Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan

Gull Lake 2022 Ice & Fishing Reports

(1/27) > >>

smeltbuster:
Time to fire up this thread ! 1st. ice report , finally ! South Bay is skimmed over & 2nd. bay should be completely skimmed over in the next day or so. The rest of the lake is wide open. There will be LIMITED parking available @ the south end across the street from Capt. Mo's party store. Getting gear down to the lake may be a bit difficult, due to a narrow access point. Capt. Mo's has adult beverages & snacks, fresh bait & they also sell Gull Lake Smelt Factory Smelt flies. As for Baseline rd., there is a county or twp. owned garbage can there now. Hope this helps keep the area clean. I will post updated rates for Prarieville twp. park on the north end, in the next week or so. We also will be checking south bay every day starting in a couple of days. Hope to be fishing by the end of the week.

smeltbuster:
Checked south bay tonight & it is not safe yet. Ice cracked under my feet about 10' from the end of the dock. About 1 1/2" of ice. Should be ready in a couple of days. We did not get as much snow east of Kalamazoo. 2nd. bay is pretty much locked up & the main lake is starting to lock up. Keep ya posted on what we find. No one has been out past where I went.

Kziceman:
Two guys on the baycam now.

Hope they stay on the north side of the ice.

fishin4smelt:
Thank you Smeltbuster for the update on the ice conditions. Looking forward to seeing you out on the hard water..

Smeltman:
Thanks Smeltbuster. I aee those people out there seems pretty iffy to me. Glad you didn't get the snow we did around GR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version