The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Dropped my bucket down hole!  (Read 1965 times)

Offline reproman

• IceShanty Rookie
Dropped my bucket down hole!
« on: Jan 27, 2016, 08:04 PM »
The handle popped off while clearing my hole. I'll have to take my magnet out with me tomorrow night. I'm guess Bob, my sucker, had a fun ride to the bottom.
Trying is the first step to failure-Homer

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Re: Dropped my bucket down hole!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2016, 08:07 PM »
Thats why you always bring some string and a big treble hook with ya! Not that it would work since the handle popped off lol

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline reproman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2016, 07:57 AM »
I tried using my gaff hook attached to my chain, but only succeeded in flipping it to the outside of my hole. I can still see it, but it's not straight down anymore.
Trying is the first step to failure-Homer

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2016, 11:00 AM »
I used a Giant Chubby Darter last year to retrieve the resort owners chisel.  It was about straight down from where I was sitting with the rope off to the side.  For my decoy line I have several feet of 20lb floro and the rest of the spool with tipup line.  The Giant Chubby darter will wobble straight up on the rise and dart straight forward with complete sack in the line, but you can get it to go in a circle if you provide some pressure on the fall.  I was getting bored not seeing anything so I decided to lay down on the floor and go to work trying to hook the rope on the end of the bar.  Within an hour I was able to hook it and pull it up.  I had taken the hooks off originally for just decoying, and had put on a small willow-leaf blade with a spinner on the tail.  I put the center hook back on so I could snag the rope. 
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline maxmartens

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2016, 05:32 PM »
Holes in the ice are just light magnets they suck everything in ! good luck getting it back

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.