New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827221 times)

Offline RTXGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #2610 on: Jan 17, 2014, 06:13 AM »
         After last nights bloodbath, had too fish Oneida again, went straight too where we left off, but the bite was tough, barely squeeked out a limit by 10,am, so we decided we were wasting valuable perch time, got set up for perch around 1030 and had off and on bonanzas all afternoon, no bite at dark or I would of got my limit, I Grabbed 40 jumbos myself on jiggin raps, one that topped out at 14 inches.....the boys piled them up as well, not sure on numbers, but a good pile of fish for everyone, really gorgeous day today, a little too much sun actually, perch got funky mid day for a bit, but eyes filled the gap, I grabbed 8 of those as well.... Ice hardened and built all day hazards are now hard. Heres a picture from about 2 pm, we added too the perch piles after that.

My friend Brian.

Me and my buddy Hamilton

14 inch jolopy.

!

Tonights sunset

Nice job on the fish and pics guys ;)  Looks like the Lowrance is back up and still working good  ;D

Offline iceman13166

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2611 on: Jan 17, 2014, 06:41 AM »
Planning on headed up tomorrow morning.  Could use some input.  Debating on going out from William Park, Chapman Park, South Shore launch, Cleveland or out from Apps.  Which would be best to get on ice with a 4 wheeler and also to possibly ice my first walleye.  PM's are greatly appreciated to keep this on the down low.

Offline zackblain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2612 on: Jan 17, 2014, 06:57 AM »
fished oneida for the first time weds and thursday with 2 buddies. Wednesday we looked around a bit for eyes off constantia and couldn't find anything. Marked a few fish but couldn't get them to go. Found some perch towards the end of the day in 24'. Fished those same perch for about 6 hours yesterday and ended up bringing home about 25 fish, biggest being about 12.5''. Never realized how big that lake is, you guys that consistently catch fish on that lake must put in some serious hours. Can't wait to get back up there but next time we'll be bringing a machine and a gps with a map chip for sure.

Offline scottcny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2613 on: Jan 17, 2014, 07:21 AM »
How is chapman looking for the weekend? what is the condition of the pressure crack out there by the pier?

Offline The Lunker God

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2614 on: Jan 17, 2014, 07:37 AM »
Hey guys, lookin to go to the North Shore tomorrow morning, how's the perch bite?  I heard its been not too bad! How much ice is on the North Shore too? Last weekend it was around 9-11 inches where I was. Just wanted to make sure, because of the temperature roller coaster!!   ;D

Offline flatironfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2615 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:05 AM »
How's the ice off Lewis? Itching to get up there this weekend!!

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2616 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:20 AM »
Hi guys I was wondering I hear alot of talk about barometer on here, what is considered good numbers when you guys say your going to kill them? Its not going to stop me from going fishing on the bad barometer days (a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work)  but was just curious as Im trying to learn all the time

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #2617 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:50 AM »
A huge thanks to Recordbreaker for the shanty !!!!!!!!!!! the kids are going to love it !!   Sully...

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2618 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:56 AM »
Hey guys, I'm planning on getting out this weekend but I'm undecided on where to go.  I'm mainly going out for perch but I wouldn't mind getting walleye either.  The options are Williams and Chapman Park.  I haven't been to Williams before but have read some positive reports about it. I've been to Chapman Park a few times now and have fished quite a few spots and different depths with little luck.

I know some of you will say the north shore, but I'm currently limited to those two spots for now.  Which spot do you think is the best one to try?  Thanks in advance.

Offline CrappieAttitude

• IceShanty Rookie
  • golly thats good
« Reply #2619 on: Jan 17, 2014, 09:02 AM »
Both of those spots will have fish. I've fished both this year and have not been able to get into the same size fish at Williams that I have at Chapman.  Should be able to pick up some bonus eyes at either place as well.
Take it for what it's worth

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2620 on: Jan 17, 2014, 09:03 AM »
Hi guys I was wondering I hear alot of talk about barometer on here, what is considered good numbers when you guys say your going to kill them? Its not going to stop me from going fishing on the bad barometer days (a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work)  but was just curious as Im trying to learn all the time
Well, if you go to Google, and search for "barometer readings and fishing", you will have a wealth of information - some is good and professional reading.

For instance - http://insideline.net/index.php/feature-weather/175-feature-pressure

Offline missfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • here fishy fishy...
« Reply #2621 on: Jan 17, 2014, 09:11 AM »
Just wanted to let whomever know I found a tool kit bag for a clam shelter at Lewis point hung it on the iron fence if its your ,your welcome if it's not leave it for the guy that owns it.

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2622 on: Jan 17, 2014, 09:21 AM »
thanks fishforpike that was a good read

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #2623 on: Jan 17, 2014, 09:24 AM »
I know.  It is hard to believe some of the numbers you see posted on here sometimes...until you do it yourself (or in my case, see the guy next to you do it). 
That being said, the smart money is on he did actually catch them.  Going to be tough to post a picture of 50 walleyes with a limit of 3.  If he takes a picture of every fish caught, he won't have time to catch 50.  Nice job Stickbow, and everyone else!

I really did! I took a lot of pics! They were biting like dink perch on spikes. It was crazy. Most of them were around the 12" range. But still...blew my mind. I wish I had a witness. I'm going back out tmmrw!

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #2624 on: Jan 17, 2014, 09:25 AM »
How's the ice off Lewis? Itching to get up there this weekend!!

It's fantastic. Solid 8 or 9 inches yesterday. Probably thicker now

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2625 on: Jan 17, 2014, 09:29 AM »
thanks fishforpike that was a good read

;D  SO - if you get the right barometer, frontal system moving the right way, fair weather leaving, poor weather approaching, the speed the systems are moving, the stars, moon, sun and earth all lined up ------  it's time to go fishing.  ;D

My own "feelings", if the barometer is falling - slowly - it's all good.  It's always good to get out, some days are just better than others.  I like 'em all.
Oh!, and don't forget the wind direction.  ;)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #2626 on: Jan 17, 2014, 09:38 AM »

Bad barometer, good barometer, makes no difference, only difference to guys who understand that stuff, is they know they got a tough day ahead of them on certain days, almost wish I didn't know about weather sometimes, yesterdays full out sun slowed the bite mid day, but it was really nice, much better than 20 mph winds...Oneida "blitz" got too love them when they come, makes up for the hours of searching or fishing dead holes.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline WaynefromMaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout and about
« Reply #2627 on: Jan 17, 2014, 09:55 AM »
  You are a true diehard shane. Glad to see your having fun..  Be safe bud..  Havn't seen many pic's of HT.  Oh that's rite that darn work thing.
Enjoy the pleasure of others pleasure

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2628 on: Jan 17, 2014, 10:00 AM »
Hey guys hate to sound like a rook, but I have not had the chance to get out in over a week. I have been really busy lately. I was just wondering if any of you guys could give me a report on the water clarity out from Lewis?.. I might be able to get out on Sunday for the day but I don't want to drive that far to find murky water from all if the run off. Thanks for the help.

Chief
It'll eat.

Offline Fishy167

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2629 on: Jan 17, 2014, 10:20 AM »
Hey, SNAGGER thanks for the reply  your pm box is full.    GREAT fishing to you and here fishy fishy  Thanks again fishy167

Offline LOA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2630 on: Jan 17, 2014, 10:54 AM »
How is chapman looking for the weekend? what is the condition of the pressure crack out there by the pier?

It was watery when i left this morning at 11am. When i crossed it at daylight it was solid.... Not sure i would want to drive across it. I crossed a board over the crack right by the pier.

Slow morning... lots of smallies caught around me, multiple lookers, lost a couplel fish and got two perch... 29' of water

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #2631 on: Jan 17, 2014, 11:07 AM »
Hey guys hate to sound like a rook, but I have not had the chance to get out in over a week. I have been really busy lately. I was just wondering if any of you guys could give me a report on the water clarity out from Lewis?.. I might be able to get out on Sunday for the day but I don't want to drive that far to find murky water from all if the run off. Thanks for the help.

Chief
Like me and Freddie did on monday ??? ??? yep ended up driving all the way around the whole lake by the time I got home ???
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #2632 on: Jan 17, 2014, 11:13 AM »
  You are a true diehard shane. Glad to see your having fun..  Be safe bud..  Havn't seen many pic's of HT.  Oh that's rite that darn work thing.
yes this work thing sucks. can only fish on the weekends and mother nature was not nice to me last weekend :P but I don't give up easy ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline WaynefromMaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout and about
« Reply #2633 on: Jan 17, 2014, 12:07 PM »
but I don't give up easy ;)
  I like that attitude HT.
Enjoy the pleasure of others pleasure

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2634 on: Jan 17, 2014, 12:39 PM »

Bad barometer, good barometer, makes no difference, only difference to guys who understand that stuff, is they know they got a tough day ahead of them on certain days, almost wish I didn't know about weather sometimes, yesterdays full out sun slowed the bite mid day, but it was really nice, much better than 20 mph winds...Oneida "blitz" got too love them when they come, makes up for the hours of searching or fishing dead holes.

It's all part of the "game"; if you want it to be.  ;)

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2635 on: Jan 17, 2014, 01:13 PM »
It's fantastic. Solid 8 or 9 inches yesterday. Probably thicker now
Good to hear! Hoping to get out on Sunday.  Any bait shops open on Sundays?

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #2636 on: Jan 17, 2014, 01:20 PM »
Good to hear! Hoping to get out on Sunday.  Any bait shops open on Sundays?
Bartell Rd. bait and tackle....Brewerton... .great bait and even better people   opens @ 6 am I believe

Offline braz315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2637 on: Jan 17, 2014, 01:23 PM »
Always enjoy reading about how weather matches up with the bite.  Any reading suggestions to better understand the barometer?  Have read a little bit in some books but not too specific.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2638 on: Jan 17, 2014, 01:25 PM »
I just checked the Marion Manor website, and they are open on Sundays. They open at 7am.

Offline wrestledad

• IceShanty Rookie
  • vol fire fighter/emt
« Reply #2639 on: Jan 17, 2014, 01:29 PM »
Hey Guys looking  for some help plz    I plan on going out tomorrow   I am a walker  will probably go out on north shore  question is between taft,apps or godfrey  which is the shortest walk to get to walleye dept  and which is best bet to find some  thanks for any advice
Bill

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.