Author Topic: Crazy smelt fishing  (Read 2115 times)

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
Crazy smelt fishing
« on: Dec 02, 2007, 09:12 AM »
I live in portsmouth nh on a small tidal creek up the river a few miles up from great bay and had a 1.5-2 inches and landed a bunch of smelt in just a matter of 30min. trickey getting on to the ice threw a ladder over the ice because the ice was so thin, my neighbors thought I was mental. Cant stop the itch to go out.

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Crazy smelt fishing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2007, 11:36 AM »
I live in portsmouth nh on a small tidal creek up the river a few miles up from great bay and had a 1.5-2 inches and landed a bunch of smelt in just a matter of 30min. trickey getting on to the ice threw a ladder over the ice because the ice was so thin, my neighbors thought I was mental. Cant stop the itch to go out.

Falling in and drowning will stop that itch.

Seriously, you should show more caution on tidal ice. And if you are going to go out on marginal ice think about the people that will have to come get you should you fall in, then think about thier families if something should happen to them while trying to help you. Lastly it doesn't bode well to post about going out on marginal ice on a board where many of the members may be new to the sport and think what you just did is acceptable.

It's everyones own judgement of what he/she believes is safe ice for them to fish on. However you should think about what your posting (and doing) and how it might effect others that read the information.

Sorry about sounding like a a-whole but in my opinion what you did was very stupid and to then post it here.... well enuf said.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline dustinfromnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2007, 09:56 AM »
damned kids... :o

;D :D

Offline doabbs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Mmmm smelt...
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2007, 12:22 PM »
I have to admit, that despite that I think that's absolutely nuts going on salt/fresh water this early, I am jealous.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.