Author Topic: Always remember,Never forget  (Read 2301 times)

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
Always remember,Never forget
« on: Nov 06, 2005, 05:29 PM »
This picture is of my dad,he was 72.It was our last ice fishing trip together.A week after this picture was taken he was diagnosed with cancer.He passed away in june.He caught 4 rainbows that morning,skunking me .

grumpymoe

Re: Always remember,Never forget
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Thats a heart touching pic and story bud......first ice this season and for the remainder, he'll be watching you do your thing just like he did for you...its your turn to carry the torch....and we wont forget.....as long as you're here to let us know you haven't been skunked.... :angel...........Grump

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2005, 06:25 PM »
I'm feeling with ya Sal, Same thing happened to me 1 1/2 years ago. Just look up in the sky at times and laugh as he probibly did at you. It help's ;)
         Jim

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2005, 06:54 PM »
good to see you had good times with him right to the end. its a most unfortunate part of life that we all have to deal with from time to time. thats a great picture of a great memory. i am very sorry for your loss  :-\  im going to call my Dad  :)

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2005, 07:05 PM »
that's a touching story. He has gone to the great icefishing lake in the sky.  Makes ya wonder how much time we all have left on our planet.
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2005, 07:26 PM »
Reading this reminds me of my father. He passed away in 2000. Like my dad, I can see yours was an outdoorsman and I'm sure that he taught you many things about fishing, hunting, cutting wood, everything to do with the outdoors. It's great that you have such a good picture of him. When you look at it, I'm sure you can remember his smile, his laugh, and the ribbing he my have giving you for getting skunked. Dads are great, and are truly missed when they are gone. Like you said; always remember, never forget.

Offline TeamIceBucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2005, 10:17 PM »
Thanks for sharing the pic and the reminder.  This Christmas break I'm taking my dad out for his first hard water experience.  Great way to spend time together.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2005, 09:41 PM »
Very nice photo and touching story salmotrutta. Those photos are priceless,and the memories will last a lifetime.
Thanks for sharing. :)

WW

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2005, 08:40 AM »
Great pic and touching story salmo!  I'm sure your dad will be smiling down on ya as he's watching ya reel in those fish this winter!!!  :)

-WF.

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 10, 2005, 10:02 PM »
A father that fishes with his kids (no matter how old they are) is a beautiful thing that going beyond fishing!

Icy Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.