New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: sandy pond  (Read 59646 times)

Offline orngcrush17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Nothing better than fishing memories
Re: sandy pond
« Reply #180 on: Dec 17, 2019, 08:40 PM »
Thanks for the call today Boggey!!! Can't wait for the 18th and watch the master whack away at those 5"ers on the tip downs while we catch the good ones next to ya!!! Glad I snuck that gps tracker on ya last time we went out to get the honey hole.

Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish he can eat for a lifetime.... take your kid fishing and never stop smiling.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #181 on: Dec 18, 2019, 05:36 AM »
Thanks for the call today Boggey!!! Can't wait for the 18th and watch the master whack away at those 5"ers on the tip downs while we catch the good ones next to ya!!! Glad I snuck that gps tracker on ya last time we went out to get the honey hole.
Dang You Scott,

Now every one knows my secret. I chase the tip downs and Eddy sits smack dab in the middle of the honey hole and just jigs.

He gets the big ones and I get the fillers.

Relax everyone, Old Boggey will run the grill and his mouth this year and officially retire from competition. Give you youngins a chance. ;)2 ;)2
Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #182 on: Dec 18, 2019, 05:59 AM »
Someone may or may not have caught one on the pond that may or may not have been over 14" .... And that person may or may not have been crowned king of the pond 2017....... Just sayin.

What klino is making reference to is a fisherman came over to me towards the end of the day and wanted to get in the King of the Pond contest when we had clearly established a dollar anti by 10am
 Klino was already in first place with a 13, plus and this other guy wanted to submit
a 14" plus slob..

Keep in mind this was a s separate spontaneous tournament we threw in on Sandy Pond thread which had nothing to do with the "Team Perch Tournament.

Moral of the story, It pays to gamble or you have to pay to gamble. klino won the kitty and title.
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #183 on: Dec 18, 2019, 06:33 AM »
Relax everyone, Old Boggey will run the grill and his mouth this year and officially retire from competition. Give you youngins a chance. ;)2 ;)2
Boggey

Thanks for referring to us as "youngins".   :thumbsup: :angel

Offline SeanP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Formally known as SPN1
« Reply #184 on: Dec 18, 2019, 07:13 AM »

Please add Team Phried Phish to the team list.  SeanP and Son

SeanP

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #185 on: Dec 18, 2019, 09:42 AM »
Yo Sean P,

Done deal. You will have to go back to page 5 to see updated Team listing

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #186 on: Dec 18, 2019, 02:27 PM »
Not feeling young after snow blowing the front of my driveway. Damn cold too. Made me think of August out by Stoney island bass fishing, in shorts and t-shirt.  @) @) @)
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #187 on: Dec 18, 2019, 02:30 PM »
Not sure if you all have seen the new Perch Eye jig by Northland. Looks awesome.

Offline Genebob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #188 on: Dec 18, 2019, 03:27 PM »
Just heard from the Pa Perch Hound.  Nice to hear he had a pleasant conversation wit J Bogey!!!!Now that they caught up on loose ends I think it may be a good time for the PA Posse to regroup, get the feed bags out and take a ride north n show those pond boys how we get it done.  What a think Curt?!?!?!

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #189 on: Dec 18, 2019, 03:51 PM »
Hmmm, Pond boys?? going to be embarrassing explaining to your family you got your butts beat by "boys"  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #190 on: Dec 18, 2019, 04:31 PM »
Just heard from the Pa Perch Hound.  Nice to hear he had a pleasant conversation wit J Bogey!!!!Now that they caught up on loose ends I think it may be a good time for the PA Posse to regroup, get the feed bags out and take a ride north n show those pond boys how we get it done.  What a think Curt?!?!?!
I ain’t a pond boy, I ain’t never even fished there but I know dang sure ain’t no one from pa beating a upstater on the big lakes hard water offerings. Let alone beating me!  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #191 on: Dec 18, 2019, 04:33 PM »
Pond Boys!!!

Too funny 😂
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #192 on: Dec 18, 2019, 05:09 PM »
Genebob I'm going to have to go get some fish bags stocked up...I guess it's time to get ready to take some money from jboggie and the pond boys..I'm guessing I'm gonna have to get uncle Harry and brother Ernie around a head the pa posse north bound...
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #193 on: Dec 18, 2019, 05:34 PM »
About time we heard from you guys, thought you where scared of us upstaters but glad you’re coming up so we can get your money >:(

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #194 on: Dec 18, 2019, 06:33 PM »
Nothing set in stone yet but I believe I had a pretty good package coming from clam thanks to Dark Cloud and tank who may be making an appearance at the tournament

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #195 on: Dec 18, 2019, 07:22 PM »
Boggey you can count me and Mrs. OB in we will be Team South Pond Slayers. I will also donate some ice combos and such for the door prizes.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #196 on: Dec 19, 2019, 03:30 AM »
Yo Oby,

Thanks for the participation and the contribution. I will put you and the Mrs down as " Team South Pond". See page 5 for updated Team listing.
 Boggey

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #197 on: Dec 19, 2019, 03:47 AM »
Yo Paperchhound,

You better bring your "A" game to back up all them words you are spouting. :nono:
By the way, didn't catch the team name. Be sure to make a powerful statement with your "Team Name"

Boggey

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #198 on: Dec 19, 2019, 03:50 AM »
Nothing set in stone yet but I believe I had a pretty good package coming from clam thanks to Dark Cloud and tank who may be making an appearance at the tournament
Yo DD,

YOUDAMAN

Boggey

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #199 on: Dec 19, 2019, 03:57 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,
I got 12"s of that white fluffy stuff on the driveway. I'm going to tackle it now while it is still light and fluffy. 

Boggey

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #200 on: Dec 19, 2019, 07:31 AM »
I realize the PA guys are tough (even if their roads suck) but two things will keep them out of this tournament. Fear and common sense.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) :o :o :o ::) ::). Or proving this comment wrong.  :) :) ;) ;)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #201 on: Dec 19, 2019, 07:35 AM »
I realize the PA guys are tough (even if their roads suck) but two things will keep them out of this tournament. Fear and common sense.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) :o :o :o ::) ::). Or proving this comment wrong.  :) :) ;) ;)

Tooooo bad Minnesota is so far away.   ::)
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #202 on: Dec 19, 2019, 07:42 AM »
Tooooo bad Minnesota is so far away.   ::)
besides anyone who would leave Minnesota to ice fish Sandy Pond out of have their head examined

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #203 on: Dec 19, 2019, 10:50 AM »
The third element that will keep them from fishing this derby is.... TEAM HART ATTACK!!😁
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #204 on: Dec 19, 2019, 10:53 AM »
besides anyone who would leave Minnesota to ice fish Sandy Pond out of have their head examined
Its the crowd that is the draw, plus we don't have singing fishermen in Minnesota. Perhaps a few will yodel, but no singing.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #205 on: Dec 19, 2019, 11:39 AM »
Yo Kracken,

I made 2 passes down the driveway and the drive linkage broke . Been shoveling all morning. Cruel joke. The 4 camps between me and ramp the wind blew them clean and deposited 12 inches on my drive. Now O know why I bought it so cheap.
Boggey

Offline chevy rotbox

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #206 on: Dec 19, 2019, 12:35 PM »
yo new old guy please add "two cold men" to derby list. see ya 17th and 18th.  ;D
retired let the fishing begin

Offline chevy rotbox

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #207 on: Dec 19, 2019, 12:39 PM »
yo new old guy. "two cold men" /mark and glen. forgot names sorry. from fulton, just saying ::)
retired let the fishing begin

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #208 on: Dec 19, 2019, 01:13 PM »
Yo Chevy Rotbox,

Done deal. You are listed back on page 5 of this thread.

Boggey

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #209 on: Dec 19, 2019, 04:11 PM »
Hey bud, next time give me a call ill swing over with my snow blower to help...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.