New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: sandy pond  (Read 59649 times)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: sandy pond
« Reply #510 on: Feb 01, 2020, 08:13 AM »
just remember ..."what happens at the  pond stays at the pond"  .... I have no idea what that means  but I always wanted to  say it =))

It means that if you fall through the ice in deep water at Sandy Pond, its over.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #511 on: Feb 01, 2020, 09:13 AM »
Hey Trap. Im thinking it cake from when the summer fling was happening. The bands would  play on an available sand bar with MANY boats anchored up. Been to a couple...few years ago. That statement is accurate.  ;) ;) ;) ;) :)
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #512 on: Feb 01, 2020, 04:51 PM »
Hey Trap. Im thinking it cake from when the summer fling was happening. The bands would  play on an available sand bar with MANY boats anchored up. Been to a couple...few years ago. That statement is accurate.  ;) ;) ;) ;) :)

Oh! Krackin, tell me more. ;)2 ;)2
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #513 on: Feb 01, 2020, 05:33 PM »
Privately over some drink of your choice ::)

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #514 on: Feb 01, 2020, 05:57 PM »
Sorry I haven’t been on here lately been fishing Oneida Friday and today,Friday the walleye where on fire but today was real tough.Ice was good on the east end and even though we didn’t win it was great fishing a new area,now I better get things cleaned up and hit the pond late next week.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #515 on: Feb 02, 2020, 05:34 AM »
Yo Jigger,

Glad to hear you got into those eyes on Oneida. Sorry to hear you didn't bring home any Bacon :'(. Missed not seeing you on the Pond my friend. You got to help me keep an eye on the Krackin. He's telling lots of stories here on the Sandy Pond thread. I thought that was my job
 Oh well, just saying. ;)

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #516 on: Feb 02, 2020, 07:52 AM »
John is very good at that,never a dull moment around him going to be busy Monday and Tuesday and then Saturday for my grandsons 1 year old birthday.

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #517 on: Feb 02, 2020, 10:16 AM »
Want to give the Pond a try Monday. Between Seber and Blind. Not trying to push you over Boggie just stand next to you.  ;) :)

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #518 on: Feb 02, 2020, 05:23 PM »
Going to try Port Bay tomorrow guys although the bite is picking up on the Pond. Jigger take care of the grandson bud. Yo John, just busting on you my friend.

Boggey

Offline Delicious_J_Large

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #519 on: Feb 03, 2020, 07:24 AM »
Does anyone have any info on the SC Fire Dept derby this Saturday?  The Sportsman's Association page has it listed in the calendar, but no further info as far a sign times or location.  Looking to bring all the kids out as long as every is safe.

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #520 on: Feb 03, 2020, 08:17 AM »
Sandy Pond Sportsman club you can sign up there or a small bait shop in Sandy Creek

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #521 on: Feb 03, 2020, 09:02 AM »

Offline Delicious_J_Large

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #522 on: Feb 03, 2020, 09:08 AM »
Thanks fellas.  Hope to get the kids chasing flags and piling up some perch.  See you out there.

Offline Birdslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Keep moving
« Reply #523 on: Feb 03, 2020, 07:20 PM »
Anyone else hear of a guy falling through the ice by the Wigwam? Overheard a guy talking about it at the gas station but I didn't get a chance to talk with him had to get my son to the bathroom and he was gone when we came out. 
Find the bite, Fish the bite, repeat

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #524 on: Feb 04, 2020, 06:38 AM »
First I've heard of it.....

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #525 on: Feb 05, 2020, 08:20 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,
Don't forget the Sandy Creek Fire Department has there Fishing Derb6 on the 8th. Hope to see some of my friends out on the ice this weekend. I got my middle son and grandson coming up. Temps look g3, just got to minimize the snow cover. Good Luck to all.

Boggey

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #526 on: Feb 05, 2020, 04:50 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals ,

Fished the Pond for a couple hours this afternoon. Accessed @ Blind Creek ( private access). Cut holes on. The way out to the center of Seber Shores . The standing water on top of the ice froze clear and hard overnight. 5 inches+ all holes I cut.

Still a nasty pressure crack running north south in front of Seber Shores.

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #527 on: Feb 05, 2020, 11:12 PM »
Hey trapper I tied a few new jigs killer for perch 2 amigos are ready to take first place..just dont wear those hot pink shoes :whistle: :whistle: :roflmao:

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #528 on: Feb 06, 2020, 03:10 AM »
Hey trapper I tied a few new jigs killer for perch 2 amigos are ready to take first place..just dont wear those hot pink shoes :whistle: :whistle: :roflmao:
Keep it up with the hot pink jokes. I’ll have to break out my rod slicks. Real men rock pink
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #529 on: Feb 06, 2020, 03:58 AM »
Yo Trap,
Pink shoes? Really? What ever happened to blue suede shoes? ;D

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #530 on: Feb 06, 2020, 09:21 PM »

Dont forget this Saturday is the Sandy Creek Fire Department Ice Derby. Adult perch and pike divisions and the winner takes all "Panfish king" youth has perch and pike divisions with trophies. You can pre register at The Sportsman Clubhouse.

Offline icejohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • kids love fishing too, take one
« Reply #531 on: Feb 06, 2020, 11:01 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals ,

Fished the Pond for a couple hours this afternoon. Accessed @ Blind Creek ( private access). Cut holes on. The way out to the center of Seber Shores . The standing water on top of the ice froze clear and hard overnight. 5 inches+ all holes I cut.

Still a nasty pressure crack running north south in front of Seber Shores.

Jim your mail box is full...tried to message you...it's ok to share.

Offline joefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #532 on: Feb 07, 2020, 04:45 AM »
Jim your mail box is full...tried to message you...it's ok to share.
  Jim,  You need a secretary to keep up with all your mail and such.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #533 on: Feb 07, 2020, 04:50 AM »
  Jim,  You need a secretary to keep up with all your mail and such.
I think he needs 2.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #534 on: Feb 07, 2020, 05:28 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Sorry about that . I will delete some of the old messages. I am in the midst of a loaded schedule. Jigger, Krackin and I are trying to get the Team Perch Tournament off to a great start on the 29th.

My fishing buddy IceJohn is in the most difficult time of his life.

My middle son and 4 year old grandson just got off the airplane from New Orleans and are staying with Poppy at camp for three days. More about that in one of my " Short Stories".

Boggey

Offline panfishing pirate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #535 on: Feb 07, 2020, 07:38 AM »
Anybody having luck at green pt
nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline southpondperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #536 on: Feb 07, 2020, 11:35 AM »
how much snow on the pond of is the wind taking care of it
All i care about is ice fishing and maybe 3 people...oh and Beer

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #537 on: Feb 07, 2020, 01:41 PM »
how much snow on the pond of is the wind taking care of it
Yo Southpond perch,
Left the Pond about 2;00 pm. Wind was howling about 4 inches of new snow on top of yesterday's 3 inches. The snow is setting heavy on the ice and when you cut a hole the water rises in the hole. We were on the snowmobile. Drag would have been near impossible.. Kept 10 keepers between the 2 of us. Sorted through a ton of dinks. Continuous bite however.
Boggey

Offline swampking89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice fishin rules!!!
« Reply #538 on: Feb 07, 2020, 03:33 PM »
Yo Boggey sounds like your in for a wonderful weekend.have fun!!my prayers to John.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #539 on: Feb 08, 2020, 01:40 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

About that short story I promised you. As I mentioned, my son and 4 year old grandson arrived from New Orleans late Wednesday night to spend 3 days with poppy at camp.
     My grandson stepped off the plane having left 72 degree temps in Nola and arrived on Syracuse 24 degrees and his first ever encounter with snow.
     Thursday morning after scrounging up enough winter garbs from his northern cousins, we hit the ice off of poppy"s camp. Thursday morning had left the ice covered with a fresh 3 inch layer of snow. Wanting to give my son and grandson the " full flavor" of poppy's day to day life on the Pond, we dragged the fully loaded 2 man shanty atop my smitty for a somewhat truncated drag only several hundred yards from shore. After setting up the shanty with careful tutelage to son and grandson, poppy then went on to explain the finer points of jigging. This lasted all of say 90 seconds with the attention span of Vaughn my grandson who was far more fascinated with my little shanty shovel than the new ice fishing pole poppy had just purchased for his premier introduction to ice fishing..
     With father and son sitting comfortably within the confines of the shanty with the flap open, witnessing my grandson toiling with my shanty shovel to clean the ice of all the freshly fallen snow from the front of. The shanty for the next 2 hours, non stop. This ended poppy's first day of ice fishing instruction. I might ask,who was instructing whom?

Boggey & Sons

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.