Author Topic: Snow benefit ice  (Read 1312 times)

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
Snow benefit ice
« on: Dec 03, 2007, 07:49 PM »
I dont know if its doing it in other areas but it seems that the snow is actually helping out the ice, the snow brings the ice below the water line and the cool temps freeze the water easier?

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
Re: Snow benefit ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2007, 08:03 PM »
it depends, if it does what your saying, and sinks the little bit of ice thats there, I suppose that makes sense, but on places that have a sturdy 3 or 4 inches already, its going to slow the ice making down considerably, it isnt about putting cold into the water, its the heat leaving the water, the snow actualy insulates the water and slows the freezing down a lot.

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2007, 11:09 AM »
personally, i always thought snow helped. i know it doesn't when it piled on the ice, but we had some rain come in yesterday, which turned that snow to slush and then froze over. it seems to me that will become a layer.
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2007, 11:52 AM »
What ever it takes im all for it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.