Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Live Baits and Plastics

Let me out!!!

(1/2) > >>

Iceassin:
I've converted a medium sized cooler into a minnow bucket and was wondering...do I need a vent hole in the top to allow air to escape? Or is the hole for the aerator tube sufficient? It is pretty much air and water tight when lid is secured.

WelderMike:
My Engle bait cooler is set up just like you described. No air hole just an aerator tube hole. So id think you're good to go.

Raquettedacker:
Fill it up with water , turn it on and see what happens...    ???

Iceassin:

--- Quote from: WelderMike on Jan 19, 2020, 06:15 AM ---My Engle bait cooler is set up just like you described. No air hole just an aerator tube hole. So id think you're good to go.

--- End quote ---

Ok. Good to know. Thanks.

esox_xtm:
I've got an Engel and love the fact I can't spill anymore. As far as a vent here's another perspective. I'm a prolific fizzy water drinker so the kids bought me a soda stream for my birthday. I've noticed two things: First, it works better if the gas jet is just out of the water as opposed to submerged. Second the carbonating vessel is "sort of" sealed for the fizzing process.

I'll guess if the gas, in our case air, is passed through the liquid and the remaining space is somewhat under pressure more of the gas tends to dissolve into the water rather than escape into the "empty space" so a vent would be counter optimum aeration.

Just a guess... Plus if you're sealing to prevent spillage why leave a hole?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version