New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827217 times)

Offline dip952

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #5790 on: Feb 19, 2014, 09:28 PM »
Eh I'm not gonna blame it on the uniforms. They haven't played well in awhile. To be honest, they don't look good at all. They need to pull their heads outta their ...uniforms....and step it up. I'm thinking I'm gonna try Oneida again Fri or sat. see how the walk is and take the flutterfish for their maiden voyage
I wish you luck on those, I have been trying them for two years and have not had any luck. I thought it may have been my technique but I went to there website a couple weeks ago and it seems ok. Let us know what you think. Monday I got a 12 inch perch on a PK spoon. 

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5791 on: Feb 19, 2014, 10:19 PM »

thats the way to enjoy your winter Oldtimer  :thumbsup:

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #5792 on: Feb 20, 2014, 03:28 AM »
  Went to take a shower cuse was up by 13, got out, boston's ahead, that was ugly...

16 degrees right now, ice layer on snow, she probably aint burning to bare ice now, not with a refreeze like this.  kind of good, we need the shade snow provides... But we got the wind coming, so we'll see....Nice bucketmouth oldtimer.

for western ny:

HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON...

* LOCATIONS... NIAGARA... ORLEANS... MONROE... NORTHERN ERIE AND GENESEE COUNTIES.

* TIMING... LATE THIS EVENING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON.

* WINDS... SOUTH 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH.

* IMPACTS... A PERIOD OF STRONG WINDS MAY BRING DOWN SOME TREES AND POWER LINES... AND RESULT IN SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES. TRAVEL MAY BE DIFFICULT IN HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A HIGH WIND WATCH MEANS THAT THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR STRONG DAMAGING WINDS TO DEVELOP. THESE STRONG WINDS COULD BRING DOWN TREES AND POWER LINES AS WELL AS CAUSE PROPERTY DAMAGE. IF A HIGH WIND WARNING IS ISSUED... STAY INSIDE... AND AWAY FROM WINDOWS. BE PREPARED FOR TREES BLOCKING ROADWAYS AND POWER OUTAGES. STAY TUNED TO WEATHER RADIO OR THE OTHER RADIO AND TV STATIONS FOR FURTHER DETAILS OR UPDATES.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5793 on: Feb 20, 2014, 05:38 AM »
Tough loss for cuse last night for sure. I'm not tossing them off a bridge yet though. To be top ranked team and win all those close games isn't "playing terrible." Cant  stand the fair weather cuse fans out there! That was the quietest I have ever heard the "loud house" all game last night. Time to make Duke hold out pockets on Saturday! Go cuse  :afro:
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #5794 on: Feb 20, 2014, 05:53 AM »
It's very simple...you play your best basketball come Madness time...doesn't matter if you are 32-0 or 24-8. End of story.
Wayne W.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #5795 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:02 AM »
It's very simple...you play your best basketball come Madness time...doesn't matter if you are 32-0 or 24-8. End of story.
I endorse this post  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline jiggeremp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5796 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:03 AM »
It sounds like Lake Erie will be the place I'll be fishing this weekend

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #5797 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:06 AM »
I could use a piecasso about now! ;D :thumbsup:
Wayne W.

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5798 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:13 AM »
Nice largie Oldtimer!  What did it weigh?

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5799 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:21 AM »
so do I. Just sick of so called cuse fans bashing them all year....gets old quick. End of story

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5800 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:22 AM »
Nice fish ol timer!!

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5801 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:26 AM »
Lake is steaming like crazy when I went over 81 bridge this morn! Visibility was down to about 75 yards or so. Pretty cool

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
« Reply #5802 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:31 AM »
Now that's a bass, Old Timer

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5803 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:54 AM »
Nice largie Oldtimer!  What did it weigh?

13 lbs 14 oz..  Got her on a 6 ft.Med rod, 10# line.. Watermelon seed Zoom trick worm..  She went right back after quick Pix..

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #5804 on: Feb 20, 2014, 07:32 AM »
time for CJ Fair to show his senior leadership and pull the team back and get them rolling......can't keep relying on the freshman to bail them out....let's hope they rebound this weekend with a great offensive performance....go cuse....ps-bring back the old uniforms please

Offline chummer16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5805 on: Feb 20, 2014, 07:52 AM »
Why did they need humbling? This is the most calm down to earth team I have ever seen.  They don't brag, dance, talk, or show boat. It took Ennis hitting a game winning 40 footer to crack a smile. They play hard every game and had the best run in school history. They have had tired legs since the Duke game. It was a lot of extra pressure on them to keep this streak going, and it showed. Their shooting percentage has been bad since the Duke game. If you can criticize this team you are not a fan and shouldn't watch any more games.  Now that the streak is over nothing else matters until the tournament. I would hope everyone enjoys the few games they have remaining because the core of this team will be gone when it is over. I really need to go fishing!!!

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5806 on: Feb 20, 2014, 08:13 AM »
Why did they need humbling? This is the most calm down to earth team I have ever seen.  They don't brag, dance, talk, or show boat. It took Ennis hitting a game winning 40 footer to crack a smile. They play hard every game and had the best run in school history. They have had tired legs since the Duke game. It was a lot of extra pressure on them to keep this streak going, and it showed. Their shooting percentage has been bad since the Duke game. If you can criticize this team you are not a fan and shouldn't watch any more games.  Now that the streak is over nothing else matters until the tournament. I would hope everyone enjoys the few games they have remaining because the core of this team will be gone when it is over. I really need to go fishing!!!

Amen!

Offline Zpotter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5807 on: Feb 20, 2014, 08:32 AM »

couldnt of said it any better. havent been out in nearly two weeks, ive got the itch!!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #5808 on: Feb 20, 2014, 08:47 AM »
With all the basketball talk, I cleaned and sharpened all my fillet knives. How's that for confidence! Late ice season is coming up...   @)

Yesterday we sat through a webinar from the National Weather Service regarding the upcoming weather forecast through the 28th of February.  We can expect temperatures to warm up and rain Friday through the weekend.  Snowpack is expected to melt with the warmer temperatures.  No major flooding is expected.  Then the temperatures will drop back down again as an Artic front hovers over our area next week, bringing temperatures back down to 0 degrees.  No major snow fall is forecasted. 
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #5809 on: Feb 20, 2014, 08:59 AM »
With all the basketball talk, I cleaned and sharpened all my fillet knives. How's that for confidence! Late ice season is coming up...   @)

Yesterday we sat through a webinar from the National Weather Service regarding the upcoming weather forecast through the 28th of February.  We can expect temperatures to warm up and rain Friday through the weekend.  Snowpack is expected to melt with the warmer temperatures.  No major flooding is expected.  Then the temperatures will drop back down again as an Artic front hovers over our area next week, bringing temperatures back down to 0 degrees.  No major snow fall is forecasted.

Last few weeks conditions should be near epic out there!! Just make sure your power auger is ready for action!!! MAY have to put extensions on them as well! :o  Sitting out this weekend, gonna be patient while she sets back up...Gonna be a tough wait!!!
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #5810 on: Feb 20, 2014, 09:21 AM »
Last few weeks conditions should be near epic out there!! Just make sure your power auger is ready for action!!! MAY have to put extensions on them as well! :o  Sitting out this weekend, gonna be patient while she sets back up...Gonna be a tough wait!!!

With the Nils with the power head, as long as the ice isn't over 48", I'm good to go! I have the same plans except for "maybe" some small local waters?  ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5811 on: Feb 20, 2014, 09:35 AM »
This is the best CUSE team I think I have ever seen. They are extremely poised. It is good to lose once in a while so you remember what it feels like. Like having a tough day on the ice. This will only make them better in the long run.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5812 on: Feb 20, 2014, 09:47 AM »
The hard freeze last night stiffened up the top layer for easy walking today. I measured 4" of slush covered by 4" of snow. That has settled a lot since Sunday.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #5813 on: Feb 20, 2014, 10:00 AM »
what a nice day to be out there....hope everyone there put your sun screen on ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5814 on: Feb 20, 2014, 10:28 AM »
A couple of you wanted to see some Fl. Black Bass.. this is my PB .... First try at picture from Photobucket so we will see...

Wow...  what a great bass...   Congratulations to you.....   I'm sooooo jealous.....
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5815 on: Feb 20, 2014, 10:42 AM »
Time to drop the hammer, boys.

Don't ask, you'll see.
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #5816 on: Feb 20, 2014, 11:19 AM »
Huge Bass old timer. WTG on your PB ;) I aint used or let alone seen an extention used out on the ice in over 35 years. I was young and out on sandy pond with all the old timers when we used one ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5817 on: Feb 20, 2014, 11:23 AM »
The hard freeze last night stiffened up the top layer for easy walking today. I measured 4" of slush covered by 4" of snow. That has settled a lot since Sunday.

Wow that has come down, she will probably be slick by Sunday. I was liking the snow pack, when I was out Sunday I could only see one other hut. 

I finally picked up my new Delorme PN-60. It's gonna feel like cheating.  I have about 100 points of Oneida in my old GPS, a lot were marking  major structure, then I would have to drill some holes to get where I wanted. This will simplify things, almost makes it too easy.  Pretty soon we'll be sitting on our coach pressing buttons virtual fishing.

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5818 on: Feb 20, 2014, 11:39 AM »
Nice bass Oldtimer!
Follow the bubbles...

Offline Dark Cloud

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5819 on: Feb 20, 2014, 11:55 AM »
Could we please talk about ice-suits, tow-bars, and sharpening knifes... All this stupid b-ball talk made me fall asleep at work...  :nono:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.