New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827220 times)

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #1560 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:14 AM »
It's raining pretty good right now. That should knock most of that snow down and freeze it good. Maybe we can take advantage of a few cold nights and build some more ice. Then we get another warm up next weekend?

I like this pattern...  ;D
I heard the rain on the tin roof and smiled this morning Bruce ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I might be getting old because the drag yesterday has me sore today.....

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1561 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:16 AM »
Good job on the perch an eyes DD.  Dragging through that snows makes the beers taste better. Lol
Sure does.... Tho that's about all ... Man it sucked :o :o

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1562 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:23 AM »
Nice job HT !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #1563 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:42 AM »
man is it pouring out. I hope it melts all of that snow off the ice before this cold spell comes in ;D man some of those eyes were running pretty big over the weekend!
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Yankee Troller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1564 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:44 AM »
Oneida smoked us yesterday, and I aint afraid to admit it. The drag was pretty bad too! Think we could have done better if we had a machine of some sorts to move around. Fished Jewel yesterday and managed 6 keepers between 6 of us and quite a few shorts. A little Perch action, but no donkeys. Tried another spot in the afternoon further West, don't know the name of it, and managed 3 more keepers between 6 of us, and a few that didn't make it to the hole. Marked a ton all day, but they were lookers and not takers. Went through a lot of tackle to try and figure them out, but what a humbling day.

Bay of Quinte this weekend, but I'll be back the following weekend.
Clam Pro & Yukon TC
Humminbird ICE55 & ICE HELIX 7
Thorne Bros Custom Ice Rods - Quiverstick, Power Noodle, Perch Sweetheart, Med Walleye Sweetheart, MH Walleye Sweetheart, and Deadstick
Daiwa Laguna Reels
Strikemaster 10" Lazer Pro & 6" Lazer
Ice Fishing Innovations Rod Locker

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1565 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:45 AM »
Nice job HT! Is that an empty 30 rack box those eyes are on?!!  ;D
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #1566 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:45 AM »
Nice work H.T. !
Wayne W.

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1567 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:53 AM »
Oneida smoked us yesterday, and I aint afraid to admit it. The drag was pretty bad too! Think we could have done better if we had a machine of some sorts to move around. Fished Jewel yesterday and managed 6 keepers between 6 of us and quite a few shorts. A little Perch action, but no donkeys. Tried another spot in the afternoon further West, don't know the name of it, and managed 3 more keepers between 6 of us, and a few that didn't make it to the hole. Marked a ton all day, but they were lookers and not takers. Went through a lot of tackle to try and figure them out, but what a humbling day.

good luck on the bay post some pics of those slobs up there please !!!

Offline Pman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1568 on: Jan 06, 2014, 05:54 AM »
Great job on the fish everyone. Sounds like the lake was on fire! Grounded this weekend, hope to make it out mid-week.

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1569 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:00 AM »
Did really good on the eyes saturday and sunday. i ended up with 30 keeper eyes for the day and a half ;) the snow made for hard walking . thanks god i got a ride out.

Oh nice dont mention you played with Stormy and Adam and gave you the good spot  :whistle:

Had a blast brother .....

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline PerchEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "eyes" have it!
« Reply #1570 on: Jan 06, 2014, 06:41 AM »

Yankee,
I'd be interested in a BOQ report.
I've haven't been up there for  close to 5 years now.
Although, the way the walleye bite has been so far on Oneida this year I don't mind waiting...
PerchEyes

The tug is the drug.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1571 on: Jan 06, 2014, 07:25 AM »
Don't know if you were IS members but thank you for jumping my truck on Sat. @ Lewis Point.

Offline Yankee Troller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1572 on: Jan 06, 2014, 07:28 AM »
Yankee,
I'd be interested in a BOQ report.
I've haven't been up there for  close to 5 years now.
Although, the way the walleye bite has been so far on Oneida this year I don't mind waiting...
PerchEyes

Shoot me a PM Monday I'll let ya know. I hear ya on the Oneida bite, but Oneida doesn't give up 10+ pound brutes!
Clam Pro & Yukon TC
Thorne Bros Custom Ice Rods - Quiverstick, Power Noodle, Perch Sweetheart, Med Walleye Sweetheart, MH Walleye Sweetheart, and Deadstick
Daiwa Laguna Reels

Offline Iceydan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chief of the Fugowie tribe
« Reply #1573 on: Jan 06, 2014, 07:35 AM »
Seriously??!! A truck through the ice at Williams beach?? We have barely enough ice for sleds and ATV's and someone wants to drive a truck out there and put peoples lives at risk. Glad I wasn't there to see it. Use your head man.  Maybe it was the BUD Light syndrome either way someone could get seriously hurt. Maybe it will be costly enough in a monetary way that someone will have learned a lesson. Hope everyone was OK!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1574 on: Jan 06, 2014, 07:40 AM »
My son Chris (caddis) had a stroke yesterday. He is ok but very weak. I have to get him out ice fishing soon. To much work not enough play. 25 yrs old. that is screwed up.

sorry to hear wire

Offline klauricella

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1575 on: Jan 06, 2014, 07:48 AM »
Seriously??!! A truck through the ice at Williams beach?? We have barely enough ice for sleds and ATV's and someone wants to drive a truck out there and put peoples lives at risk. Glad I wasn't there to see it. Use your head man.  Maybe it was the BUD Light syndrome either way someone could get seriously hurt. Maybe it will be costly enough in a monetary way that someone will have learned a lesson. Hope everyone was OK!

From what I heard it was some of the above and a twenty dollar bet. To be young and stupid again.

Kevin

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1576 on: Jan 06, 2014, 08:05 AM »
Broke my Oneida lake cherry yesterday. With help from the forum I landed my first Oneida lake eye ball out of the north shore. A nice fat 18". Brother in law and I ended the day with 3 keeper eyes and 7 GIANT perch all over 12 inches. We fished dark to dark and then filleted them and ate them All last night. Thanks for a the help guys!!!!

Offline Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1577 on: Jan 06, 2014, 08:09 AM »
wow guys aweful nice catches. and to say this lake is on fire is an understatement. I wanted to say how great it was to meet so many of you this weekend. our shop was incredibly busy and the stories i've been hearing are awesome. I look forward to meeting more of you as the season progresses. got alot of new merchandise coming this week as well as replacements for what is gone. again nice job everyone and thank you for your patrionage
Local Shop with Local Knowledge

Phone   (315) 676-2144
Website  https://www.facebook.com/BartelRdBaitTackle

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #1578 on: Jan 06, 2014, 08:36 AM »
on the north shore web cam it looks like the rain and warm wind knocked the snow down to nothin....a massive freeze up the next 2 days should make it even better than it was ;D.....heard they had to cut the ice all the way to shore to get that idiots truck and excavater out of williams....not sure if thats true or not.....people better pay attention to that for a while if so.....what an idiot.or did I already say that @)

Offline Ice Beard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1579 on: Jan 06, 2014, 08:37 AM »
Don't know if you were IS members but thank you for jumping my truck on Sat. @ Lewis Point.

That was me...and you are most welcome.  I hope you made it home OK!

Cheers,
Ice Beard

Offline jrhsportster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1580 on: Jan 06, 2014, 08:49 AM »
Awesome guys! those are some great yellows, I cant imagine having a day with those numbers.

Offline timdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1581 on: Jan 06, 2014, 09:04 AM »
My son Chris (caddis) had a stroke yesterday. He is ok but very weak. I have to get him out ice fishing soon. To much work not enough play. 25 yrs old. that is screwed up.
   Prayers sent for a speedy recovery

Offline jinx5784

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1582 on: Jan 06, 2014, 09:13 AM »
So ice is plenty thick to take fourwheeler out there?

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #1583 on: Jan 06, 2014, 09:34 AM »
So ice is plenty thick to take fourwheeler out there?
good to go.....still use caution around pressure cracks and sort....should be better by the end of the week

Offline hitechmike

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Its not about catching fish. Its about living
« Reply #1584 on: Jan 06, 2014, 09:45 AM »

If only you good launch your boat on the ice Yankee :-) .  Im all too familiar with your reports from lake Ontario. Didn't think Id ever see a day that I would have a better day then you on any water...frozen or not.
Some buddies and I are trying to  plan a Quinte trip.  Would love a report.
Good luck bro

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1585 on: Jan 06, 2014, 09:49 AM »
Sorry to hear about your son Wired...hope he get's back to 100 % real soon.
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline dedminnowz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1586 on: Jan 06, 2014, 09:52 AM »
prayers for a quick recovery Wired...

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #1587 on: Jan 06, 2014, 10:02 AM »
all the snow is now slush ;D, and it is 32 degrees now. we will have at least a foot of ice, or more when this freezes up if the snow stays away for a couple days.   Sully...

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1588 on: Jan 06, 2014, 10:05 AM »
Insanely HOT Oneida walleye bite.. Bordering on Ridiculous at times it seems.... We know there are many hundred thousand  walleyes living in there, but I never thought i would see such crazy numbers and size like this being hooked and landed through the ice. East end, West end, South shore, North shore, Dawn , Dusk, mid-morning,late morning, noon, all afternoon....amazing stuff. Great job everyone..and continued goog luck to all.
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline Yankee Troller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1589 on: Jan 06, 2014, 10:24 AM »
If only you good launch your boat on the ice Yankee :-) .  Im all too familiar with your reports from lake Ontario. Didn't think Id ever see a day that I would have a better day then you on any water...frozen or not.
Some buddies and I are trying to  plan a Quinte trip.  Would love a report.
Good luck bro

I'm honest in my reporting! Sometimes ya get them, and sometimes ya don't. Walleye fishing on ice is a new game to me. Only my second season, but it's addicting! Good job on getting them, and I'll try to not let you down in the future!

PM me if you need any info or tips on Qunite.
Clam Pro & Yukon TC
Daiwa Laguna Reels

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.