New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandy pond  (Read 28937 times)

Offline hbomb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY FISHY
Re: Sandy pond
« Reply #60 on: Dec 25, 2010, 09:39 PM »
Oh.ok Thanks a bunch ;D

Offline lovetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #61 on: Dec 26, 2010, 04:32 PM »
I think we get better info on this link. And it easier to find sandy pond.

Offline year-round-fishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #62 on: Dec 26, 2010, 08:35 PM »
Killed'em again on Sandy. I brought the old man with me for his first time of the year. We fished together in a two man shanty, moved once, only about 20 yards. We had a limit by noon and ran out of bait 2 cups of fatheads by 3:30 we used eyes for 15 mins or so after but only attracted the smallest ones, did get a few nice gills with them though. We ended up getting 77 total. If you go out tomorrow and you hear a phone ringing answer it its me calling to see if its still working. I lost it on the ice in between the 20 yards that we moved, its blue. I'll be out in the afternoon to look. Good luck guys.     

Offline lovetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #63 on: Dec 27, 2010, 01:28 PM »
What was the depth?  Where did you go out?  We are going out Thursday.  We keep and a eye out for your Cell!

adam2000

« Reply #64 on: Dec 27, 2010, 03:53 PM »
Killed'em again on Sandy. I brought the old man with me for his first time of the year. We fished together in a two man shanty, moved once, only about 20 yards. We had a limit by noon and ran out of bait 2 cups of fatheads by 3:30 we used eyes for 15 mins or so after but only attracted the smallest ones, did get a few nice gills with them though. We ended up getting 77 total. If you go out tomorrow and you hear a phone ringing answer it its me calling to see if its still working. I lost it on the ice in between the 20 yards that we moved, its blue. I'll be out in the afternoon to look. Good luck guys.     

it was blowing about 30 today out there. couldnt hear anything

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #65 on: Dec 27, 2010, 04:31 PM »
borrow  a  metal  detector  find  it  fast

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Dec 27, 2010, 04:35 PM »
borrow  a  metal  detector  find  it  fast
You're a genius  ;D ;D ;D
PLASTICS ARE FANTASTIC  !!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #67 on: Dec 27, 2010, 05:37 PM »
What was the depth?  Where did you go out?  We are going out Thursday.  We keep and a eye out for your Cell!

spare gps cords ,will work for food  thanks god bless  ::)

Offline bslayman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Dec 27, 2010, 06:00 PM »
How much snow is on the ice coming up with an old friend who has a hard time getting through too  much snow/slush

adam2000

« Reply #69 on: Dec 27, 2010, 07:18 PM »
How much snow is on the ice coming up with an old friend who has a hard time getting through too  much snow/slush
6 inches in spots, wind was blowing up to 40 today so alot is bare but there are somw drifts out there

Offline basslover96

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bass fishin'
« Reply #70 on: Dec 27, 2010, 08:08 PM »
Me and my dad went out of green point yesterday for a couple hours. we did fairley decent not much fish but the ones we were catching were pretty decent. all the perch we caught were big not to many small ones. the sunfish and bluegill were few and far between in size. any one got any tips on catching walleye?

Offline basslover96

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bass fishin'
« Reply #71 on: Dec 27, 2010, 08:14 PM »
btw i didnt mean just sandy pond i meant anywhere in general for walleye

Offline year-round-fishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #72 on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:43 PM »
The search is over I found the phone today around 1:30 under 2 inches of packed snow still working. If it wasn't for the ringing we never would of found it. I didn't fish today but looked like there was a fair share of guys out today. O only a month ago I found my phone run over in the street in pieces....best 50 dollar phone ever. I should be the poster boy for go phones haha.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #73 on: Dec 28, 2010, 04:14 AM »
i  too  have  the  cell  phone   problem  droped  outta  the  boat   down  ice  holes    outta  tree  stands  ,  i  got  a  small  dry  box   just  big  enough   for  my  phone  and  it  goes  around  my  neck  ...well  worth  the  few  bucks  and  it   has  saved  my  phone  many  times 

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Dec 28, 2010, 04:52 AM »
Went out yesterday and fished by boggey. I brought a friend and we both limited out in five hours with a ton of slobs. Great day on the ice. The best part of the day was hearing boggey get excited about all the slobe he was pulling through the ice.

Man I'm hooked and im bummed that I can only fish one more day this week. Anybody on here going to the pinstripe bowl. If you are pm me. Ill be tailgating Thursday morning.
2011 King of the pond champion. Don't hate me cause I'm great!

Offline hbomb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY FISHY
« Reply #75 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:02 AM »
I think we get better info on this link. And it easier to find sandy pond.
I agree,SANDY POND seems to stick out better than "small water Jefferson county" for some strange reason. I have to look thru the whole list a couple of times to find it and i don't know why LOL :icefish:

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:50 AM »
Boggey I would love to but how often do you get a chance see a football game at Yankee stadium. I'm trying to get all my crap done today so I can sneak out tomorrow. Anybody here fish out of chapman park?

Offline IceRugger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Dec 28, 2010, 12:23 PM »
My buddy and I are thinking of going to Sandy Pond on Sat. We are going to park at wigwam and I was just wondering, without giving your 'honey spots' away, where is best area to go on the lake (straight out, to the left..right).  Also, what depth range are you catching these slobs vs. the dinks some people are catching? Any help would be appreciated, it'll be first time out this year!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #78 on: Dec 28, 2010, 12:26 PM »
My buddy and I are thinking of going to Sandy Pond on Sat. We are going to park at wigwam and I was just wondering, without giving your 'honey spots' away, where is best area to go on the lake (straight out, to the left..right).  Also, what depth range are you catching these slobs vs. the dinks some people are catching? Any help would be appreciated, it'll be first time out this year!
Your best bet to head for the city of shantys to start ;D ;D ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline crappiekiller315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • THATS HOW I ROLL SUCKA'S
« Reply #79 on: Dec 28, 2010, 01:58 PM »
Your best bet to head for the city of shantys to start ;D ;D ;D
so how does one get to meet the mayor of this city of shanty's :woot: :roflmao: :woot: :roflmao:
why is it everytime i start catchin fish a GREMLIN pop's up in my hole

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #80 on: Dec 28, 2010, 02:15 PM »
so how does one get to meet the mayor of this city of shanty's :woot: :roflmao: :woot: :roflmao:
just walk out there and holler i'm a voter

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Dec 28, 2010, 04:47 PM »
The mayor will be the guy screaming about all the slobs he has been slaying. Also the Marco polo route always works for me, try that first.

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #82 on: Dec 28, 2010, 04:51 PM »
Anyone hitting the pond in the Am want to tag along with me? Heading out of the elms. Send me a PM if you intrested
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline Cusefan78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Dec 28, 2010, 04:51 PM »
Anybody interested in some a.m. Fishing tomorrow. I'll  be up there around 8 8:30.

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Dec 28, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Just come into the WigWam and buy me a drink !   I'll be at the corner of the bar...............gazi ng out the window ! ;D ;D ;D
PLASTICS ARE FANTASTIC  !!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:39 PM »
Just come into the WigWam and buy me a drink !   I'll be at the corner of the bar...............gazi ng out the window ! ;D ;D ;D
bring your binoculars with you . i will be the one giving you the one finger solute from a far bud when you  show up late  ??? ??? ???

adam2000

« Reply #86 on: Dec 28, 2010, 06:59 PM »
bring your binoculars with you . i will be the one giving you the one finger solute from a far bud when you  show up late  ??? ??? ???
is gamma ever gonna fish

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Dec 28, 2010, 07:00 PM »

Offline crappiekiller315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • THATS HOW I ROLL SUCKA'S
« Reply #88 on: Dec 28, 2010, 07:01 PM »
other way around i will be the one already limited out waiting for you to get there :woot:
why is it everytime i start catchin fish a GREMLIN pop's up in my hole

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #89 on: Dec 28, 2010, 07:10 PM »
Hey CNY, Adam and HT,, Do you guys ever take any pictures of your catches???   I sure would like to see some.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:   
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.