New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827231 times)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #300 on: Dec 08, 2013, 03:22 PM »
Rumor has it that your going to have BIG competition in those fish departments this ice season Freddie!!! :whistle: :afro: :icefish:
this says it all  ;)

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #301 on: Dec 08, 2013, 03:28 PM »
yep. here we go again. cabin fever along with waiting for ice to come and everyone is going nuts again.  :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :-* :woot: :afro: >:D :clap:
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Ace94mp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #302 on: Dec 08, 2013, 03:36 PM »
After wondering what the heck Stormy was talking about on fb 'shanty names' for about a month....I am here. 

I am officially losing my mind...ice can't come soon enough.

-Brian Bear.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #303 on: Dec 08, 2013, 03:51 PM »

well here is my take on Lewis point I wouldn't blame them for closing it , where do I start , they tore down the caution tape and drove on the lawn and made a mess of the lawn and there was overnight camping and there is a sign that says no over night camping , I picked up lots of garbage and one morning I picked up some drug paraphernalia now it may not sound like a big deal ,but we are not the ones that have to fix things in the spring , but I'm only one trash picker there, I'm sure there were others  , I only used it till I could run from the north  shore to south with the sled , and there was a couple of times , the actual parking area was full so I left to find another access , August West is a little more in the know on the parking situation

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #304 on: Dec 08, 2013, 04:15 PM »
There's a little word that most of us had drilled into us as children...RESPECT!! Goes a long way....unfortunatley, some didn't get that word drilled into them. Those are the ones that we have to clean up after to keep access areas open for OUR use. Seems as though that Mommy doesn't follow them around to pick up after them. If I find or see someone dis-respecting something that was given for OUR use...I'll be sure to drill them with the word RESPECT.

Thanks to all who do their part to keep OUR accesses/environment clean.  :thumbsup:--KP @)
Well said KP! :thumbsup:
Wayne W.

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #305 on: Dec 08, 2013, 04:36 PM »
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #306 on: Dec 08, 2013, 04:59 PM »
wow good one stormy............. :P i will see you from 4 miles a way from the fish again. lol to you................... .....f- stick ;) word to the wise. dont piss off certain people in the off season because later you will regret it........... ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #307 on: Dec 08, 2013, 05:15 PM »
wow good one stormy............. :P i will see you from 4 miles a way from the fish again. lol to you................... .....f- stick ;) word to the wise. dont piss off certain people in the off season because later you will regret it........... ;)
Wow....

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #308 on: Dec 08, 2013, 05:52 PM »

Offline rgizmo2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Never Leave Fish to Find Fish
« Reply #309 on: Dec 08, 2013, 07:47 PM »
Ok I am curious about this Wilcraft. Has anyone seen this or heard of it. Its actually pretty cool as it can be used for every season for an outdoorsman. I heard that someone here just ordered one and was curious as to what they cost being I just dished out 7g's on a new wheeler which is a lot heavier that the Wilcraft. Any info would be great thanks
Gotta Love Those Stripes !!!!!

Offline green thumb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #310 on: Dec 08, 2013, 08:09 PM »
Hey gizmo, got mine two years ago and like everyone else hope to be out there soon again. I fish Oneida exclusively so if you fish Oneida good chance you'll see me. There will be another one on Oneida a few times this winter. "Eiderz" from CT. just got one and is planning a few trips to the lake. Love mine and be happy to show to anyone and answer any questions.

My Vice Is Ice !!

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #311 on: Dec 08, 2013, 09:18 PM »

well here is my take on Lewis point I wouldn't blame them for closing it , where do I start , they tore down the caution tape and drove on the lawn and made a mess of the lawn and there was overnight camping and there is a sign that says no over night camping , I picked up lots of garbage and one morning I picked up some drug paraphernalia now it may not sound like a big deal ,but we are not the ones that have to fix things in the spring , but I'm only one trash picker there, I'm sure there were others  , I only used it till I could run from the north  shore to south with the sled , and there was a couple of times , the actual parking area was full so I left to find another access , August West is a little more in the know on the parking situation
I agree with you 100% Filet...I am surprised that it is not closed already for this ice season. The amount of trash,...papers, pizza boxes,cans, bottles and leftover dead bait i saw and some I picked up, made me mad and upset.Guy's taking short cuts through the off limits taped off areas,...  right through the seasonal camper trailers yards and driveway's with atv's ,snowmobiles and on foot. I hope It is open this year...and the slobs from last year get the message, and obey the rules and keep the area clean.Good luck to everyone this ice season...and stay safe.
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #312 on: Dec 08, 2013, 09:21 PM »
There's a little word that most of us had drilled into us as children...RESPECT!! Goes a long way....unfortunatley, some didn't get that word drilled into them. Those are the ones that we have to clean up after to keep access areas open for OUR use. Seems as though that Mommy doesn't follow them around to pick up after them. If I find or see someone dis-respecting something that was given for OUR use...I'll be sure to drill them with the word RESPECT.

Thanks to all who do their part to keep OUR accesses/environment clean.  :thumbsup:--KP @)
Well said KP !!
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #313 on: Dec 08, 2013, 10:38 PM »

I know choo choo somethings can't be fixed , it is a nice place to come out of lets hope it stays open 

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #314 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:11 AM »

hey green thumb I've seen you out there quite often , the question I have does it have a track system or can it be raised higher when or if the snow and slush gets deep ? cool rig for sure

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #315 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:19 AM »

I know choo choo somethings can't be fixed , it is a nice place to come out of lets hope it stays open

X2  :afro:

Offline green thumb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #316 on: Dec 09, 2013, 08:01 AM »
Hey Filetandrelease. Most units have wheels though there is a track option.  There is talk of a unit with hydraulic motors for each wheel  which would make it all wheel drive. The current ones have a locking differential but not usually needed. It has actuators at both ends that raise and lower it up to 11" and I've found it works well in snow and slush up to 8". I got it stuck in a slush spot last year. All I did was lower the chassis and raise the wheels and pushed it out effortlessly with one hand. It may have worked just as well by just dropping the front and motoring with the back wheels. We"ll see. . .still learning.  Stop by and see me sometime. Happy to show you.

My Vice Is Ice !!

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #317 on: Dec 09, 2013, 08:08 AM »
Ok I am curious about this Wilcraft. Has anyone seen this or heard of it. Its actually pretty cool as it can be used for every season for an outdoorsman. I heard that someone here just ordered one and was curious as to what they cost being I just dished out 7g's on a new wheeler which is a lot heavier that the Wilcraft. Any info would be great thanks

I just got mine a month ago, it's a pretty neat rig. It actually weighs just about the same as my Kawasaki 650, 620 lbs although it seems lighter, a friend and I carried it across the yard just to see if we could get it unstuck. The machine with a heavy duty tent is about 12.5K, plus shipping.

I got mine in part because I live on the coast in the land of thin ice, but also because I make several trips to Oneida each year. My ATV seems to seek out pressure cracks and gas holes, I haven't been in one yet and hope to keep it that way. We tried it on 1" a week or so ago, it will stay on top until you hit a slightly thinner spot, and it easily crawls back out when it does break through. Based on the 1" test I would suggest that it is reasonable to use it on 2.5-3" of good black ice to account for the thin spots. If you're interested pictures are on the CT board under "Adventures of Calamity Bob", this was the first time the machine was on the ice.

I defer to Green Thumb for the snow/slush experience on Oneida since I have none in the Wilcraft.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #318 on: Dec 09, 2013, 11:31 AM »

thanks green thumb and eiderz and KP

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #319 on: Dec 09, 2013, 12:46 PM »

I'm with you buddy........That place was an absolute disgrace!   I told one butt wipe to stay off the lawn, and stick to the path, thats why there is tape posting private property, that is now on the lawn and torn down..... He said, yeah whatever, and rode off across the posted property, with about another 10 idiots following his lead.  I just don't get it, you can't fix stupid I guess.
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #320 on: Dec 09, 2013, 01:05 PM »
I just got mine a month ago, it's a pretty neat rig. It actually weighs just about the same as my Kawasaki 650, 620 lbs although it seems lighter, a friend and I carried it across the yard just to see if we could get it unstuck. The machine with a heavy duty tent is about 12.5K, plus shipping.

I got mine in part because I live on the coast in the land of thin ice, but also because I make several trips to Oneida each year. My ATV seems to seek out pressure cracks and gas holes, I haven't been in one yet and hope to keep it that way. We tried it on 1" a week or so ago, it will stay on top until you hit a slightly thinner spot, and it easily crawls back out when it does break through. Based on the 1" test I would suggest that it is reasonable to use it on 2.5-3" of good black ice to account for the thin spots. If you're interested pictures are on the CT board under "Adventures of Calamity Bob", this was the first time the machine was on the ice.

I defer to Green Thumb for the snow/slush experience on Oneida since I have none in the Wilcraft.

Fredie, that would be cool if you got one of them.  Just think of where you could go on Black with one of those.  :P

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #321 on: Dec 09, 2013, 01:16 PM »

It will be business as usual as far as parking at Lewis...like I had mentioned last year, the duration of it staying open depends on the "moron factor".
Just keep it clean and PLEASE learn how to read...if you can't follow simple directions that are clearly visible, we all lose!!! Well, not me :whistle:

AW

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #322 on: Dec 09, 2013, 01:27 PM »

thanks August for the info I new you were around here somehere ,but putting in your factor has got me worried  :(

and FFP I can get in enough trouble as it is  ;D

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #323 on: Dec 09, 2013, 02:13 PM »

thanks August for the info I new you were around here somehere ,but putting in your factor has got me worried  :(

Don't understand what that means...

AW

Offline probie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #324 on: Dec 09, 2013, 03:22 PM »
Was gonna make trip up for some duck hunting this week and was wondering if i could get a report of the lake condition as far a ice.  is there any along the shore?  thanks

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #325 on: Dec 09, 2013, 03:31 PM »
Don't understand what that means...

AW

knew you were around means your checking threads from time to time , your factor was [the moron factor] = meaning I'm afraid things won't be any better   

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #326 on: Dec 09, 2013, 03:37 PM »
I'm shocked Lewis didn't get shut down last year not my favorite place to go but it was still nice to have the option I did run into DEC quite a few times at Lewis so hopefully they make a example out of the morons who trash the place if the catch them

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #327 on: Dec 09, 2013, 03:54 PM »
Didn't Release try using your snowmobile as a Wilcraft last year Freddie?? LOL!! :woot: :afro:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :woot:  I remember that.  I'll bet it was more than once.  :P  I know my tracked wheeler does not like water  :o

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #328 on: Dec 09, 2013, 04:08 PM »
Don't tell me that You let Release run Your machine too!!!! :nono: :woot: Can't have anything nice with that RC around!! ;D
Nope - It was me.  :P

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #329 on: Dec 09, 2013, 04:13 PM »

well boys I would have not gotten wet if wasn't for release setting to far back with the power screw in his lap ,and it was only waste deep went home dried out and went back out lol can't let water up to your hips kill the day and I found out a fully loaded Kenai floats  ;D so an electric motor might be in my future  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.