Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Live Baits and Plastics

Ice fishing plastic molds

<< < (2/4) > >>

meandcuznalfy:
Just started playing with my new mold, gonna love making my own plastics.



dearjimschmidt:

--- Quote from: prospector on Aug 18, 2018, 05:58 PM ---Just got into making plastics and wondering if any of you guys have any ideas where to buy molds for Ice Fishng style baits? I have seen a few on the web but would just like some more ideas. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

I've been working with lure craft the past 2 years to develope my ice fishing bait its a one off custom mold but does 18 soft baits per injection.  The cost per custom mold is anywhere from 700-1200 from them but they can do whatever it is you envision.

I have 1 ice bait mold and one bass/wally bait mold

kasilofchrisn:

--- Quote from: dearjimschmidt on Nov 28, 2019, 09:07 PM ---I've been working with lure craft the past 2 years to develope my ice fishing bait its a one off custom mold but does 18 soft baits per injection.  The cost per custom mold is anywhere from 700-1200 from them but they can do whatever it is you envision.

I have 1 ice bait mold and one bass/wally bait mold

--- End quote ---
That seems a bit spendy.
You should consider contacting Bob LaLonde at CNCmoldsnstuff.
http://www.cncmolds.com/webstore/
I had him make me a custom saltwater jig mold.
A two cavity 24oz jig mold and all in cad work to finished mold it cost me $300.
He can pretty much make whatever you desire on his CNC Mills.
He specializes in lead and soft plastic molds.

dearjimschmidt:

--- Quote from: kasilofchrisn on Nov 29, 2019, 12:29 AM ---That seems a bit spendy.
You should consider contacting Bob LaLonde at CNCmoldsnstuff.
http://www.cncmolds.com/webstore/
I had him make me a custom saltwater jig mold.
A two cavity 24oz jig mold and all in cad work to finished mold it cost me $300.
He can pretty much make whatever you desire on his CNC Mills.
He specializes in lead and soft plastic molds.

--- End quote ---

That's definitely a better price for sure, sadly my molds are done, I'll for sure consider it before I get another.  One thing I do like about LureCraft is they are only about 45 minutes from where I live and I was able to meet with them and discuss my ideas in person with them.  I'm always open to new places because price is always a moving point. 

Here are some recent baits I made.




kasilofchrisn:

--- Quote from: dearjimschmidt on Dec 02, 2019, 02:46 PM ---That's definitely a better price for sure, sadly my molds are done, I'll for sure consider it before I get another.  One thing I do like about LureCraft is they are only about 45 minutes from where I live and I was able to meet with them and discuss my ideas in person with them.  I'm always open to new places because price is always a moving point. 

Here are some recent baits I made.





--- End quote ---
Yeah Bob lives in Arizona so not exactly close to those of us who icefish.
But he was good to work with.
After getting my ideas and designing them on CAD software he sent me a video showing my lure in a 3D drawing from all angles and with dimensions etc.
Once I approved it he cut the mold and cast some samples to insure it worked properly.
Then sent it off to me
I have CNC molds from three different mold makers and overall I'm happy with all of them.
I must have 25+ CNC made lead molds .
Nothing wrong with Do-It molds but I love making unique stuff in the CNC molds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version