New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827217 times)

Offline pimplepounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #2910 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:17 PM »
i hate to say i hope so cause i hope we have ice til april but would rather cut 12 inches than 24

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #2911 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:28 PM »
hey John just picked up a med-heavy 31" wicked , reelis on order , now I'll just count heads  :o
Get the new Teardrop to go with it Fred??
Wayne W.

Offline Hookinup

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and release ... into the grease!
« Reply #2912 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:43 PM »
New to the lake and gonna try this saturday. Need help with parking. Thought about chapman, but I kinda wanted to be a little west. Like boat launch rd. Or somewhere close to shakelton point. I'll be on foot so no trailer behind my pickup. Pm me if necessary I dont want to burn anyones spot. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance. Good luck be safe

If you want to be close to Shackelton point, you might want to park at the State launch on route 31, about a mile East of Bridgeport. There was a wicked pressure crack that was heaved up high a few weeks ago. Be careful. Probably settled back down by now. The launch will have good parking and is adjacent to Shackelton point. A long walk to Chapman Park from there though. If you want to park at Chapman park...plan on getting there early. Parking has been crazy at almost all locations lately...
Always remember .... they have a brain the size of a pea! How hard can it be? ???

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2913 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:46 PM »
Heres a picture of my girlfriends first limit of eyes in 2014, she is such a trooper and after Saturdays challenge it was one of few things that went right on Saturday.

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
« Reply #2914 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:48 PM »
good going Colleen. Hope you kicked his butt,
kc

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Never Leave Fish to Find Fish
« Reply #2915 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:51 PM »
That is awesome to see a woman out there getting it done way to go. Maybe this will help convince the wife to give it a shot.
Gotta Love Those Stripes !!!!!

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2916 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:54 PM »
Today was a better day not only did we limit on eyes we did well on the perch, and I had the sled this time. To understand why it was impotant for me read my topic on my definition of a true friend and you will understand this. I actually got to pay it forward today with 3 guys struggling like I was yesterday and after 3 trips out and back I got them and all their gear to their truck, they tried to pay me and I just said no but thanks just pay it forward . The eyes were engulfing the rap up until 10am when we had our limit.

Offline eyeguy21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2917 on: Jan 19, 2014, 07:54 PM »
Hey guys! Any tournaments coming up?

Offline WaynefromMaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout and about
« Reply #2918 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:11 PM »
  Nice fish colleen,  Thank's for sharing kowboy
Enjoy the pleasure of others pleasure

Offline bfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2919 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:11 PM »
Thanks for the help gents. Much appreciated. Great fish your gal has kowboy. I see she's wearing an Oneonta sweatshirt. That's where my wife went to college. It's only about 15 minutes from where I live. I think I've seen you two on the salmon river as well. Thanks again to all

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #2920 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:15 PM »

I'm on vacation from work starting today as well. A whole week. Maybe ill see ya out there @)
you wanna get out chief let me know.   Sully...

Offline Locoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2921 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:15 PM »
Heres a picture of my girlfriends first limit of eyes in 2014, she is such a trooper and after Saturdays challenge it was one of few things that went right on Saturday.

Looks like you have 4 keepers there Kowboy!!!!!!! Good go'in!!!!!
><> I was born to be a FISHERMAN !!!! <><

Offline mikerudy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Laker Taker
« Reply #2922 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:17 PM »
Congrats :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Mike
Dream Catcher

Offline VDueslerIV

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FILL THE STRINGER!!!!
« Reply #2923 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:19 PM »
way to go kowboy....nice fishin kowboys gal...
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a shanty, jig and drink beer all day. ”

Offline lakerdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2924 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:22 PM »
Nice limit there knowboy

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2925 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:23 PM »
Todays eyes, wish we could have gotten our picture taken out on the ice but artic couldn't find us as we were in a white out around 4pm. Man what a 2hr ride home

Offline VDueslerIV

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FILL THE STRINGER!!!!
« Reply #2926 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:27 PM »
man i gotta learn to fish this lake hope tomoroow will be a good bite for me and the guys i am goinn with..way to go today kowboy....
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a shanty, jig and drink beer all day. ”

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2927 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:28 PM »
KC she got me on Saturday forsure on keepers, but today was adifferent story. She says thanks guys for all the congrats she really does work hard for her fish and she definetly puts in the time, as I said she is atrooper.

Offline Locoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2928 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:32 PM »
KC she got me on Saturday forsure on keepers, but today was adifferent story. She says thanks guys for all the congrats she really does work hard for her fish and she definetly puts in the time, as I said she is atrooper.

I'm reitring in a few weeks. Gotta find me a gal like that!!!!!!
><> I was born to be a FISHERMAN !!!! <><

Offline missfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy fishy...
« Reply #2929 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:33 PM »
I too saw the emergency vehicles at Lewis Point Friday night.  There was some talk about a man going through.  Has this been confirmed?  Does anyone have any details?
never seen anything on the news so I guess that's good

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #2930 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:36 PM »
  Nice fish colleen,  Thank's for sharing kowboy
X2!
Wayne W.

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2931 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:51 PM »
Nice fish Team Kowboy!

Did not fish today, but got a lot done around the house.  Cleaned yesterday's fish (all 4 of them), finished building 3 rods and made a smitty sled...along with some other stuff, but none of that stuff was any fun.

I was asking about the bleeding of the fish because I generally do it for 'eyes in the livewell but never on the ice.  I just throw the fish in a dry pail - makes a mess dry.  To be honest, I don't know if I can taste the difference, but they sure do look a lot better.  Probably keep longer too. 

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #2932 on: Jan 19, 2014, 08:58 PM »
Nice fish Team Kowboy!

Did not fish today, but got a lot done around the house.  Cleaned yesterday's fish (all 4 of them), finished building 3 rods and made a smitty sled...along with some other stuff, but none of that stuff was any fun.

I was asking about the bleeding of the fish because I generally do it for 'eyes in the livewell but never on the ice.  I just throw the fish in a dry pail - makes a mess dry.  To be honest, I don't know if I can taste the difference, but they sure do look a lot better.  Probably keep longer too.
IMPO there is no difference, just a bloody spot on the ice so people can see where you fished.

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #2933 on: Jan 19, 2014, 09:13 PM »
hey John just picked up a med-heavy 31" wicked , reelis on order , now I'll just count heads  :o

Good stuff brother! You will be even more deadly! If that's possible!
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2934 on: Jan 19, 2014, 09:43 PM »
Nice fish Team Kowboy!

Yeah I just take my bucket and drop some water in it.  Before I bleed them out.  I do my perch also it takes 2 sec.  Its all part of my set up process.  I prefer to do it.  I guess its all personal preference.  Just not as messy cleaning. 

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #2935 on: Jan 20, 2014, 03:13 AM »
nice job koyboy ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2936 on: Jan 20, 2014, 04:54 AM »
I usually snip a gill if I am bleeding a fish. But in the case of eyes and perch, I do not feel it is neccessary. Basically Usually want to get back down the hole as soon as possible.  Here is another question - why in the world would people leave fish they don't want on the ice? Came across a good size pickeral in fron of Apps the other day right next to the hole and I bet he didn't get there by jumping out of the hole. I saw him move a bit and put him back.  It looked like he made it. I know some guys cringe at the thought of another live pickeral in Oneida but there seems to be one healthy balance of fish in this lake with them in.

Offline iceman13166

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2937 on: Jan 20, 2014, 05:29 AM »
Went out of chapmans by myself yesterday and almost had to call upon my fellow iceshanty members for a ride back in.  I'll admit I'm a bit out of shape but pulling a 2 man clam in that snow with no traction underneath I thought I was gonna have a heart attack.  I had to stop a few times but made it.  Now I know if I can't get the wheeler fixed to tow my shanty I guess I can't go fishing anymore.  I only walked out as far as I had to in order to reach 22fow and set up my camp.  Drilled 2 holes and sat on top of some perch.  Caught a nice 14" and another 8 or so 9"'s then the rest were dinks.  Then about 2pm I had fish that I was marking and would follow the lure but couldn't get them to commit.  Walleye's maybe?  I don't know I gave up then.  Was using cast masters and puppet minnows.  The Rapala caught a couple perch as well. 

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #2938 on: Jan 20, 2014, 05:30 AM »
Walleye bite was hot today.  21 keeper eyes, 12 short, and 11 perch.  26 fow mainly on kast masters.

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice catch S10.

Offline kingfisher22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2939 on: Jan 20, 2014, 05:42 AM »
I usually snip a gill if I am bleeding a fish. But in the case of eyes and perch, I do not feel it is neccessary. Basically Usually want to get back down the hole as soon as possible.  Here is another question - why in the world would people leave fish they don't want on the ice? Came across a good size pickeral in fron of Apps the other day right next to the hole and I bet he didn't get there by jumping out of the hole. I saw him move a bit and put him back.  It looked like he made it. I know some guys cringe at the thought of another live pickeral in Oneida but there seems to be one healthy balance of fish in this lake with them in.

Very good question.  I guess the same reason people leave their trash on the ice.  We (hunters and fisherman) are our own worst enemy in the public relations department.  By "we" I certainly don't mean all of us, but it only takes a few to taint everyone.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.