on: Mar 07, 2006, 12:43 PM »
Yo Hunters08,
  Took your old clam out tonight. Definately more comfortable than the one I have been using. By the way, what"s the nasty smell inside from ??? Took er home, gave it a real good cleaning, fixed all the trim on the bottom and headed to maple springs. Fishing was terrible tonight. Marked a few, caught a few small ones, not worthy of the old bucket,and headed out around 8:00. Met 24gord, doctorari and a couple other guys from the sight. Had a nice chat with the doc on shore, seams like the man really knows the lake really well. Probably heading back out in AM. PLanning on taking my early birthday present with me.    Thanks again, Your relatives seem like nice folk.
                                              Later,
                                              J. Young
THE damn mice had a giant nest in there when i took it out for the first time this year. thats how that little hole got in it!!! Got a 7 pounder at maple springs that night and 2 shorts biggest i have ever got threw the ice!!!!

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The greatest international fisherman.
« Reply #149 on: Mar 07, 2006, 01:59 PM »
Hunters - were you the one calling for a gaf and wearing the white snow bibs?
We were out Saturday as well - right next to you in the huts.
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2022 - Featured in Jan In-Fisherman Magazine
2019- MVP of Flag Football over 65 league
1992 - 2022 Voted the best Ice Angler in Upstate
2020 - NY Times Best Seller for Propane Crockpot Book
2017 - Iceshanty.com Hall of Fame Inductee
2016 - Voted Best Grandpa in Upstate NY again.
2018 - Donated 1MM to Help Rebuild Afrikan Nation
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.
2022 - Micro-dehydrating propane cookbook debut on Amazon

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.