The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Sabattus report  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Gray Boat

• IceShanty Rookie
Sabattus report
« on: Jan 27, 2023, 07:54 PM »
If you’re curious, had the sleds out on sabattus today. Pond is down a few feet from normal. Roughly 6” of good ice under approx 6” white ice and slush snow mix. Open water or paper thin ice out in front of the launch or off to the right in that cove. No big fish today but reasonable action. Great to get out. Couple of cool plane flybys! Love to see the planes buzzing the traps. If you fly…thank you and your welcome to buzz the tower anytime lol

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sabattus report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2023, 08:01 PM »
Now that's a good, solid report.
Thanks for the update.

Offline 413iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2023, 08:13 PM »
Great job thanks...battus always locks up first but I'm too old to battle the slush anymore..I'll wait for this next cold spell

Offline Gray Boat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2023, 06:01 AM »
Yea walking was difficult and the sled bogged down but we made due. Picked a high spot for base camp lol

Offline ZingThePikeSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2023, 06:03 PM »
Thank you very much for the kind update. My annual trek to Sabattus is in a couple weeks.  I was very curious

I'm glad you got out and had a good day

Offline ZingThePikeSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2023, 05:45 PM »
HiYa Ice Walkers,

Any new ice reports?  I'm itching to get out there.

Thanks

Offline Brian VT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2023, 06:25 PM »
Couple of cool plane flybys! Love to see the planes buzzing the traps. If you fly…thank you and your welcome to buzz the tower anytime lol
I was out ice fishing last winter and brought one of my RC airplanes. I had it in the air and then I noticed this full-size Piper Cub (with skis) coming down the opposite side of the lake, below tree line. Then he banked and turned 180 deg. and I realized that I'd better get my RC plane down and out of his airspace. I landed quickly (far from me) and enjoyed watching him do a low-n-slow cruise down "my" side of the lake @ 50' off the ice. Too cool.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.