New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ice party gathering!... (POSTPONED TIL FEB. 18TH)  (Read 34970 times)

oakorchardfishking

Re: ice party gathering!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2005, 08:12 AM »
Oak,  anytime you want to publish the URL, feel free. 

ok, the boss says post it... so here it is!
thank you to WNYBASSMAN for creating the site for us!
things will be added to it as the time rolls on and we come up with info of importance!

http://www.wnybass.com/icemeet2006/

take note of the picture... for those of you that were there in the past, the picture is of the "keg hut"....lol

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 03, 2005, 08:41 AM »
     Your reply has moved the priority on this gathering up a few notches Oak. I've already got a couple of folks interested but according to 'Chainsaw's First Law of Diminishing Enthusiasm' I gotta get 20 people promising to go in order to have 2 who'll actually show up. It'll probably be worth it.
      I was being facetious regarding the bait buyback thingy. One seemingly overlooked feature, and advantage to having the Baitmobile on site is that you don't have to 'Overbuy' your bait supply. If the fish are bitin' go get more bait. One of the things you might mention to the operator of the Baitmobile is something done for years in the auto racing field called 'Insurance' for services you might need using equipment you don't have at the track with you, like torches.
      You'd pay the welder guy a few bucks in the pits and if you needed welding/cutting done you were covered. If you didn't buy insurance and needed a welder you paid by the hour the going rates. How this translates to the Baitmobile is thus;
     The bait guy may not recover his costs if the fish aint bitin' and we aint buyin', so he might not show up next time, 'specially if he's geared up for the first Ice date and has to hold over for the 2nd one. We could pay a Super Premium price for the first dozen,(insurance), and a Super Low rate if the fish are biting later on. That way he's recovered at least some of his costs initially, then, if the fish are bitin' the pricepain gets spread out a bit.
      Some of us are always buying bait buckets every week too, and if the guy sold (cheap) buckets I'd buy a 'Bottomless' Bait Bucket, good for a dozen at a time or some such thing, just for the convenience. Looking forward to a good time. ;D :tipup: ;D
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline hunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2005, 05:51 AM »
I'm in i have plenty of Vension to go around. I also have some elk to share... ;)

Offline devo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 04, 2005, 07:25 AM »
count me in, we fish the N. end of Conesus all winter and its loaded with panfish,bass and pike.There are perch and walleye too,but they can be tough to find ."Art's" baitshop is about 3 miles N. on rt. 15......He has great bait as well if the baitmobile falls through.  I live 10 min. from the lake and can get info on ice conditions,motels,...etc.....etc......if needed.Let me know. thanks,DevO.
-Voted most likely to get hurt 2010
-Secret Agent Man
-2013 Icemasters "Ironman" Angler of the year
-NY State Record Drum boat Captain, 2014-2016
-"Worst crew in all of drag racing” 2003

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2005, 08:26 AM »
OAK,

Just an idea for some "Insurance" reguarding the Baitmobile.  The VFW that I belong to, when we have a "Official function" we always do a 50/50 drawing.  Its usually $5.00 a chance and at the end they draw the winning ticket.  Half could go to the Baitmobile.  Just an idea to make it worth his while.

T/L
Steve
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2005, 08:48 AM »
   USMC130FE has what seems to be a better 'Insurance' idea for the Baitmobile, and a lot less complicated. We have these 50/50 things at all our events too, but I've never won any so I guess it slipped what mind I have left what with the 'Beerheimers' and all. I will try the 50/50 thing though.
     The more I read on this the more I wanna go. I asked my son-in-law to go but he reminded me that my Granddaughter, Jennifer, may be home on leave from the Air Force. She's now serving at Lackland, and her schedule is tentative. If she's home and we may be able to bring her with us as she loves to Ice-fish too.
     My Grandson, Ryan, will miss the Splake fishing on Caroga Lake this year. He leaves for Iraq Monday, Dec. 5th.

-PLEASE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS-

All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2005, 09:41 AM »
HUNTER1
DEVO,
Welcome aboard to the ice gathering, it has proven to be a good time in the past! Hope you guys enjoy yourselves, and thank you for the offers! i will be making a list of what people have offered very soon!
______________________ ______________________ ______________________ ______________________ ______

USMC130FE,
A 50/50 would be a great idea. Im glad i thought of that! ...lol  just kidding  ;)2 
Maybe i will do 2 of them, one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. the proceeds can go to the bait guy as insurance as suggested, (only if sales were poor though) and the second 50/50 proceeds could go to scott for offering us the website! if we dont have to take care of the baitmobile because of good sales, i could turn over that half of the first 50/50 as a bonus to the second pot!
______________________ ______________________ ______________________ ______________________ ______

CHAINSAW,
All of us here on these websites (from other posts i have read) support the troops in high regard!
I personally wish the best of luck to your family members and pray for their safe return home.
If they are here on the date of the gathering, gladly bring them along! They deserve a fun break, and its family time as well!

Ok guys (and girls... i was just figuratively speaking!) ... So far I have a list of about 20 or so of you that have committed to this! Thats a great number so far, but come on... wheres the rest of you ice nuts? look at the number of views vs. the number of posts! Dont be scared!

At this time i would like to ask... who has a GRILL that they would be willing to donate for the day?
We need to secure a grill for preparation of hamburgers and hotdogs (which i will supply)!
In the years past, someone has always come through with a grill that was large (made from a 55 gallon drum of sorts), but even if we can get 2 regular family style grills... that would be enough space to keep the food rolling!

We also need donations of prizes... NOTHING EXPENSIVE AND MAYBE SOMETHING YOU ALREADY HAVE AT HOME... BUT RELATED TO ICE FISHING IN SOME WAY!
In the years past parties... we have had a derby during the party! Alot of the people in attendence would bring prizes donations such as... to name a few ideas... a couple guys made home-made jigs, so they put a little gift box of sorts together. We had tip-ups, we had hole covers, we had t-shirts, we had glo-jig tazers and on and on...
We have always had enough prizes in the past, that with what was left over, we were also able to have a raffle at the end of the day to finish off the left over prizes! Use you imaginations.
We have alot of offers for food, which is good! We always do! I can remember in the years past that we have always had the hamburgers and hotdogs... plenty of venison in some form. we have had pike chowder, which was totally delicious... and many of you brought salads and snacks which helped to make a great meal for the day!
I can come up with 2 folding tables for the day... we might need at the most, 1 or 2 more!
We will also need someone to donate plasticware, paper plates and napkins! 
Sometimes people are even able to accuire certain donations from the places they work! That makes it easy too!
I myself will be donating the hamburgers and hotdogs. (maybe someone works at a bakery and can do the buns and rolls)... i will also be donating prize bags for the kids that attend the "clinic" idea. if no one is interested in this idea, then those prizes will go to the table for the derby or raffle! I will also have plenty of garbage bags on hand so that there is no excuses for garbage left laying on the ice! If you need one, just ask! They will be with me by the food tables.

Anything you guys can think of or offer to make the day better is a blessing! Its what has made the parties a success in the past! We have always had enough in the past to go around, and then some! Lets just say, we all know how to survive and have a good time!  :woot:

By the way... for those of you that are wondering how we get all this stuff out there....
Were we set-up camp for the day isnt really to far from land, maybe 150 to 200 yards from shore and then the people spread out from there! There is also usually a few members there with wheelers or sleds that offer to drag out the goods!

P.S.  Still havent found the icepirates... and im wondering where a few other people are too! RGFIXIT and FARGINICEHOLE to name a few... where are you guys?

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The meaning of life is fishing with your friends.
« Reply #37 on: Dec 04, 2005, 10:00 AM »
Ok I'm making this one this year.  I liked the one we had on Chataqua with deerslayer also. 
All I need is ice and the fish will come.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 04, 2005, 11:01 AM »
hey oak, put me down for the plasticware, ill bring knives, forks, spoons and napkins.
id bring the rolls but im still fighting my comp case with stroehmanns ;D

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #39 on: Dec 04, 2005, 11:16 AM »
FISHINCRAZY,
See you there neighbor!...lol
We really need to get together and do some other fishing as well! We are only a couple streets away from each other!

ARCHBISHOP,
Thanks J... Thats what im talking about! Every little bit of donation helps!
Isnt Stroehmanns out of business?... How do you get a comp settlement from something that no longer exists?
lol... just kidding, i think they are still around!

I just looked at a silver lake cam that MAC had posted on another thread...
It doesnt look like anything is forming yet, but its gotta come soon!
cant wait till it gets here and stays!
Im just posting this link because its nearby to conesus and something to watch!
http://www.silverlakeview.com/silverlakecam.htm

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 04, 2005, 11:18 AM »
i hope there still around, there the second or third largest bakery in the US :tipup:
maybe when im done with them theyll be out oif business ;D

ok back on topic, glad i can help and now thats one less thing you have to worry about :tipup:

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #41 on: Dec 04, 2005, 04:15 PM »
Oak,
I'm around....just busy as heck with not too much time to spend online . The Shanty gatherings at Conesus have been great. Plenty of fish to be caught, good food and friends. Keep it simple and all will go well. I hope to make it again this year.

Bob

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline acsacmboy2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 04, 2005, 04:24 PM »
ill be there. if need be i can bring something. but im in.

Randy Mason
FLCC 09' Fisheries Technology Major

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #43 on: Dec 04, 2005, 07:17 PM »
Oak, I hope to be there but won't know if I can get someone to cover my work hours till closer to the date. I brought one of the grills (the big one) to the last gathering, but that is shot and I don't have another one available.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline iceguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • nothin like hard h2o
« Reply #44 on: Dec 04, 2005, 08:38 PM »
Oak, I believe at this time I'll make it, I work shifts and right now my shift is off that weekend.. I can supply a grill not the giant size but "family  size"..... I also have a couple of small "fish trophies" if you want them, one is "pike" style.
guy

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The meaning of life is fishing with your friends.
« Reply #45 on: Dec 05, 2005, 04:28 PM »
Oak you able to get out this year?  We should be on the ice real soon.  i have vacation the week before christmas and I hope that I will be on the ice everyday of my vacation.  We have to get together and fish.  I fish honeyo, Silver and Chataqua a lot,  I get to Loon and canadaguia and Conesus quit a bit also.  You fish these lakes much?  have you heard any reports on ice conditions yet?
All I need is ice and the fish will come.

hali-man

« Reply #46 on: Dec 05, 2005, 04:32 PM »
Im just posting this link because its nearby to conesus and something to watch!

BigJohnnyIce posted it. Not even close to ice yet...
Did you get my email, Oak?

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #47 on: Dec 05, 2005, 06:08 PM »
FISHINCRAZY,
I am feeling pretty good this year so far... i hope to get out as much as possible!
I fish all the lakes you mention and many others as well!
We live so close to each other, we will definitely have to hook up and do some fishing!
It wont be long before we get out! The ice gods will giveth soon!

HALI-MAN,
i just saw that BigJohnnyIce posted the cam as i was doing some extensive reading. I think MAC just backed it up on another thread or something.... anyways, its cool that its there and i hope it lasts through the winter too!
I did get your email about the other thing! No worries.. its already been discussed and if anything happens, I am able to recover 100% of it!

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #48 on: Dec 06, 2005, 08:27 AM »

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #49 on: Dec 06, 2005, 09:04 AM »
the union pres will be there . i have fished conesus the past few years and have enjoyed it very much. i'll bring a pot of home made chicken soup to pass along. if you need anything else oak. let me know. hali knows how to get ahold me. ;D

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #50 on: Dec 06, 2005, 09:53 AM »
RGFIXIT
ACSACMBOY2
JERRYOFWNY
ICEGUY
BUTTERWORM

Hope to see you all there, i got your names all written down on the growing list!
Thank you for the offers, they are appreciated!
ICEGUY... im still in search of a big grill to be able to cook all the food at once, but as it gets closer to the date i will let you know. we may have to go with 2 "family size" grills!
BUTTERWORM... heck ya the union pres. has to be there...lol  big pot of home made chicken soup sounds "souper"...lol

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #51 on: Dec 06, 2005, 10:25 AM »
you will enjoy it. never had a complaint yet. and i mean the soup ;)

Offline can_of_worms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #52 on: Dec 06, 2005, 10:54 AM »
I will have to check the dates for sure with the bride, but I think we will be in the area this year. I live about 20 minutes from the lake and fish it quite often. I will bring pulled pork and rolls. If you let Art( Art's Bait shop) know that there is going to be alot of extra guy's in the area for the weekend I would bet he would order more for the weekend. He is a good guy, has good bait , and would help out I am sure. There will probably be 4 of us. Sounds fun hope to make it this year.

Rob

hali-man

« Reply #53 on: Dec 06, 2005, 10:59 AM »
If you let Art( Art's Bait shop) know that there is going to be alot of extra guy's in the area for the weekend I would bet he would order more for the weekend. He is a good guy, has good bait , and would help out I am sure.

Are you talking about the place right by the outlet?
Dude, he's been dead for years.
He's hanging out in angling nirvana...
May he rest in peace.  :angel

Offline MXFISHER656

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Dec 06, 2005, 11:18 AM »
No he's not talking about the guy at the inlet..he's dead, and his name was Bob. Art's shop is the small shack in front of the avon cart club. As far as I know he's still kicking...

Offline can_of_worms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #55 on: Dec 06, 2005, 01:47 PM »
You are correct in that Bob has passed away, about 4 years ago now. Art's is about 5 or so miles North of the Lake. Small dumpy place, almost always has good minnows. He was not doing so well last year, but from what I gather he is doing well now. He is a funny guy, likes to talk, lend him an ear if you stop in, it means alot to him. Take care.

hali-man

« Reply #56 on: Dec 06, 2005, 01:54 PM »
Well, I stand corrected. I didn't think there was a bait shop over there any more.
I like old dumpy places with bait!  :)

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Dec 06, 2005, 05:34 PM »
won't be able to donate much but I will try and I will be there unless something else happens!!!!  can't wait

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #58 on: Dec 06, 2005, 06:20 PM »
I like old dumpy places with bait!  :)

You'll absolutely love Art's then!!!

Bring some pickings for the cats to!
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

hali-man

« Reply #59 on: Dec 06, 2005, 06:31 PM »
Oh yeah- You did tell me about it last time we went, WNY.
My memory is failing...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.