New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827225 times)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #5190 on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:14 PM »
Hey Shane - which model jacket/coat is that?  See you next week on Oneida.  :)

bomber jacket Phil.

ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5191 on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:18 PM »

my last 2 days have been tough , fished some new areas , I found fish but they were non biters for me anyway , , going is great for sleds and wheelers seem to be getting around ok , the start this morn was -16 , what a wonredful thing propane is  ;)

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5192 on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:32 PM »
Headed to Chaumont with Pooch in the morning.  Always wanted to give it a look.  Don't know much about it other than there's some big walleye.  Should be a fun day.  Gonna learn something new.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5193 on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:37 PM »

you call ahead?  they got 3 foot of snow I heard  Monday...

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #5194 on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:39 PM »
Nah HT's not like that, besides He always has a backup plan.  I was driving on Rt 3 over towards Fulton last night and passed him

(Image removed from quote.)
yep there it is people. when your parents said just say NO to drugs and dont drink the water this it what happens. Bcons drinks the water out of the lake that the meth heads pour down the hole. as this what you get ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) this guy has never been right pooch belive me :P ??? ??? ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5195 on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:50 PM »
Thanks Snagger.

I called Chaumont Hardware this morning and specifically asked about the snow conditions.  I said we would have a wheeler and asked if we would be able to get around.  The guy said no problem and that he was out last night.  I'll be pretty dissapointed if we get there and find out that there's too much snow for the wheeler.  In fact I'll be pretty pissed.  I was very specific in asking just to avoid a problem like this.  I guess we'll see. 

If anyone has current info please share so we don't waste our time and money.

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5196 on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:53 PM »
Yup HT,  Bad things happen when someone drinks the lake water.  Come to Chaumont with us.  When we post photo's of the giant eye's they won't be busting on you anymore.  ha ha.  They'll still probably want a ride though.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5197 on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:53 PM »
Thanks Snagger.

I called Chaumont Hardware this morning and specifically asked about the snow conditions.  I said we would have a wheeler and asked if we would be able to get around.  The guy said no problem and that he was out last night.  I'll be pretty dissapointed if we get there and find out that there's too much snow for the wheeler.  In fact I'll be pretty pissed.  I was very specific in asking just to avoid a problem like this.  I guess we'll see. 

no chamount hardware will know, that was just a rumor around here, because tug got 4 feet just south of watertown in that storm.  how thick did he say the ice was, I remember having too drive our trucks out a good 3 miles just too find ice thin enough too get at without an extention back in 2005.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5198 on: Feb 12, 2014, 03:57 PM »
Yup HT,  Bad things happen when someone drinks the lake water.  Come to Chaumont with us.  When we post photo's of the giant eye's they won't be busting on you anymore.  ha ha.  They'll still probably want a ride though.
gotta work >:(

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5199 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:05 PM »
He's sayng ice mostly 18 inches.  I asked about that too because I don't have an extension for my auger. 

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5200 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:13 PM »
Then what was you guys excuse for finishing 8th or 9th at Sandy Pond? Those "Swigo" county fish just that smart? :whistle:  :P  :P

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5201 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:22 PM »
Then what was you guys excuse for finishing 8th or 9th at Sandy Pond? Those "Swigo" county fish just that smart? :whistle:  :P  :P

just to let you in on a little secret Oneida Lake  is also in Oswego County and Oneida  and it was seventh out of 32 I'll take that ,  the big question I have , those Oneida County fish must be pretty tough to ,  :woot:

Offline rocky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5202 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:23 PM »
Thanks Snagger.

No need for the quad, just drive your truck out. Me and three friends drove out 4.5miles from boat launch with our trucks. Ice was anywhere from 20inches on up.

Offline icecusan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5203 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:36 PM »
I posted a simple question late last night woke up this morning got on site and poof coincidently my question was REMOVED so let me rephrase this question and I wont direct it to a certain individual this time  I have a friend who might be interested in a new suit does anybody out there no of a place (not on the west end of Oneida lake who has a rep he talks to about) either a bait store or a other store who might have a stricker suit in stock so they can look at it before purchasing one
walk on water

Offline PKnotlost

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5204 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:41 PM »

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5205 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:50 PM »
Yes, I saw it Freddie!! That's bcons for you!!! He shouldn't be drinking the Oneida water!!! ;D Told him he was lucky to have finished ahead of us!! ;D
well remember the OLLC always runs as team. and last i looked he finished behind me and coach. and as for the largest perch it was coach that was holding the money in the envelope at the end of the day ;) just saying ;D dont mess with the OLLC. some of the members are retired sandy pond perch junkies from the old days. @)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5206 on: Feb 12, 2014, 04:58 PM »
I posted a simple question late last night woke up this morning got on site and poof coincidently my question was REMOVED so let me rephrase this question and I wont direct it to a certain individual this time  I have a friend who might be interested in a new suit does anybody out there no of a place (not on the west end of Oneida lake who has a rep he talks to about) either a bait store or a other store who might have a stricker suit in stock so they can look at it before purchasing one

All Season Sports has one on display , 298- 6433 but they can call the rep up , he's also local, and it safe to toss me out there if he wishes , I really like my out fit , no complaints so far and I'm in it about 5 days a week   

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5207 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:11 PM »
well remember the OLLC always runs as team. and last i looked he finished behind me and coach. and as for the largest perch it was coach that was holding the money in the envelope at the end of the day ;) just saying ;D dont mess with the OLLC. some of the members are retired sandy pond perch junkies from the old days. @)

From the guy who spent the day before scouting the pond  ::) Ya beat us by 3oz on 20 fish & you did a days worth of homework, I hadn't been on the pond for a year. :P :P :P :P :P

I just wasn't skeered enough to drive up and back just for practice  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #5208 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:12 PM »
Ill chime in on Chaumont. The store up there always gives honest answers. I fished sunday and had the wheeler all iver the bay.  Depending in where hou fish you might need an auger extender. Ice was 30-37 inches.
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5209 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:13 PM »
I'm glad you guys did well , after catching 300 of those things my shoulders were a bit soar

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5210 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:15 PM »
From the guy who spent the day before scouting the pond  ::) Ya beat us by 3oz on 20 fish & you did a days worth of homework, I hadn't been on the pond for a year. :P :P :P :P :P

I just wasn't skeered enough to drive up and back just for practice  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

well it's been over 20 years for me so whats your point  ;D so I guess we didn't due to awfull bad

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5211 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:17 PM »
just to let you in on a little secret Oneida Lake  is also in Oswego County and Oneida  and it was seventh out of 32 I'll take that ,  the big question I have , those Oneida County fish must be pretty tough to :woot:
striped little $#@$ have me ripping out my hair! :%$#!: :%$#!: :unsure: :unsure: Think they're all on the meth that was dumped, paranoid  & refusing to eat.  Ya think the least those dumbwitts could've done was dropped something in the lake that would've given them the munchies instead

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #5212 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:18 PM »
I always fish for those dang weed walleye  :P

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5213 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:21 PM »
Racer and Pooch I just talked to my buddy who lives on the bay.  He has both a snowmobile and a 4 wheeler and has been using the sled.  Thinks it might be a tough go for the wheeler.   I don't know how much I would rely on a Chaumont hardware report, I think I would want to hear from someone more objective.   You might want to go to that thread and PM somebody with a 4 wheeler before heading up.  Just a suggestion.

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5214 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:23 PM »
Thanks for the feedback on Chaumont.  I've always wanted to give it a try but just couldn't tear myself away from Oneida.  Looking forward to a fun day in a new place.  I have an electric lazer.  I wonder if the hardware store up there will have an extension.  I've never seen 30" of ice!

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #5215 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:26 PM »
Took some venison down towards Wiredstone's way today for processing so swung over to Cabelas. Not much ice fishing gear there...picked up a few JR's Lures out of Minnesota. There was a Marcum LX9 in the Bargain Cave for $960 if anyone is interested. Lot of Lowrances in the Cave...not sure what's up with that??
Wayne W.

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Never Leave Fish to Find Fish
« Reply #5216 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:28 PM »
Lowrance is actually revamping the line up again so they are probably a little over stocked and have to move them to make room for the new ones.
Gotta Love Those Stripes !!!!!

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #5217 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:34 PM »
Lowrance is actually revamping the line up again so they are probably a little over stocked and have to move them to make room for the new ones.
That's what I was thinking RG...a lot of them didn't look like returns...more like close outs.
Wayne W.

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5218 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:35 PM »
I also just saw cnyiceboy's report, but I believe they received significant snow since last Sunday.  I love Chaumont, but it's far and expensive to fish if you're coming from Syracuse.  I would hate to see you get up there just to be mired in the snow.

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5219 on: Feb 12, 2014, 05:38 PM »

Yep.....and our envelope was 3 ounces heavier too! :woot:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.