New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: western NY get together  (Read 26803 times)

Offline mikeymjr23

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: western NY get together
« Reply #180 on: Feb 02, 2010, 03:04 PM »
I will be there...I am new to the site.  Been a member for a while, haven't been around.

Never gone before, but will be fishing with some guys from this site.  Definitely excited!

The Best Western in jamestown is a good deal.  My mother works there as the sales manager.  As long as there is nothing going on at the hockey rink, you should be good there.

Offline perch28

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #181 on: Feb 02, 2010, 07:09 PM »
i will be there at 630am just look for the hummer limo

Offline bobdboater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #182 on: Feb 02, 2010, 08:42 PM »
i will be there at 630am just look for the hummer limo
Dang you are going all out with a limo. This limo have the hot tub in back with the girly girls inside and wet bar inside....

You are an elite fisherman....Im Jealous

:icefish: :tipup:
A bad day fishing is better than being at work.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #183 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:21 PM »
you gonna bring the limo out on the ice? should be thick enough ...

Offline bobdboater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #184 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:25 PM »

Hey Marcus,
This sure beats the Johnny on the spot we were talking about. Now ain't that funny.

Offline mikeymjr23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #185 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:34 PM »

how thick is the ice?

Offline ICDUCKS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #186 on: Feb 03, 2010, 08:46 AM »

Offline doctariAFC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Stop yer squealin' and start reelin'!"
« Reply #187 on: Feb 03, 2010, 08:48 AM »

how thick is the ice?
should be pushing 12 inch by Saturday, if not more.

I hope you all are ready for a large crowd.  Will Elliott gave it some run today...

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/other/fishing/story/943922.html

Don't know when I'll be there.  I know I'll be down there Friday night, but where we fish is up to the crew.  We may be at Maple Springs, and if so, we'll see you all around lunch time.  If not, and we decide it will be LP, we'll be out there before first light.
Ol' Doctari
2014 Recording Sec Erie County Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs
2014 Secretary Western NY Environmental Federation
Erie County Fisheries Advisory Board
Region 9 Rep NYSCC Big Game Committee - 2014 Co-Chair
Member NYSOWA
Member Northern Chautauqua Conservation Club
Member Audubon Fishing Club
Freelance Outdoor Writer

Offline bobdboater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #188 on: Feb 03, 2010, 08:56 AM »
I'm pumped and ready for some good ole fashion fun. I can't wait to meet a lot of you.
This is going to be awesome out there................. ..

Offline JoeM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #189 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:32 AM »
I think my game plan is to go before first light to Maple Springs to try for walleye. A little later I will head to LP to meet up with the group. Would MS or Dewittville be better for the morning eyes?

Offline mikes75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #190 on: Feb 03, 2010, 01:35 PM »
I"M in will be nice to meet some of you guys ..

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #191 on: Feb 03, 2010, 01:46 PM »
A big thank you to Brian and Lisa (Happy Hooker) for providing the porta jon.  A big problemb solved.

Offline bobdboater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #192 on: Feb 03, 2010, 01:52 PM »
Yes I am glad to hear they picked up the cost. Will be out on Ice or at the launch? If it is on the ice I got to have a picture of it for my signature on here. I'm still chuckling over it.
Hey Game Hog is the guy still bringing the Limo?  ;D ;D

Offline TAT2BILL

• IceShanty Rookie
  • WHERE TO NEXT????
« Reply #193 on: Feb 03, 2010, 02:03 PM »
HEY BOBDBOATER IM HITTING BLUE WATER ON THE ISLAND AFTER WORK LET YOU KNOW HOW I DID
GOOD FISHING GOOD HUNTING WHAT ELSE IS THERE ?????

Offline TAT2BILL

• IceShanty Rookie
  • WHERE TO NEXT????
« Reply #194 on: Feb 03, 2010, 02:06 PM »
ANYBODY GOT WORD ON SILVER LAKE OR HONEYE LET ME KNOW HOW THE ICE IS THANKS
GOOD FISHING GOOD HUNTING WHAT ELSE IS THERE ?????

Offline bobdboater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #195 on: Feb 03, 2010, 02:11 PM »
Hey Bill,
 I sent you a PM but in regards to your question for Honeyoye and Silver Lake there is a lenghty thread started. Go look at some of the threads and you will see what they are doing. Did Honeyoye two weeks ago and did poor.

Bob :icefish: :tipup:

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #196 on: Feb 03, 2010, 04:25 PM »
guess I figured the guy was joking about the limo in return I was joking about bringing it on the ice. My cavalier on the other hand... Really cool we are gonna have a porta john out there will help for sure. I saw this event mentioned in the buffalo news today kinda cool to see. I will be there very early after the eyes with a crew, hopefully they are willing to help get set up. Auger is running like a champ anyone with hole drilling issues please don't be shy, I would rather cut hundreds of holes than have to see people struggle. I found the boy some boots today quite a task finding "good" gear for younguns. There is gonna be quite a few people out there by the sounds a couple of my friends heard a couple different groups of guys at hogan's hut and happy hooker talking about it. Same friends also did real well on the perch at Long Point yeaterday. Gonna get out tomorrow night for some walleye fishing hopefully the fish will cooperate

Offline perch28

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #197 on: Feb 03, 2010, 04:47 PM »
yea  just messin around with limo will have kawai limo though also about the boots check goodwill or salvation army you get brand new stuff there especially for kids that grow out of their stuff so fast or just to use for a day or a week . my wife gets brand new stuff there all the time for the grandchildren and thats great so i can get stuff like a vex quad rod reals hut and still have money for jim beam see yall on sat

Offline blkgmc79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #198 on: Feb 03, 2010, 05:45 PM »
hey guys i should be down saturday jus gotta make the old lady happy any one interested in goin for some eyes after the get together?
if u carry it out carry it back in!!

Offline mikeymjr23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #199 on: Feb 03, 2010, 06:02 PM »
Am thinkin the get together is going to last quite a while....

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
« Reply #200 on: Feb 03, 2010, 06:14 PM »
fished today from 7-430 started off at longpoint caught around 30between 3 of us. than fishing shut right down went over the pendergast and did well ended up with 67between the three of us. talked to a few guys best spot for walleyes has been toms point. ill be there saturday with a few guys and my nephew
ice fishing for life

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #201 on: Feb 03, 2010, 07:27 PM »
I hope people are bringing kids I would like to have a derby for them. Free (obviously to enter) we will have a variety of prizes ( jigs, boxes, rods, reels, combos, tip-ups and the like) I have some stuff for it and i bought a few things also Irish jigger, who cannot make it, has offered some equipment which I will be picking up tomorrow for either the kids or for anyone who may not have everything they need to fish. We are all well stocked, if you do not think you can fish due to lack of equipment , you have no worries we can outfit you. I personally like to get people involved in this great sport. The kids derby will  be from 10-ish to 1-ish I really have not hashed out all the details, but we will be doing this. If it is on the fly, so be it the kids will have a blast. Gonna be longest fish and other unknown right now categories. Thanks for the advice on the boots I did end up finding a pair as well as some real high quality socks at tractor supply.

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #202 on: Feb 03, 2010, 08:10 PM »
Ice is great at long Point.  I fished on 9+" of black ice with about 4" of snow on top.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #203 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:04 PM »
that sounds nice hopefully we do not get a dumping of snow 4 inches by saturday will be real easy to drag across. Just ordered a new flasher...boy I hope i picked the right one.

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #204 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:12 PM »
What one did you get and when will you get it?  I got a preview of hummingbirds.

Offline ICEMAN73

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #205 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:37 PM »
that sounds nice hopefully we do not get a dumping of snow 4 inches by saturday will be real easy to drag across. Just ordered a new flasher...boy I hope i picked the right one.

I'm pumped!!!  Heading out in 48hours.  Just got done smelting at small boat harbor.  Yummy and FUN!!!

Offline bobdboater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #206 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:40 PM »
Okay some good stuff being written here. First I seen Jim Beam and then fishing after hours for EYES.
Yup some good stuff. I plan on staying after hours on the ice for awhile. I did see it in the Buffalo Paper and it was definitly mentioned so we can expect a crowd.
I know I surely hope to run into Marcus and Game Hog. There some cool people to fish with the way they talk.

Offline ICDUCKS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #207 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:56 PM »
What one did you get and when will you get it?  I got a preview of hummingbirds.

Call me

Offline ICEMAN73

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #208 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:59 PM »
I would like someone to show me how to use a flasher this weekend.  Thinking about getting one next year.

Marcus,  You've started a monster here ;D ;D ;D

Offline fish up!!

• IceShanty Rookie
  • which one of you guys ate all the minows!!!Thanks
« Reply #209 on: Feb 04, 2010, 02:30 AM »
hey guys I'll be down  friday took nite off work ;D thinkin on trying to find a nite bite some where?? crappie or walleye any ideas??? pm me if u wish.  SAT. look for me I'll have the frabill black and yellow hut (suitcase style). stop by I'll have some chilli brewing!! not sure if i'll have enough, :-\ when marcus first came up with this it sounded like just a few guys now a hole gang THAT'S AWSOME :o !!!! oh yeah,  I'll have a grill in case anyone needs to use it . lookin forward to meeting alot of you guys! marcus and game hog, My buddy eddiew29 Talked me into the humminbird ice 45 I've only used it a few times but wow it is awsome! feel free to check it out!! or anyone at that matter! seeya sat.  :thumbsup:
Thanks Dale    Stay on top!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.