Author Topic: reconditioned vexilars  (Read 1781 times)

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
reconditioned vexilars
« on: Oct 31, 2012, 10:28 PM »
anyone own one? i am thinking of getting one, i was looking at getting the fl22, i seen on there website that there pro pack with the single beam ducer and the tri beam is the same price, i would think the tri beam would be more wouldnt you, and i emailed them just asking about them last week and i still didnt get a reply back yet anyone know how long they usually take to reply back?

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: reconditioned vexilars
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2012, 10:36 PM »
I agree that a multiple beam would be the way to go but what kind of warranty do they come with?  My concern is are you getting a lemon they're trying to get right.  I know new or reconditioned can be good or bad but I'm wondering why they were reconditioned in the first place.

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2012, 10:46 PM »
thats what i emailed them about, just to find out whats up with them, and i think they have the 2yr warranty

Offline walleyewarrior50595

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2012, 11:15 PM »
It varies as far as reply times but I've got nothing but good things to say. Ask for Greg Bleck, real straight shooter and extremely helpful when I had questions.

Offline Boydric

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2012, 06:58 AM »
Many times it is almost better to get a reconditioned unit because usually a technician will go thru the item to make sure that is working properly.  It is just not some one that is making base pay slapping parts together.  I have purchased many reconditioned items with out any issues.

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2012, 07:10 AM »
I have a few friends who have purchased reconditioned Vexilars and have nothing but good luck with them.  Some of the reconditioned units are hold overs from stores which didn't sell them the year prior.  Best of luck with your purchase.

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2012, 08:05 AM »
Not a Vex but I purchased a Garmin Rino reconditioned. No issues. When I turned it on the last GPS signal was in Thailand. This tells me someone turned it on and tested the unit. Places like Cabelas have no question return policies, I believe a lot come from these returns.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2012, 08:12 AM »
In some instances I prefer a refurbished unit because they have been  tested and everything is working like it should be. You know they will work right out of the box and come with a full factory warranty. That's probably why refurbished units sell out so quickly.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2012, 08:22 AM »
I bought a recon FL8-se pro pack a couple of years ago. I have had no problems with it. It comes with the same 2 year warranty the new ones have. I saved $100 bucks by going this way.

Offline Lowrance25

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2012, 09:09 AM »
Can't normally ever go wrong with a refurbished/ reconditioned anything. It is run through and tested a lot more thoroughly. I bought a re manufactured Jiffy Ice Legend 2 years ago and I couldn't be happier with it.

Offline Minnowhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2012, 09:23 AM »
+1 on the reconditioned Vexilar.  Better to buy it used from them with a warranty than off of a classified ad.
Confucious say: "Wise man waits till Winter to walk on water!"

Offline AtlBraves12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 01, 2012, 09:32 AM »
I would not hesitate to purchase a reconditioned vexilar... they come with the same warranty (2yrs) as buying a new one.  Plus, vex is a great company from my experience and they stand behind their products.  I'm not sure why they are considered reconditioned or where they come from.  My guess is that they are promo units or their pro staff or something used them and they just make em look like new again and put a new battery in em.  Also the units that are returned by consumers for some reaosn.  That's just a total guess though... good luck

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2012, 09:55 AM »
Reconditioned units are simply returned units that are sent back to the mfg from retailers or customers. They fix the problems and sell them as reconditioned.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 01, 2012, 10:26 AM »
I've been using a reconditioned FL-8 for the last 3 seasons, and have been very happy with it. When I finally upgrade to an FL-20 or 22, i'll most likely go the reconditioned route again.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline bpiatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 01, 2012, 11:16 AM »
anyone own one? i am thinking of getting one, i was looking at getting the fl22, i seen on there website that there pro pack with the single beam ducer and the tri beam is the same price, i would think the tri beam would be more wouldnt you, and i emailed them just asking about them last week and i still didnt get a reply back yet anyone know how long they usually take to reply back?

Just gona throw this out there, for 100 bucks more you can get a brand new marcum lx6. More power, better resolution, better target seperation, many display options, dual beam transducer and has open water mode. Has 2 year warrenty and backed by marcums top notch customer service, plus they are an iceshanty sponsor.

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 01, 2012, 11:27 AM »
if i wanted marcum i would have said i wanted a marcum plus i don't have that much money to spend on a lx-6, that's y im going the reconditioned route of a vexilar

Offline bpiatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 01, 2012, 11:30 AM »
if i wanted marcum i would have said i wanted a marcum plus i don't have that much money to spend on a lx-6, that's y im going the reconditioned route of a vexilar

I figured as much, I just thought I'd put it out there in the rare chance you haven't looked into them.

Offline Tod

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 01, 2012, 11:51 AM »
Many box stores will take a returns just because someone didn't like  ::) or used it to go on one trip and returned it with nothing wrong but they can't sell it as new.

I have purchased many of Vexilars from wanted adds and never had a bad one these units are built proof well maybe air soft proof.  ;D

If you buy second hand like Craigslist listen for the trans ducer clicking and turn up the gain to see if you get a return signal.
Bring It

Offline diabetik11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Nov 01, 2012, 04:16 PM »
i think i found my flasher, vexilar fl 22 brand new for $500 its ultra pack, the place has it on clearence for some reason going to look at it tmarow cant wait

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.