Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: bager ice  (Read 1052 times)

drewker

bager ice
« on: Feb 10, 2005, 08:46 AM »
 went to bager last night ice was good 5-6 inches  with 2 inches of fair ice there did look to be some open spots near shore launching sleds  was tricky. came in at 4 00 am and the ice poped all night and was refreezing by shore so.  Lets get it on!!  Fish were a bit slow but did get some crappie and gill action at sun down and again at midnight

Ia.slabs

Re: bager ice
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2005, 12:50 PM »
That's good to know. a buddie of mine is headed out there tonight, I will pass on the info. was at a farm pond last night, used a board to get on the ice to drill test holes. Ice was 7to8 inches 5 inches of good ice I suspect.caught perch & blue gills. I might check Badger this weekend if it stays cold at night. We are running out of cold days and nights to be making ice

Ia.slabs

Offline badgercreekfreek

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Take a kid fishing!
Re: bager ice
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2005, 09:47 PM »
I was down at Badger a couple days ago and there was still water standing near the East boat ramp.  There was as far as I could tell water standing with very little ice underneath just to the North of the boat ramp that reach a good 20 yards out into the main channel.  If you go north of the boat ramps, watch yourselves.  Make sure you check ice frequent there.  Another buddy was down there last Saturday and he said the ice was down to 5" with lots of slush, so it sounds like this bit of a cold snap has at least slowed down the ice loss.

Good luck down there.  Maybe I'll run across someone tomorrow night or Saturday.  Might be heading to 3 mile or clear lake Sunday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.