Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607502 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #28110 on: Jun 26, 2022, 09:20 PM »
Bud
Game 6 Stanley Cup finals.
Got my oil change supplies in the car. 😉

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28111 on: Jun 27, 2022, 04:33 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

51, looking to get to the mid 80's later today.

Dave...That's clicking them off :thumbsup:

fish...Congratulations on a good catch :thumbsup:

WW...Hope you had a nice ride yesterday :clap:

Lots of puttering yesterday. Heading to the range this morning after a walk. I have a tree to check out this afternoon.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28112 on: Jun 27, 2022, 04:48 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER"s,
                         It's 67* and raining, at least I don't have to water anything this morning. ::)
                         Fish........That's a nice catch, it must have been fun. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                         Marv.......I hope everything at the range looks good, if not you'll get your dues paid. :woot:
                         Bud........It sounds too hot for me, nothing like fresh cucumber out of the garden  :flex:
                         Wally......I hope you found some cooler weather, maybe along the shore it was cooler. :unsure:
                         Eddie.....I take it the grandkids ran the battery down on the note pad? :unsure:
                         The chinking job is going well, but this weekend the owners were doing some work around the cabin and we had to dodge each other.
              At least they saw how tedious it is.
                          Not much on the planner today.
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28113 on: Jun 27, 2022, 05:47 AM »
67* and rain here also.
Drifter, how did you like the game. It was a good one, happy with the out come.
Eddie, don't have to worry about my spots, none seem to be producing as of yet.
WW, hope you enjoyed your ride.
F/H4, NICE fish.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #28114 on: Jun 27, 2022, 05:49 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  68* and raining here this am, high of 75 today.

Marv…enjoy the walk and some shooting time on the range, best of luck on the estimate!   :thumbsup:
  Dave…you hammered out the miles in great time, might have missed your calling to be truck a driver!   :flex:   :bow: Welcome back to the States and safe travels with the rest of your journey Sir!  :thumbsup:
  FH4…fine job on the catching with the children, way to go Dad!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Hope your Mom is feeling better!
  Bud…sounds like the garden is putting out some veggies for you now!  :clap:  Just started getting some flowers on my cucumber plants, lol. Hope the electrical goes well for you.   :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope the mountain cruise found cooler temps for you yesterday…and an ice cream shop!   ;D
  Jeff…might be a rain day for you today unless you have some inside work? Did you finish up the cabin job?   :thumbsup:
  H2…the reservoir must have been hopping yesterday…looks like some cooler temps moving in for a few days, best of luck with the fishing this week!   :thumbsup:

Received a call Saturday from a guy about a swimming pool (locally)at his residence he was having trouble with, plumbing  issue with the skimmer’s. Mentioned to him I didn’t do plumbing, but knew people who did. He was thrilled to hear that as he has been having problems getting anyone to even look at it.
  I told him I had some free time open yesterday morning and could meet with him. When he gave me the address, I kind of chuckled…it was formerly owned by a Dr. and I did some work there on that pool 20 years ago, lol. Long story short, I had a photo album with that job and shared it with him yesterday. The former owner who bought the residence from the Dr. was foreclosed upon and apparently the pool sat for 2 years uncovered and not winterized….plumbing froze and broke.
  Not sure how much it’s going to cost them to repair, but it’s going to be a very expensive job. The pool is a 20’ X 40’ in ground gunite pool with a massive concrete deck that wiould need to be removed and replaced as well. Anyway, contacted  a plumber friend who will be looking at that for them tomorrow and see what happens from there.
  R& R day here today….Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28115 on: Jun 27, 2022, 06:19 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....even on the shores of Ontario it was HOT yesterday  :blink:

H2L....looks like a nice week for some fishing ahead  :clap:

Eddie.....what a shame no one bothered to winterize the pool  :wacko:

WS....SO, when ARE you getting a vacation and some water therapy  ???

IFF....like Eddie I'm just now seeing some blossoms on my cukes  :-\ 

FH4.....good job  :bow: :thumbsup:

Picked up a little over an inch of rain overnight, it's still raining and IT'S 20* COOLER  :thumbsup: :clap:  strawberry rhubarb pie fixings will see the oven today  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28116 on: Jun 27, 2022, 07:42 AM »
Ready for the lid and into the oven  :)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28117 on: Jun 27, 2022, 08:20 AM »
Good Morning All

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28118 on: Jun 27, 2022, 08:27 AM »

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28119 on: Jun 27, 2022, 10:56 AM »
WS....SO, when ARE you getting a vacation and some water therapy  ???

I am looking at 2023  ;D

The pie looks awesome! :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28120 on: Jun 27, 2022, 11:45 AM »
Well made the 240 mile round trip to Casper and back to work this morning to pick up the needed Rough Pump for the ICP today, left the house around 330 this morning and was back inside the gates at work just a little before 8, and as the day goes one man is that catching up to me.  Well my mom seemed to feel better yesterday then got sick a bit later on in the night but nothing like Saturday.  She fly's out Wednesday so hope that goes well.  Have a great Monday everyone all I can say is it is getting hot around here, hoping for the cool down into the 80's later in the week.  Stay safe in the heat everyone.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28121 on: Jun 27, 2022, 01:46 PM »
I am looking at 2023  ;D
               WS
:nono: :woot:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28122 on: Jun 27, 2022, 03:58 PM »
I am looking at 2023  ;D

The pie looks awesom! :clap: :clap:

WS

I've never met a pie I didn't like.   :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28123 on: Jun 27, 2022, 06:45 PM »
I've never met a pie I didn't like.   :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I know, right?  I’ve thought of at least a half dozen different ways to say that I’d love to sample her pie, but none of them sounded very gentlemanly, so I’ve decided to simply go with, “Your strawberry-rhubarb pie looks delicious!”   :woot: :whistle:  lol
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28124 on: Jun 27, 2022, 08:06 PM »
Thank you gentlemen  :bow:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #28125 on: Jun 27, 2022, 10:56 PM »
Good evening,cooler temperatures today period of rain this morning. Congratulations to the Colorado Avalanche and their fans on being the 2021-2022 National Hockey League Stanley Cup Champions.
Ice Wanderer may you have enjoyed the break from working with your neighbor. I hope the cabin owner's are happy with all the work and appreciate all the hours going into chinking the cabin logs. Guess by the pitch the roof you removed the moss from was on an A-framed house/building.
Whopper Stopper was today's trip a combined pleasure-look at this year's trip work visit.
Hunts2long may your "Secret" spots on Gsl start producing fish for you. I assume fishing will be off for a day or two following the poker run.
IFF best to you with the electrical work.
Drifter happy to read your arrived safely some long days of driving. Enjoy your time in Ontario province.
Eddie thanks for sharing the story about phone call and pool. To bad for the current home owner that the pool was neglected for a few years. besides giving him the plumber's name and contact info. did you also hand him a business card from the retired mason's Service so one of you can look at the mason work that will need to be done after pool plumbing is repaired and give an estimate.
fish/hunt4ever  good to read you have the neded pump ,i hope the install was easy and ICP unit is now up and running. Your are a good employee to make the trip to get the pump may you see some extra money in next paycheck to cover expenses for the trip. Best wishes sent that your mother feels well enough to fly back to Florida on Wednesday. Congratulations to you and your daughter on catching the walleyes. :clap: :thumbsup:
wallyworld to bad you did not find cooler temperatures along the shore of lake Ontario. guessing there was a stop for some kind of ice cream treat to help cool down on way home from the lake. ditto the comments on your pie. seeing the photos of your baking brings back memories of my late mother she enjoyed strawberry-rhubarb pie.
old Goat may all be good with you and the family. have you made any recent bargain purchases from internet finds.
deal Ninja good to see you back posting on Ice shanty may things also be good with you and your family. Thank you sir for fo thinking before posting a comment about wallyworld's strawberry-rhubarb pie. Nice to see a few gentlemen left on this website.  :thumbsup:

Take care stay healthy and safe. best to all fishing this week.
  Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #28126 on: Jun 28, 2022, 04:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 55* to start the day, high in the lower 70’s today… :thumbsup:

Steve…yes, discussed the concrete work as well with the homeowner and showed him some recent pictures off my phone on some of the jobs we’ve completed this season.  :thumbsup:
  Mr.Ninja…well done!  ;D  Nice to see you posting again and hope all is going well Sir!   :clap:  If you happen to come across a smoking deal on StrikerIce Predator bibs, would be interested!  :tipup:
  FH4…wow, you had a busy day yesterday! Hope the pump installation went well and you’re back on line, best wishes to your Mom!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…the pie looked amazing, yum…any left?   ;D :clap:  We picked up 3/4” of rain according to my rain gauge yesterday, no need to water the garden for a few days anyway.
  H2…good luck with today’s fishing if that’s on the planner!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…glad to read the cabin work is going well and the homeowner got a chance to see the tedious work involved, awesome!   :clap:
  Marv…hope your day went well yesterday!   :thumbsup:

No complaints here with the cooler temps that moved in, they won’t last long…wish we could share them with everyone else seeing blistering temps.
  Nothing much on the planner today yet, might take a ride down to the old workplace and see some of the crew around their coffee break…they just started back on the marble restoration work and one of the masons had some questions about it.
  Speaking about Cawfee, full pot ready and waiting!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28127 on: Jun 28, 2022, 04:30 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

67 with spotty showers, a high of 83 expected.

My computer is being abstinent this morning. I'll see if it holds together long enough for a post.

mr.clean... My range venture never happened. I went over there at 9am and there were already 8-10 vehicles there. Usually on a Monday it's a ghost town.  Anyway, I had intended to go back after lunch and I got tangled up with my tree bid and never made it back. I live less than a mile from the range so I will go back today and spend some time.

IW...Have a good day if heading back to chink :thumbsup: I bet the owners were impressed with your tedious undertaking.

Eddie...Hope your R&R day worked out ??? Neat story about the picture, I bet the current owners enjoyed seeing it :thumbsup:

WW...Did the pie make it through the night ???

Yesterday I spent a couple hours looking at a tree job I had no interest in doing. The guy just wouldn't take no for an answer when I told him I wasn't equipped to handle the job. I think in the end he finally understood, but it sure took some convincing before he saw the light.

The gun range and a few errands on the list for today. First off a walk once we get some daylight.

Good morning Eddie!

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28128 on: Jun 28, 2022, 05:05 AM »
52* cool, clear and hitting the water.
WW, the pie sure looks good. I pretty much have the pie's in the house to myself. That is why I usually take some to my brother's. I am not a "cake" guy.
Mr. C. I gave it a day to calm down but want to get out today, before the temps start going up later in the week. We will see what happens.
Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28129 on: Jun 28, 2022, 06:16 AM »
Morning all, coming up on 60 with clear skies and a forecast of 83° for the afternoon.

SOME of my exhaust finally got here yesterday, so I got the new muffler on after work yesterday. Still waiting on the midpipe and a couple flange gaskets, so hoping the rest of it arrives today. I've been dying from not being able to haul the boat for weeks now...

Finally got all caught up at work, so now it's just a matter of getting compliance corrections submitted over the next couple weeks and the audit crap will all be caught up for the year.

Way, way behind on the thread, so I'll have to go play catchup

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28130 on: Jun 28, 2022, 06:40 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....have a good time catching up with the old work crew   @)

WS.....what was left of the pie after dinner went home with my brother   ;)2

H2L....my Dad was a "pie guy" too, only ate cake after it was stale in a bowl with milk poured over it  :sick:

MrC....glad my pics brought back some good memories for you  :)

Z.....fingers crossed the rest of your parts show up today  :unsure:

FH4.....hope your Mom is feeling better and can make her flight home  :)

Thanks for all the compliments on the pie  :bow:   A couple errands today, nothing else planned yet.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28131 on: Jun 28, 2022, 07:47 AM »
All I can say is at least my instrument is running, guess the plant had some set backs and stop producing last night so lots to fix again it sounds like, but guess I better get back to it, everyone have a nice Tuesday and stay safe if the heat is back around today.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28132 on: Jun 28, 2022, 08:12 AM »
Good morning ER’s

Well coffee first, feels a little cooler this morning. Hopefully I will get the electric run.  Not sure what I will tackle after that. Maybe run in and get some 1x6x12’ boards to replace 3 of the rear deck boards that are rotten, safety first. Corn is 8’ tall and not a cob in sight  ::) ::)

Might as well get at it  happy for the Av’s fans :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28133 on: Jun 28, 2022, 05:20 PM »

I won got the electric line run through conduit the length of the house

Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28134 on: Jun 28, 2022, 05:22 PM »
Had an unsettling sight here in Lo Don this afternoon. Passed an accident just after it happened. A woman and her kids were riding their bikes when the mother was hit by an suv. Her and her bike were under the sun.
I can't see the outcome being great.
I can only hope she survives her injuries.

I myself have hit 2 cyclists and barely missed a couple of others. Al times were due to errors on the cyclists part. Too many don't follow the rules of the road and it causes issues for both parties.

The last cyclist I hit was a 10 year old girl that ran a red on one of our main roads. Luckily my reactions were fast enough Tha my bumper hit her front wheel 1/4 of a second later and would have ended the way today's accident did.

For those of you with kids make sure they learn the rules of the road and follow them. Let your cycling friends know what happens when the cyclist ignores the rules.   :'(

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28135 on: Jun 28, 2022, 06:50 PM »
Dave...

What a heart-wrenching gut punch that scene had to be.
Prayers sent that the Mom received a miracle. Strength and thoughts for the family.

X2 on your sentiments about cyclist, well said Sir!

WS   

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28136 on: Jun 28, 2022, 08:43 PM »
I second WS post.  Time for Ice Cream and awaiting tomorrow thunderstorms.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #28137 on: Jun 28, 2022, 10:06 PM »
 Good evening high temperature was around 80 today. Update on Newburgh school district superintendent on leave Dr. Padilla. He has been hired as the superintendent for Bronx community school district no.7 with this development his resignation from Newburgh school district becomes effective. Under the agreement reached in December of 2021 between the Newburgh school district and Dr.Padilla. the school district will pay him a salary until November of 2023. It was my understanding he would no longer collect a salary once he obtained new employment. guess i was wrong. The salary will be 297 thousand per year his pay rate for 2020-2021 school year. He will give up his health benefits since his new job provides these benefits.I will leave a links to newspaper 's website and school district's website.
Eddie guess one advantage to the high tech. cell phones is the information you can store on them . nice to not only be able to mention your mason's group to the home owner but have ability to show him photos of recently completed jobs. I'm sure you had a good visit with your former work crew hopefully you were able to answer some questions about the marble restoration work.
Whopper Stopper may you have the computer problem corrected. May you have found the gun range less crowded today good that it is a short drive from your home so you did not use up to much gasoline yesterday. The property owner maybe having trouble finding someone to do the tree work or does not like the price estimate on any quotes he has already received so really did not want to accept your turning the job down.
Hunts2long may your special spots have given up some legal size walleyes or other fish today. Nice that you can get out during the week GSL will most likely be a crazy place this weekend with the July 4 TH holiday.
Zcm-82 good to hear you finally received some of the car parts may you have received remaining items today. Also good to read you are caught up at work.
Wallyworld nice gift for your brother like the rest of your family i'm sure he enjoys and appreciates all of your baking.
fish/hunt4ever soory to hear you still have problems at your work place. May your mother be feeling well enough to fly back to florida tomorrow.
IFF may running the electric line not have been to big of a hassle.  may you start to see developing ears of corn on all of the plants soon.
Drifter hoping for a good out for the mother and her family. Some good points about cyclists knowing rules of the road. fifteen or more years ago i was in the turn lane waiting to make a left into an area shopping mall. I saw a young man on a bicycle off to my right and though don't tell me he is going to try and cross the road. Sure enough he attempted to cross and was struck by a vehicle ahead of me also waiting to turn into the mall the way his bike was hit caused him to land on hood/windshield of the car. by the time I could get around the accident site  and find a parking spot ,take out my cell phone to call 911 local police were already on the scene. I do not remember how badly injured the young man was from the collision or if any occupants of the car were injured. scary thing to witness.

Links for newspaper and school districts websites    www.recordonline.com reporter's name is lana Bellamy        www.newburghschools.org I have not checked this website yet but assume there is news about Dr.Padilla

May everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28138 on: Jun 29, 2022, 04:34 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 56* and clear here on my Hill. ::)
                       I must have lost my post yesterday morning, damn Gremlins. :%$#!:
                       H2l.........I hope you have been out and found some fish at your favorite spots. :unsure:
                       Eddie......Visiting the old crew down at the capital probably helps remind you why you retired. :woot: But you're a good man for going to
              answer some questions about the Marble. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:
                       Marv.......Isn't it amazing how some people don't see the light about some jobs, you're the expert and they think they know more than you. :cookoo:
                       Bud........Nice job on the conduit and getting the outlet wired in. :thumbsup:
                       Wally......Your Strawberry/Rhubarb pie  looked delicious. glad it was a big hit. :clap:
                       Steve.....That Dr. Padilla knew how to negotiate a contract to get the severance pay, smart man, dumb school board for approving a contract
               like that. But it's not uncommon for some people like that. :o
                       Zcm.......I'm glad you got some of your muffler parts. I know getting things on line is an easy way to buy things and less expensive, but you
               couldn't find them locally? ??? I'd pay a little more to get them faster and all at the same time. :whistle:
                       Fish.......It sounds as if you have your work cut out for you with things going down at work. :unsure:
                       Yesterday, I went to my DIL office where I painted and had to do some touch up on the  painting job.
                       Not much on the planner today, except for some shoppingg, We're have a a BBQ on the third for some family and friends.
                       I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28139 on: Jun 29, 2022, 04:53 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

61 degrees with a hot, 90 degree, windy, sticky day on tap. Nothing like a blast furnace to get you looking over your ice fishing gear.

Bud...Good job with the wiring :thumbsup:

IW...Dang paint touch ups. Similar day on tap here. My brother and his wife are coming for a 3 day visit over the weekend, need to get some groceries.

Eddie...Hope you had a good time visiting with the old crew :thumbsup:

WW...Anything fun today ???

I am off for a walk before things get ugly. I need to get my push mower gassed up and loaded along with my weed whip and blower. Tomorrow I am going to head to the shack and attack some long out of hand grass.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.