New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827233 times)

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #330 on: Dec 09, 2013, 04:47 PM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :woot: :clap:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #331 on: Dec 09, 2013, 05:50 PM »
That's good news :afro: thank you August

Offline Iceydan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chief of the Fugowie tribe
« Reply #332 on: Dec 10, 2013, 04:41 AM »
I guess I didn't fish at Lewis as much as I thought because although I saw some parking issues and picked up a few things left on the ground I didn't see the ammnt of trash and people acting foolishly as some of you did. All you can do is give people the info. the problem with today "sportsmen" is the entitlement factor and surprisingly its not age specific. The few things I did see left behind were by people my age 50plus. It just didnt seem to be something that I saw as really destructive. I didn't see anyone getting their lawn torn up but believe me I would have said something if I had. I hope it stays open but it is everyones responsibility to make it happen even if that means picking up after a few a holes haha

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #333 on: Dec 10, 2013, 05:04 AM »
Was gonna make trip up for some duck hunting this week and was wondering if i could get a report of the lake condition as far a ice.  is there any along the shore?  thanks

There is no ice yet but with the upcoming temps it should freeze up some bays soon.

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #334 on: Dec 10, 2013, 06:12 AM »
I have never fished out of Lewis but I may like to someday hopefully.  In fact Filet and others on here know I don't make it up to fish at all as much as I would like.  That being said, I would still come up and fore go my fishing to sit there and catch these idiots and take pictures or whatever to prosecute these dumb nuts.  I have a low tolerance for stupidity and ignorance!  You are never going to talk ethics into them...you have to make them pay.  Keep that in mind AW.  I'm willing to help.  Some people just don't realize what a great resource we have there.
Wayne W.

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #335 on: Dec 10, 2013, 06:17 AM »
I guess I didn't fish at Lewis as much as I thought because although I saw some parking issues and picked up a few things left on the ground I didn't see the ammnt of trash and people acting foolishly as some of you did. All you can do is give people the info. the problem with today "sportsmen" is the entitlement factor and surprisingly its not age specific. The few things I did see left behind were by people my age 50plus. It just didnt seem to be something that I saw as really destructive. I didn't see anyone getting their lawn torn up but believe me I would have said something if I had. I hope it stays open but it is everyones responsibility to make it happen even if that means picking up after a few a holes haha
Late in the season it was pretty bad. Always gets bad when places to get on the ice get limited and the daytime temps go up with no snow on the ground.

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #336 on: Dec 10, 2013, 10:04 PM »
The access will be open is all I said...let's just be responsible and be good patrons of a gift to all of us ;)
I can remember when the boat launch at Lewis was free...let's keep this one free too :icefish:

AW

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #337 on: Dec 10, 2013, 10:48 PM »
The access will be open is all I said...let's just be responsible and be good patrons of a gift to all of us ;)
I can remember when the boat launch at Lewis was free...let's keep this one free too :icefish:

AW

Thanks AW. Good to hear its gonna stay open for now. It's a great spot.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #338 on: Dec 11, 2013, 05:08 AM »
The 7 day forecast is looking good. We should get at least a couple nights in the single digits to get the ball rolling...

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #339 on: Dec 11, 2013, 05:09 AM »
The 7 day forecast is looking good. We should get at least a couple nights in the single digits to get the ball rolling...
Just hope the wind lays down, and Snagger keeps all his snow in Altmar  ;D

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #340 on: Dec 11, 2013, 07:45 AM »
Just hope the wind lays down, and Snagger keeps all his snow in Altmar  ;D

Some bays were froze up on my way to work even with this wind...

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #341 on: Dec 11, 2013, 07:57 AM »
Some bays were froze up on my way to work even with this wind...

Yes, and there's a good bit of slush on the oneidalakeview cam, the water is cold. When the wind lays down, game on.

Offline salmonseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #342 on: Dec 11, 2013, 08:05 AM »
ohhhh.... i cant wait to get back on Oneida, had a good year out there last year!
I think, therefore I fish....

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #343 on: Dec 11, 2013, 08:16 AM »
Hey guys, I fish Oneida quite a bit for perch and 'eyes but usually stick to deep water areas.  I have never been too interested in Big Bay but hear it's not just a spot for sunnies like I thought. I am thinking about trying it once we get early ice and would like to get any advice about how to fish the area.  Any advice I could get would be very much appreciated!  I am more than willing to share spots I usually go to on the lake, Thanks!

Offline icecutter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #344 on: Dec 11, 2013, 10:55 AM »
Greetings all. I see the Oneida diehards are already hard at work posting. Weather forcast looking good, hopefully before the 1st of the year??

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #345 on: Dec 11, 2013, 11:14 AM »

AW

I miss that launch, that was a nice place to put in. 

This cold weather is looking good, can't wait to get on top!

Shane good talking to you yesterday, I think you might have something with that secret conconction you are working on. 

Offline Looper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #346 on: Dec 11, 2013, 12:13 PM »
Late in the season it was pretty bad. Always gets bad when places to get on the ice get limited and the daytime temps go up with no snow on the ground.

I have a camp on the south shore near Lewis Point and it did get pretty busy around February.  I hope people will be more careful this year.

I think things will freeze up soon.  The wind is splashing a lot of water up on shore and it's freezing on the rocks.  It looks cool.  :-)

L

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #347 on: Dec 11, 2013, 04:00 PM »
Hey guys, I fish Oneida quite a bit for perch and 'eyes but usually stick to deep water areas.  I have never been too interested in Big Bay but hear it's not just a spot for sunnies like I thought. I am thinking about trying it once we get early ice and would like to get any advice about how to fish the area.  Any advice I could get would be very much appreciated!  I am more than willing to share spots I usually go to on the lake, Thanks!
I fish BB a lot, and here is my take. There is 4 species of fish you can expect to catch on a regular basis; Pumpkinseed Sunfish, my fav.... Bluegill, Crappie to a lesser degree, and Bass. If you want to target Pike there are Slobs there but don't expect too much action, and use huge minnows to deter the Pickeral.... I didn't list them out of spite.... No matter what you target you will catch them from 12-20 inches. Stay away from the main lake in that area due to current and sketchy ice. Catty Jigs rule the bay, and I have tried several options, the Caty is king with spikes. Good luck bud ;) 

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #348 on: Dec 11, 2013, 04:31 PM »
I too fish BB a lot. Very good. One of my favorite spots to fish for pannies. There are some absolute monster flat fish in there. I did very well out there last year when the shoreline was shot and you couldn't get out without getting waders on first to get onto the ice. Water was muddy and the crappies were hungry that week! Can't wait to get out there again this year. When it's ready to roll lets get out there DD
It'll eat.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #349 on: Dec 11, 2013, 04:52 PM »
Here are a few pics of last season out there

49 gills 15 crappies. Coulda limited on both that way but had to work later in the day...

15 and 15 1/2 inchers. My biggest before the day was 14 3/4". Broke it twice that day!

It'll eat.

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #350 on: Dec 11, 2013, 04:58 PM »
somebodies a boss  :bow: :bow:
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #351 on: Dec 11, 2013, 05:06 PM »
you did well on those last year Andrew ;D
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #352 on: Dec 11, 2013, 05:19 PM »

you don't need to share , the gills are nice and the first ice craps can be well over 12" if your lucky enough to get on them

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #353 on: Dec 11, 2013, 06:52 PM »
I will be back the 31st. Hint,hint  ;D

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #354 on: Dec 11, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Thanks for the posts, I'll have to give it a try this year.  Any good fishing there after dark for crappies?

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #355 on: Dec 11, 2013, 07:18 PM »
Crappie fishing always gets worse after dark  :nono: :nono: :nono:

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #356 on: Dec 11, 2013, 08:25 PM »
Thanks for the posts, I'll have to give it a try this year.  Any good fishing there after dark for crappies?
After dark?  :woot:  Bad things happen on the ice after dark  :o

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #357 on: Dec 11, 2013, 09:08 PM »
After dark?  :woot:  Bad things happen on the ice after dark  :o

This is as cliche as u can get but "the freaks come out at night" :afro:

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #358 on: Dec 11, 2013, 11:44 PM »
To be honest, for some reason I have always done better with the crappies there from first light til about 10 am...I've only tried it after dark about 5 or 6 times there but from my experience I've done better first light and the first few hrs afterwards...this is the one of the few spot this holds true to though however...
It'll eat.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #359 on: Dec 12, 2013, 04:20 AM »

great place  best time  USUALLY   first  light  and   just  before  night  fall  ....hint  make  sure  your truck is  locked   ,nothing in the  back and  keep a  eye on your stuff  on the ice !

dots  has  the  caty  jig and spikes  down  right!

catch  your still  showing of the  pic  of the  fish i gave you???? lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.