New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827217 times)

Offline pooch2543

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH ON!!!!!
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #5370 on: Feb 14, 2014, 11:53 AM »
Looks like fishing is gonna come to a screeching halt for a couple of days.

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #5371 on: Feb 14, 2014, 11:54 AM »
Walking sucks guys. Don't do it. Caught a bunch of dinks. Had some big marks come racing in on the drop then off they went. Nothing worth keeping. Im praying for warm weather to melt this crap.

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5372 on: Feb 14, 2014, 12:05 PM »
make a big circle when you get to your spot and park right back on the track you came in on, this helps gets going in these conditions, no fun wrestling a machine on this stuff. If it's all slush just keep going and put it back on the trailer :woot:

I just talked to a friend of mine, he said the perch fishing on Erie is very good and the whole lake is frozen so no chance of taking a ride either.  I might have to take a road trip.

Offline 600RevX

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #5373 on: Feb 14, 2014, 12:32 PM »
Who would've thought Mother Nature would give us 16+ inches of ice on the whole lake and then gut punch us with this dam snow....I don't wanna bury a sled in this crap so looks like ill hit the honey-do list this weekend and following week- good luck to the rest of you diehards that venture out!
Why work when you can fish?<br />

Offline slymer83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5374 on: Feb 14, 2014, 01:13 PM »
This was my weekend to stay and fish on the lake instead of the 45 minute drive looks like I'll be fishing from the American Legion Stool lol

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #5375 on: Feb 14, 2014, 02:42 PM »
just got home from work. had to put the truck in 4 wheel drive this morning to get in the parking lot. almost 2' in the lot. my driveway had 4' drifts across it. that was fun with the snowblower.

starting to see some dark colored snow on the lake. that's got to be some deep slush. hopefully this warm up will help.   Sully...

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5376 on: Feb 14, 2014, 02:49 PM »
 Gosh...Cameras, fish markers, Huts,heaters, power augers, snowmobiles, 4 wheelers, GPS, and on and on.. Not enough ice, too much ice, not enough snow , too much snow..Too warm Too cold,   Get a pack basket, some snow shoes and go fishing..

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Never Leave Fish to Find Fish
« Reply #5377 on: Feb 14, 2014, 03:06 PM »
make a big circle when you get to your spot and park right back on the track you came in on, this helps gets going in these conditions, no fun wrestling a machine on this stuff. If it's all slush just keep going and put it back on the trailer :woot:

I just talked to a friend of mine, he said the perch fishing on Erie is very good and the whole lake is frozen so no chance of taking a ride either.  I might have to take a road trip.
I just confirmed with a friend of mine also. He has been doing well off sturgeon over 55'. But check there page there was a pic of a crack running all the way to Erie PA that was about a truck with wide.
Gotta Love Those Stripes !!!!!

Offline rapala47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5378 on: Feb 14, 2014, 03:20 PM »
Tough day out of Taft Bay, both with the fishing and the wheeler , only one pin size eye . I did meet some guys from Buffalo that came up for the weekend. Too bad they picked a weekend with all this snow on the lake, they to had a wheeler and was having a tough go of it. There's places that have a lot of slush under the snow that will bring you to a halt, a warm up and then a good freezer is going to be needed before you can travel the lake like we did a week ago.
I have the ability to walk on water....therefore I am!!!

Offline d web

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5379 on: Feb 14, 2014, 03:37 PM »
Another great day on Oneida! We killed one walleye two perch and a thirty pack!  Beats work

Offline powdiddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • what is it ? its fighting like a submarine
« Reply #5380 on: Feb 14, 2014, 03:42 PM »
hey 600revx you mean to tell me you cant tow your stuff out there with that race sled of yours . at 80 + mph you float right over the top  :woot:

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5381 on: Feb 14, 2014, 03:50 PM »
well it was tough going this morning about 16" inches of snow with drifts being a little more , going to be hard on the wheelers it wasn't any picnic pulling a 200 lb load for my sled , but ended up with 18 perch and 1 eye , I quit at 11:30 ,the visibility was zip going out , and not much better coming in , and leaving my shades in the truck wasn't very smart either , and I noticed some wet spots but not real slushy ,but wait till that snow gets some more weight to it , right now water is starting to come out of the holes , but it was nice out except for the slow going

Offline XxFISHN4EYEZxX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5382 on: Feb 14, 2014, 04:19 PM »
So with all this snow on lake would a sled have problems going out? Reason y i ask is Im looking into getting one, and really dont know to much about them. I dont hunt so i really dont have use for a wheeler. i dont mind walking when theres no use for sled, but dont want to worry about getting stuck out there with a wheeler. Any info would help feel free to pm if u want thanks in advance

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #5383 on: Feb 14, 2014, 04:50 PM »
Gosh...Cameras, fish markers, Huts,heaters, power augers, snowmobiles, 4 wheelers, GPS, and on and on.. Not enough ice, too much ice, not enough snow , too much snow..Too warm Too cold,   Get a pack basket, some snow shoes and go fishing..
well put old timer.......we probably are way to reliant on the niceties of life.....we can blame it on our parents ;D.....but in all seriousness I am gonna try a different lake that is smaller and hoof it......watch for the paramedics in Madison county tomorrow :o

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5384 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:23 PM »
well put old timer.......we probably are way to reliant on the niceties of life.....we can blame it on our parents ;D.....but in all seriousness I am gonna try a different lake that is smaller and hoof it......watch for the paramedics in Madison county tomorrow :o
take it easy were not kids anymore well physically anyway, mentally that's another story  :blink:

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #5385 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:28 PM »
take it easy were not kids anymore well physically anyway, mentaly thats another story  :blink:

Physically I have the old man thing down pat! Mentally my sanity is being questioned regularly, still in denial on that issue.... ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5386 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:31 PM »

Physically I have the old man thing down pat! Mentally my sanity is being questioned regularly, still in denial on that issue.... ;D
my wife says I'm getting more child like every day  ;D

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5387 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:32 PM »
take it easy were not kids anymore well physically anyway, mentally that's another story  :blink:
whats that old saying......don't be signing checks with your brain that your body can't cash......the older I get the truer that becomes :'(

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #5388 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:36 PM »

I'll be on Moraine with a buddy tmmrw if you're bored. Down by the dam

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5389 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:39 PM »
I'll be on Moraine with a buddy tmmrw if you're bored. Down by the dam
might try south end caz....gotta hunch

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #5390 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:47 PM »
Haven't heard much about Caz this year. Usually a panfish mecca.

Offline mrwilson60

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5391 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:50 PM »
Well said Oldtimer. I fish in a one man sled/shelter, use a flasher and heater, so, guilty as charged. That being said, I own a pair of snowshoes and think I'll go old school this weekend here in Madison county. I enjoy your posts.
<*)(((((((((><

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5392 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:52 PM »
Another great day on Oneida! We killed one walleye two perch and a thirty pack!  Beats work
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Nice  job  on  the 30  pack, i  wouldn't  be able  to make it off the  lake. Still  beats  work  bye a mile

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5393 on: Feb 14, 2014, 05:55 PM »
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       same here

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5394 on: Feb 14, 2014, 06:01 PM »
Better than her complaining your acting old  ;D
I get that when I'm sore, tired, and want to go to bed.
Hiking in snow dragging gear didn't hurt when I was 25.  Now motrin is in my jig box
  ::)

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5395 on: Feb 14, 2014, 06:02 PM »
Woohoo I got the weekend pass after all the hard work I did today. Cleaned the house polished the floors did the laundry and the dishes. Oh yah even cooked dinner. She knew I was looking for something so she just said yah you can go, so its on next weekend Friday thru Monday sweet. I just hope the warmup doesn't screw it up. If not it will be a nice time to fish with the temps up.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5396 on: Feb 14, 2014, 06:16 PM »
Woohoo I got the weekend pass after all the hard work I did today. Cleaned the house polished the floors did the laundry and the dishes. Oh yah even cooked dinner. She knew I was looking for something so she just said yah you can go, so its on next weekend Friday thru Monday sweet. I just hope the warmup doesn't screw it up. If not it will be a nice time to fish with the temps up.
Hope you have waders  :'( they're scaling back temps a bit. This much snow and temps in the 40s means 4-8" of slush and water.  Sorry not trying to be a downer. Pray for some rain.  Otherwise nasty, then a cold front meaning another 6" of white Ice to drill through. (As predicted by snagger)

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5397 on: Feb 14, 2014, 06:20 PM »
Yah I had Shane look at the forecast for me at the beginning of the week cause I thought I was loosing it when I saw the temps. I might just bring the john boat with me and row out. Not gonna give cause of the weather, the wife usually let's me head up for 2 days not 4 so I got to take advantage of it.

Offline NiceFishDad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5398 on: Feb 14, 2014, 06:23 PM »
Pooch and Racer,
Great fish guys. Went up this am and did ok got into some perch and iced four eyes nothing over 18". Drive up and back makes for a long day.
Fish On!

Offline Icemark247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5399 on: Feb 14, 2014, 07:29 PM »
Some Big eyes pooch nice job!
Hard Water Addict
FISH ON!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.