New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: western NY get together  (Read 26787 times)

Offline Mark Komo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: western NY get together
« Reply #60 on: Jan 02, 2010, 03:10 PM »
Ahh, I see. Nope never heard of it. Sounds like the old quarters game. Us ex midwesterners are a tight assed, conservative bunch. ;)
Bass are for guys that cant catch walleyes! Troll for show, jig for $$$$$

Offline fish up!!

• IceShanty Rookie
  • which one of you guys ate all the minows!!!Thanks
« Reply #61 on: Jan 05, 2010, 01:29 AM »
macus anymore info on the get together? i' ve been telling every one i know.
Thanks Dale    Stay on top!

Offline molsonport

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 06, 2010, 04:42 PM »
bump

Offline eldasilma

• IceShanty Rookie
  • global warming my butt
« Reply #63 on: Jan 06, 2010, 05:44 PM »
sounds like a blast count me in
coffee coffee who said coffee

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #64 on: Jan 07, 2010, 06:21 PM »
Marcus,  What can I bring/do to help this out.  It's getting closer,  pray for more ice.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:04 PM »
Nothing really new as far as info. I would like to have a derby/tourney while we are out there maybe we should get the rules/species payout worked out? I think the main specie of our derby should be perch considering where we are fishing. I'd like to make it like a 10 dollar a head buy in and make the payouts dependant on the number of entrants  possibly a side bet/pot for walleye or "other" to whoever wants to get involved. Travis We may need another grill if that i possible aside from that I am not sure what we will need I am not sure how many we will have to attend this so it is hard to tell right now. If there is interest I would like to set up on site bait. I am not sure if it is feasible, but I'd like to ask Brian (Happy Hooker) if he can do anything in that regard, at the same time I know he plans on coming with his crew to fish and I do not want to cut anymore into his fishing time seems his shop is doing that for him. Brian feel free to chime in I know what your worry is about posting, but I highly doubt anyone is gonna sweat it. Back on the tourney idea we do have a couple of people who will donate used gear and possibly new gear and i think we should allow the kids to enter a derby of there own for free and use these donated goods as prizes for them possibly set up age groups for the youngsters. We will probably need some transport onto the ice to get the equipment out personally I would like to get everything out, or at least a good portion very early so we can be set up and ready to roll when people show up. The ice will be fine by then, may have some snow to deal with but we do live in the snow belt, so I am confident we can deal with it. I may not look like it but I am working on a tentative head count I realize some will come unannounced and others will no-show, but it would be nice to have an idea of how many are coming. I have a crew coming. One of my fishing buddies, snowmandan is a member here , he is also my spud bar gonna convince him to check the ice out that way this weekend ;D  I cannot imagine the ice not being thick enough by Feb though   

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:13 PM »
Sounds good to me.  I will work on a grill.  Thinking about a deepfryer also.

Offline howesfc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Eirinn go Brach"
« Reply #67 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Is this a pipe dream or what? ???

I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:17 PM »
Maby in your eyes but it will be a go.  BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME

Offline howesfc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Eirinn go Brach"
« Reply #69 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:22 PM »
Who,what,where and when? ???

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:22 PM »
I want to add this could become a yearly event I know I want it to be . The derby will have some rules which are going to be worked out very soon would like some input/help on ideas . We could go with biggest overall, biggest 5,10,15, or any number creel.   My thoughts would be 5 or 10 best perch in your bucket total length   with the tie breaker being largest overall. I would like a Big fish pool also. If I am going too far let me know. Like I said I want input and help setting this up. I plan on fishing, but have no problem also "weighing" in contestants catches . I think it would be a good idea to have a few of us working together on this so there is no issues. I know most of us are a good bunch, but I also know what competition does to some and don't want any issues. Let us know what you all think please.
Thanks
Mark.
Howesfc   I don't think so. Why do you ask?   Sounds like we will be having a get together and if a derby or whatever isn't a good idea it can go away , but I see no problem with it.   I will be at Long Point State Park well before 7am on Sat Feb 6 th witht the intentions on fishing with some ice shanty guys if the amount of people who have chimed in saying they are coming don't it will just be a smaller gathering. No pipe dream something is gonna happen. I want to meet and fish with more of you guys this year and this would be a good way to meet people for fishermen like me who are not overly out-going. If that is a reference to ice conditions I am at least 95% positive there will be ZERO issues with that.

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:25 PM »
Who,what,where and when? ???
who: us   what: a day of fishing and "partying" on beautiful chatauqua lake    where: Long Point State Park on chatauqua lake
when : February 6th (main get-together) and february 7th for anyone who is still in the area and would like to fish another day

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #72 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:31 PM »
I'm there man. I have quad but it's only two wheel drive so conditions have to be good to drag with it. As far as $$ goes for tourney, what ever works. $10 is cool with me. Like I said, put me down for 5LB of Sahlens. Also grab a few 2 liter of pop or something. I hav two boys 5 and 8, take them on the ice once in awhile but not often. I usually like going without them because they can be a drag at times..But if there is going to be kids should bring 'em.

Don't really have anything to donate but above mentioned. If anyone wants to meet up, I'll be at burtis Saturday AM and would like to go at nite but may lose my partner due to bowling league...Umm may hit it up Sunday AM before I go back to b-lo..
Vexilar Entertainment System

Offline howesfc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Eirinn go Brach"
« Reply #73 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Sounds good will talk to my fishing buddies and try to make it aways wanted to fish that lake but would like to find the Crappies I've heard so much about! :)

Offline nateG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • institutionalized
« Reply #74 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:38 PM »
Sounds good will talk to my fishing buddies and try to make it aways wanted to fish that lake but would like to find the Crappies I've heard so much about! :)

Yeah the Cali's would be great, those 13'' slobs that doc was talking about would be great also!

We crushed the perch last year at LP, I mean not lake erie slobs but..dude i'm so in :)
Vexilar Entertainment System

Offline howesfc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Eirinn go Brach"
« Reply #75 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:46 PM »
who: us   what: a day of fishing and "partying" on beautiful chatauqua lake    where: Long Point State Park on chatauqua lake
when : February 6th (main get-together) and february 7th for anyone who is still in the area and would like to fish another day

Sign In When and Where?

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:50 PM »
There are certainly some nice crappies in that lake as well. Bring a lantern the crappie fishing is WAY better when the sun goes down (as it is on many lakes). Nate,my buddy caught a huge perch in burtis hopefully that is a sign of what we will find in the deeper waters this year, although I will not complain if they are even the size they were last year. The one he caught was right around 13" and looked lot more like an erie perch than what we normally see on chatauqua.

Offline jigger-team hamlin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:55 PM »
count me in ;D

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Jan 07, 2010, 08:06 PM »
Sign In When and Where?
sign in will be starting at 6:30 I/we will be set up on the ice and will find a way to stand out. If anyone has a shanty flag we can rig up a way to fly it I do not. tourney/derby sign-ups will start at the same time if we go that route.

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #79 on: Jan 07, 2010, 08:32 PM »
Man i'd love to be there but,Saturdays are really the only day that i absolutely have to work!!! :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline ICEMAN73

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #80 on: Jan 08, 2010, 11:11 PM »
CAN'T WAIT!!!! I'm still in for Sat and Sun.  Hot Coco will be a flowing!!!

Offline fish up!!

• IceShanty Rookie
  • which one of you guys ate all the minows!!!Thanks
« Reply #81 on: Jan 09, 2010, 01:49 AM »
still in also !!!  CAN'T WAIT!!! if need be i have a grill no prob. bringin. along with some dogs, chilli :o
Thanks Dale    Stay on top!

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #82 on: Jan 12, 2010, 04:14 PM »
 i will be there on the 7th for sure :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline perch28

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Jan 12, 2010, 05:26 PM »
sorry cant make it that weekend tourney on south park lake

Offline bob999333

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:37 PM »
Nothing really new as far as info. I would like to have a derby/tourney while we are out there maybe we should get the rules/species payout worked out? I think the main specie of our derby should be perch considering where we are fishing. I'd like to make it like a 10 dollar a head buy in and make the payouts dependant on the number of entrants  possibly a side bet/pot for walleye or "other" to whoever wants to get involved. Travis We may need another grill if that i possible aside from that I am not sure what we will need I am not sure how many we will have to attend this so it is hard to tell right now. If there is interest I would like to set up on site bait. I am not sure if it is feasible, but I'd like to ask Brian (Happy Hooker) if he can do anything in that regard, at the same time I know he plans on coming with his crew to fish and I do not want to cut anymore into his fishing time seems his shop is doing that for him. Brian feel free to chime in I know what your worry is about posting, but I highly doubt anyone is gonna sweat it. Back on the tourney idea we do have a couple of people who will donate used gear and possibly new gear and i think we should allow the kids to enter a derby of there own for free and use these donated goods as prizes for them possibly set up age groups for the youngsters. We will probably need some transport onto the ice to get the equipment out personally I would like to get everything out, or at least a good portion very early so we can be set up and ready to roll when people show up. The ice will be fine by then, may have some snow to deal with but we do live in the snow belt, so I am confident we can deal with it. I may not look like it but I am working on a tentative head count I realize some will come unannounced and others will no-show, but it would be nice to have an idea of how many are coming. I have a crew coming. One of my fishing buddies, snowmandan is a member here , he is also my spud bar gonna convince him to check the ice out that way this weekend ;D  I cannot imagine the ice not being thick enough by Feb though   
Hey Guys, It sounds like fun and you know I'm in. I could sell bait and give reciepts for certified minnows for a few hours, but I want to fish to. Will we need permits for this? Maybe a tailgate type get together would be better so nobody gets stuck working the whole time. You know everybody brings their own food and equipment and then we all clean up afterwards. Something to think about anyway. I'd be willing to donate a couple of prizes if you decide to do that. Brian

Offline fmck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:46 PM »
marcus im in just give a definite date and I will bring what we need to do this im looking forward to meeting folks and having fun

Offline buffaloice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 13, 2010, 04:24 AM »
Wow, what a good idea, count me in. Haven't been on IS much this year seems to be really taking off with lots of new faces. I got to go over the logistics, but it sounds like a great idea. I could bring a gas grill and a smokey joe and charcoal. How to go about food would be a good thing to think about, should we do bring your own, pot luck kind of thing or collectively purchase whatever. Either way it sounds like a great time, I do have to work Sat. mornings but could probably make the lake by 12 or 1.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #87 on: Jan 13, 2010, 06:57 AM »
Marcus seems like things are coming together, so I hate to throw you a curve but check with one of the New York Mods to see if you can have cash prizes. I believe if you are using Ice Shanties name you may not have cash prizes . At last years Oneida Lake Gathering we had a prize pool we asked each member attending to bring a donation to the pool. (jigging rod ,Jigs tip up line, etc.) You had to sign in at the local bait shop or at the designated meeting spot. See the thread New York GET Together Oneida Lake for more details.
  Also if members bringing Snow Mobiles/ATVs have extra helmets they should bring them NY.law require operator and passenger to wear them when riding machines. If you expect a lot of children or families you may want some members to bring camping toilets depending how far group will be from any available bathrooms. One shanty could serve as group bathroom. (I' thinking a hub or cabin style portable)
 Steve

Offline sbuffaloice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Jan 13, 2010, 11:36 AM »
Perch28: Tourney on South Park Lake? For real?
Real good Steve, we were biting this morning..we were biting this morning...

Offline JoeM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Jan 13, 2010, 11:59 AM »
I am in for this, but I hope the ice holds up. Things don't look so good for the extended forecast.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.