Author Topic: sat till tuesday be in sussex looking for a good place to ice fish  (Read 728 times)

Offline andy8743

• IceShanty Rookie
I am hoping to find some trout, musky,walleye, or land locked salmon . Anything you can share on the area would be appreciated , also how is the bait store on 206 looking this year for live bait ?

Offline tonyrad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Happiness is a big gut pile.
Salmon and trout in Waywayanda and AeroFlex, eyes in Hopatcong  and greenwood as well as monksville. Musky in Haptcong as well. Check the boards for details.

Offline jimmythegreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
I would hit either big SW or little SW u can get all but landlocked in them.......no offense but I see guys posting I wanna catch "enter fish here" and I think to myself, so does everyone else......its ice season, the fishing is tough enuff on most bodies of water during open ice and from a boat, thru a hole is challenging to say the least.  U really have to put in the time on the water no matter the body of water........for example big SW, there are ice contests every sunday the place was packed, at least 50 guys fishing and prob 5 devices per person, thats 250 lines in the water, and some say NJs best walleye lake..........not a single eyeball checked in all ice season from what I hear.

Offline Icehoggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
I recommend finding a smaller, less PACKED lake
check a map in the andover area

Offline briansnat

• Team IceShanty Regular
For all of the above Hopatcong may be your best bet.  Hit it on Monday tho, when the crowds aren't out.   Waywayanda has trout and salmon, it might be a good choice.
"Most men fish all their lives without realizing it's not the fish they are after" - Henry Thoreau

Offline tonyrad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Happiness is a big gut pile.
Depending on tonight's snow, you might want to relax and do the research, tomorrow will not be fit for man nor beast. If your traveling on the ice on foot, closer is better, snow shoes recommended.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.