Author Topic: bait  (Read 1260 times)

Offline RAINBOW HUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
bait
« on: Dec 23, 2005, 05:50 PM »
Anybody know were i ca get some shinners or minnows,near hudson county or monmouth?

Offline HaveAuger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: bait
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2005, 04:59 PM »
Minnows(Killies) at Brielle Bait and Tackle. Call Reel life,  If they don't They might know who does. You might have to go inland to Jackson sporting goods. Call because they have weird winter hours. I don't know the hours. A thought... If you have to travel a good distance to get bait. It might be a good idea to invest in some gear to keep those shinners at home after purchasing a few dozen.You may want to ask for some tips here.

Offline iceman_4432

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: bait
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2005, 08:31 AM »
Minnows(Killies) at Brielle Bait and Tackle. Call Reel life,  If they don't They might know who does. You might have to go inland to Jackson sporting goods. Call because they have weird winter hours. I don't know the hours. A thought... If you have to travel a good distance to get bait. It might be a good idea to invest in some gear to keep those shinners at home after purchasing a few dozen.You may want to ask for some tips here.

Any type of plastic container will do to keep minnows in at home.  A garbage can, kids baby pool ... if your going to keep them all winter just throw a bubbler in there and they will stay alive all winter long. 

Its nice to not have to worry about where you can get the bait and if they will be open .. just take your net and help yourself !!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.