New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ice party gathering!... (POSTPONED TIL FEB. 18TH)  (Read 34968 times)

hali-man

Re: ice party gathering!
« Reply #60 on: Dec 06, 2005, 06:59 PM »

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #61 on: Dec 07, 2005, 12:20 AM »
CAN OF WORMS
RUEBENPA,
Welcome aboard guys! I got your names listed, hope to see you there!
Rueben, as i told others and its printed on the web page as well... Donations are greatly appreciated (every little bit we can acquire makes the party that much better), but by no means do you have to bring anything! Just come and join us for the day and enjoy yourself!
Can of Worms, i have you down for pulled pork and rolls if you are able to make it! thank you!

Well guys... it sure looks to me as though we wont be starving at the gathering! As always, us fisherman know how to enjoy the good food at parties! I may have a big box of Christmas cookies to share too, as both of my grandmothers always make WAYYYYYY too many! No worries, I'm sure we will make them disappear!

I am however still looking for help on some other things... I need to lock in with some members to assure that we have these things available!
I'm still searching for someone with a grill... in the years past, someone has always come through with a home-made larger style grill that is capable of cooking all the food at once! If this is possible from anyone, please let me know A.S.A.P. so that we are assured we have use of it for the day! If need be, i can bring the coal and fluid!! If we can not find the larger grill, i hope to be able to find a couple members that can supply a family size grill for the day. (2 should be enough to cook all meat at a rotating rate)
I am also looking for prize donations still... like i mentioned in a previous post, NOTHING EXPENSIVE AND MAYBE SOMETHING YOU ALREADY HAVE AT HOME... BUT RELATED TO ICE FISHING IN SOME WAY! In the years past parties... we have had a derby during the party! Alot of the people in attendance would bring prizes donations such as... to name a few ideas... a couple guys made home-made jigs, so they put a little gift box of sorts together. We had tip-ups, we had hole covers, we had t-shirts, we had glo-jig tazers and on and on... we even had one member donate individual trophies!
We have always had enough prizes in the past, that with what was left over, we were also able to have a raffle at the end of the day to finish off the left over prizes! Use you imaginations. I hit EBAY and found a bunch of reasonable jigs and other things in bulk that i can use to make the prize bags for kids if we have the clinic... and also a friend of mine and I are going to donate a larger prize as well... we are still discussing what it should be!

The only other thing that i would like to ask is if any of you that have wheelers or sleds, and will be bringing them if ice conditions support it... could some of you get to gether to help bring the bigger party items on and off of the ice! Very very much appreciated if you are able to help out in this department!

Just to give you guys a estimated head count... so far we are at about 40 attendee's!
keep it up, we are doing great!  :thumbsup:

Offline can_of_worms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #62 on: Dec 07, 2005, 04:54 AM »
Oak, I may be wrong as I don't fish the North end too often, but isn't there a restriction on 4 wheelers at the park? ( Vitale) I could be wrong and maybe you guy's aren't even going on from there, I didn't read back too far in the posts.

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #63 on: Dec 07, 2005, 08:28 AM »
if quads are ok. im bringing mine. i hate pulling my gear through snow. besides the last time i had it out on the ice was at simcoe 2yrs ago.

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #64 on: Dec 07, 2005, 09:12 AM »
Oak, I may be wrong as I don't fish the North end too often, but isn't there a restriction on 4 wheelers at the park? ( Vitale) I could be wrong and maybe you guy's aren't even going on from there, I didn't read back too far in the posts.
Unless they have changed it, which in that case i will have to call and find out... in the years past we have always had wheelers out there!
Everyone was respectable to follow certain paths and to not tear up any grass!
They do change laws quite regularly it seems though, so i will make a phone call today!

BUTTERWORM,
Thanks bud... good to know they will be there if needed!

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #65 on: Dec 07, 2005, 09:21 AM »
if there aloud and u need a tow oak. that will not be a problem. although the tow fee is always up for discusion ;)

Offline d_balm24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Dec 07, 2005, 09:40 AM »
if quads are ok. im bringing mine. i hate pulling my gear through snow. besides the last time i had it out on the ice was at simcoe 2yrs ago.
Isn't that the reason you always pick me up, so I can drag your stuff out there for ya.lol ;D

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #67 on: Dec 07, 2005, 09:49 AM »
hey derek. whats up. now that u mention it ,yeah that is the main reason ;D

Offline susquayugafisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Dec 07, 2005, 10:31 AM »
How  "kid-friendly" is this meeting ?  I wanna bring my 12 yr old daughter, but if I do, I'll have to behave myself, unless theres a bunch of other kids there to hang out with.  She will likely get bored if theres not lots of kids to play with. If I'm driving for 2 hours, I'm certainly not gonna leave at the first "Daddy, I'm bored"!.... but, since my life DOES revolve around my children..... I gotta get a buddy heater for my shanty, so being cold won't end the day for us. Sounds like a good time- I'll see if I can get abunch of guys from ny-outdoors.com to come with us.  I'll bring some of my Gourmet Deli Beans that I make for P&C delis, and a pan or something to serve them hot. Warning: Anyone who eats them will not be allowed in my shanty until an hour or two has passed!!! ;D ::)
 If you ever shop at P&C, go to their deli and ask for a sample of the baked beans, and thats what I'm bringing to the event.
Enjoy......

Andy
www.ny-outdoors.com  (not my site, but a good one)

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #69 on: Dec 07, 2005, 11:38 AM »
Oak,

I will stop at Gander and pick up a polar tip up or two to donate.  I was wondering if you wanted to do a raffle also. We could raffle off some of the donated prizes.  If you are interested in a raffle let me know.  I will stop and get the raffle tickets.  We could give each member of the gathering a raffle ticket when they arrive.  I will be showing up early the morning of the gathering.  I will be happy to help get stuff out on the ice and stay to the end to help get stuff off the ice.  Let me know.

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #70 on: Dec 07, 2005, 12:42 PM »
How  "kid-friendly" is this meeting ?  I wanna bring my 12 yr old daughter, but if I do, I'll have to behave myself, unless theres a bunch of other kids there to hang out with.  She will likely get bored if theres not lots of kids to play with. If I'm driving for 2 hours, I'm certainly not gonna leave at the first "Daddy, I'm bored"!.... but, since my life DOES revolve around my children..... I gotta get a buddy heater for my shanty, so being cold won't end the day for us. Sounds like a good time- I'll see if I can get abunch of guys from ny-outdoors.com to come with us.  I'll bring some of my Gourmet Deli Beans that I make for P&C delis, and a pan or something to serve them hot. Warning: Anyone who eats them will not be allowed in my shanty until an hour or two has passed!!! ;D ::)
 If you ever shop at P&C, go to their deli and ask for a sample of the baked beans, and thats what I'm bringing to the event.
Enjoy......

Andy
www.ny-outdoors.com  (not my site, but a good one)
Hey Andy,
Yes, by all means i want to make it a kid friendly event! if you read back the the beginning of this thread... i am trying to get an hour to an hour and a half of the day set aside for a "kids clinic" as well! I would like to get a few of our members together that have the ability to teach something useful to the kids and keep their attention for an interest in the sport! So far i have 2 offers from members to teach a little bit of something, but have not heard and responses yet on kids until your post!
i would suggest keeping an eye on this thread to see how it goes!  Also... baked beans are a welcome addition to the food spread! thanks for the offer! (beans, beans, the magical fruit...lol  :D)

Oak,

I will stop at Gander and pick up a polar tip up or two to donate.  I was wondering if you wanted to do a raffle also. We could raffle off some of the donated prizes.  If you are interested in a raffle let me know.  I will stop and get the raffle tickets.  We could give each member of the gathering a raffle ticket when they arrive.  I will be showing up early the morning of the gathering.  I will be happy to help get stuff out on the ice and stay to the end to help get stuff off the ice.  Let me know.
Gambell,
thanks for the prize donation, i have marked it in the book and it is very much appreciated!!!
As for the raffle, I usually base it on how many prizes are available for the day. There are 7 catagories of fish, so if there are only 7 prizes then we have the derby part covered. Then, if there are left over prizes i always raffle them off after the final announcements for the derby winners!   I am also going to try and have 2 50/50's during the day as well!

As for you being there to help before/after.... thank you so much. it will definitely be needed!

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Dec 07, 2005, 05:22 PM »
Oak,Things are looking good on what we talked about.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline Capt..Hook_em

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • CHEERS MATES
« Reply #72 on: Dec 07, 2005, 09:38 PM »
The ICE PIRATES are in for this years festivities you can bank on that..Talked to the boys and we will be supplying the trophies once again also going to have pulled venison bbq  at the pirate shanty Just look for the skull and crossbones flag.. Good going Oak on organizing the bash once again.. A heads up for you fellow wheeler runners Vitale park does not allow them anymore ..They even had volunteer watch dogs at the avon angler derby last year and signs are posted everywhere.. Im sure If theres enough ice WE will get on somewhere always do and could help towing some stuff out Heres some toothy critters from last year at conesus To get the blood pumpin aaaaRRRR    
ICE PIRATE

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #73 on: Dec 07, 2005, 11:19 PM »
POLAR,
Glad to hear it, that was a great idea! Somehow i feel I'm gonna owe someone a dinner for that big favor!  ;)2
I'll give ya a buzz soon to see how its going?
______________________ ______________________ ______________________ ______________________ ______

CAPT..HOOK_EM,
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO OOOO... The ICE PIRATES  are in!!!
I was just about to do a nationwide search for you guys...lol  started to think ya fell in or something!  :whistle:
As always, glad to have you guys aboard for the party.... and the TROPHIES, you guys are so awesome for supplying these!
For those that haven't been to a party yet... the ICE PIRATES  have, and are now again supplying us with trophies. One individual trophy for each category of fish in the derby! They are very nice pieces to glance at on your mantle or in a fishing memorabilia display that you may have! I have a nice 5"x7" picture of the pike (the one i posted farther back in this thread) and i have it in a cabinet next to the trophy amongst other fishing memories! Its a nice little incentive for trying to get some decent fish out there... as you can see from a couple of the pirates pics, there are some beauties in that lake!
Thanks ever so much for coming through with the trophies again guys! very much appreciated and something for all to look forward to winning!  :clap:  :thumbsup:
I will be looking forward to tasting some pulled venison BBQ as well...
Hang the SKULL and CROSSBONES high and mighty guys!  ;)2

Offline can_of_worms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #74 on: Dec 08, 2005, 06:43 AM »
I thought that I saw some signs last time I was there not allowing wheelers. The only place I can think of is where all the snowmobile clubs get on the ice. It is on the West side just past the state car top launch. It is the pump station, light blue fenced in buildeing. Lots of people ( sleds ) go on there. The building will be on your right and a house ( summer ) on your left. It is maybe 400 yrds or so from the point at Vitale park. There isn't any parking over there but at least there is access. Bring two guys and dump the machine and a guy and have the other park just down the road in the state launch, or go back to Vitale and have a pick up point at the waters edge of the park. Hope this will help.

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #75 on: Dec 08, 2005, 07:25 AM »
i didn't think they were aloud. the handfull of times i was there i never seen one on  the ice. oh well i guess i'll be dragging as normal. still looking forward to a good time since it will be my 1st time meeting alot of u in person. :)

Offline Bobman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Free Speech Advocate #000020
« Reply #76 on: Dec 08, 2005, 08:39 AM »
i didn't think they were aloud. the handfull of times i was there i never seen one on  the ice. oh well i guess i'll be dragging as normal. still looking forward to a good time since it will be my 1st time meeting alot of u in person. :)

B, I guess you will have to bring d-balm with you then  ;D!
There's a hole in my ice!

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #77 on: Dec 08, 2005, 08:51 AM »
him or my brother in-law. thats the price for sitting in my hut and keeping warm. ;)2 the only good thing is that it is easy to pull even when full with all the gear due to the bottom being like a sled.  man i love my trap guide.

Offline can_of_worms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #78 on: Dec 08, 2005, 08:53 AM »
I am sorry after reading my post, I see that it is some what misleading. If you are standing facing the lake the pump station is on your right and the house is on your left. Stay over by the fence and head towards the water, as you get to the end of the fence bear to the right a bit and get on by some big trees, they will be on your left hand side as you get on the ice. When I fish there and there is good ice I see lots of sleds come and go there, so I believe it is excepted as a access point.

hali-man

« Reply #79 on: Dec 08, 2005, 08:58 AM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO... The ICE PIRATES are in!!!

Definitely cool! I met those guys on Conesus once...
Now we just have to make sure they don't win their own trophies!  ;)

This is coming together nicely, Oak. I can't wait...

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #80 on: Dec 08, 2005, 09:03 AM »
have not met them personnaly but am looking forward to it. used the captains idea for tip ups using old arrow shafts and they work great. my son loves them and thinks they are the coolest. thats all he uses when he goes with me :)

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #81 on: Dec 08, 2005, 09:29 AM »
Oak,

I received my extra set of Ice Rods from Jammin' Jig's and need to know where to send them for donation.  You can use them for door prizes or for the kids clinic.  Only reason I want to send them is because with my schedule flying, things change at the drop of a hat and I want them there. PM me if you want.  Also working on getting some other donations for you/this.

Steve
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #82 on: Dec 08, 2005, 04:06 PM »
Although I never made it to the ice at Conesus last year, the year before they started to ban ATV's out of Vitale Park.  Previous to that, they were allowed, but now, I would guess NOT unless things changed last year (or this year).
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #83 on: Dec 08, 2005, 04:12 PM »
A few shots of the get together a few years ago:

This is what we're talking about!

Oak with a decent crappie!

Myself with the winning pike that year!

"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #84 on: Dec 08, 2005, 05:26 PM »
Keep it going guys! this is going well!
all the plans are coming together nicely!
all the good food and now we have trophies and the prizes are starting to build as well!
we just need to find that elusive grill and a few other smaller things and keep the prize donations rolling!
a friend of mine that is coming to the derby with me this year (he is a newbie to the sport) went to the local tackle shop today and ordered our prize donation! we weren't going to tell you what it was until the party, but i just cant hold out on ya'll like that...lol
OK, maybe i will hold out until tonight... I'm usually on around 11:30 doing last minute postings!
i don't think i want to have it as a general prize though... so what I'm going to do is this!
i am going to designate our prize donation as a special prize connected to a particular fish caught.. like say the largest crappie! (if you look at the pic above, that was the largest crappie that year i believe. cant remember how long or weight though!)
thanks for the pics, if there are more please post them, they are fun to look at!
thanks for all the good words you guys have said about me doing the parties... i really enjoy doing it. its nice to bring everyone together and have a good time!
i would also like to add again that if it wasn't for Scott (iceshanty.com) none of this would be possible! he has given us all a way to connect with each other and pretty much connecting with the world of fishing! please take the time to visit the isn't.com shop http://www.iceshanty.com/iceshanty/iceshanty_store/ and show your support, as all this is done from his time and pocket!
thanks friends!
oak

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #85 on: Dec 08, 2005, 11:50 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know...
our donation is going to be a brand new JET SLED! (LARGE SIZE)
Hope this appeals to everyone!
We were in the tackle shop today and decided on that because we saw a stack of them and figured everyone like them and need a way to carry their gear!
Good luck to the winner!

Offline devo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Dec 09, 2005, 06:26 AM »
Just a quick note about the kids....Conesus is THE place for them.All the bluegills they can handle,a short walk,heated restrooms ,etc.etc.etc........they'll have fun.See ya out there.....DeV-O.
-Voted most likely to get hurt 2010
-Secret Agent Man
-2013 Icemasters "Ironman" Angler of the year
-NY State Record Drum boat Captain, 2014-2016
-"Worst crew in all of drag racing” 2003

Offline iceguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • nothin like hard h2o
« Reply #87 on: Dec 09, 2005, 07:53 AM »
Oak, If snowmobiles are allowed (but Quads are not?? beyond me!!)  I'll bring mine to help haul things out!!

Pirates, like I said I've a couple of trophies to donate, 1 is a pike, the other general fish, you would probably want a different "plate"l
guy

hali-man

« Reply #88 on: Dec 09, 2005, 08:16 AM »
Here's the only pic I have. Onyunn must have taken it 'cause that's me in the middle.
It's from 1/24/04. Someone brought a big-a$$ grill that year!

Just a quick note about the kids....Conesus is THE place for them.All the bluegills they can handle,a short walk,heated restrooms ,etc.etc.etc........they'll have fun.

It's also a great place for wives/girlfriends (if you want to bring them ;))!

Offline can_of_worms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #89 on: Dec 09, 2005, 08:43 AM »
I think that quads are only prohibited from the park itself not from the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.