IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Pop up hubs

<< < (2/3) > >>

Papa Sly:

--- Quote from: DBV on Jan 03, 2022, 07:02 AM ---I have used an Otter Cabin Hub the past 3 years and it has been great.  Perfect for 1/2 people and have had 3 in it, but that is really tight.  Don’t even need to use the heater that often.   

The Otter Vortex Pro Lodge looks great.  I went in one at Cabelas yesterday and much more room than my cabin and really liked the new door.  Was your Lodge easy to setup with just you?  My cabin is, but was curious if the lodge was too, as thinking about upgrading, but not sure I need that much space, as a lot of times it is just me.

--- End quote ---
I have yet to try and put up in the wind but when I got it last month I set it up in the yard...piece of cake! The hub rods are extra strong but just as easy to pop out as any others. I love the new door and the difference between Otter and Eskimo is you dont need to use the added poles for the door on the Otter unless very windy, you need them on the Eskimo.

IceAddict87:
I looked at both when I was looking get a hub this year. I ended up taking home the otter but it was only because it was $70 cheaper (they were price matching the otter) if it had not been for that I would have gotten the clam. I like the clam because it is a little taller than the otter, quality was fairly close. Otter has never let me down so they had that going for them, anytime I’ve had a warranty issue it’s addressed in very fast order.

DBV:

--- Quote from: Papa Sly on Jan 03, 2022, 04:41 PM ---I have yet to try and put up in the wind but when I got it last month I set it up in the yard...piece of cake! The hub rods are extra strong but just as easy to pop out as any others. I love the new door and the difference between Otter and Eskimo is you dont need to use the added poles for the door on the Otter unless very windy, you need them on the Eskimo.

--- End quote ---

Have you gotten to try your new hub yet and if so what are your thoughts?

stas60:
I have an Eskimo 3I. Fast to put up and take down was easy too.

wyogator:
I will not buy a Clam because they don’t have replaceable windows. So, if one cracks in minus degree cold, you have no choice but to cover the crack with packing tape.  Eskimo has replaceable windows.  You’d think with all the flack Clam has got from customers over this, they’d have started using replaceable windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version