Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Live Baits and Plastics

Ice fishing plastic molds

<< < (3/4) > >>

dearjimschmidt:

--- Quote from: kasilofchrisn on Dec 02, 2019, 03:36 PM ---Yeah Bob lives in Arizona so not exactly close to those of us who icefish.
But he was good to work with.
After getting my ideas and designing them on CAD software he sent me a video showing my lure in a 3D drawing from all angles and with dimensions etc.
Once I approved it he cut the mold and cast some samples to insure it worked properly.
Then sent it off to me
I have CNC molds from three different mold makers and overall I'm happy with all of them.
I must have 25+ CNC made lead molds .
Nothing wrong with Do-It molds but I love making unique stuff in the CNC molds.

--- End quote ---

Yeah do-it is good for quick simple baits, same with the lurecrafts main inventory. I only have 3 custom molds as well they cost.

dearjimschmidt:
got a few new molds in this past summer and have some new goodies poured up.  has anyone else been making baits for the ice season?

meandcuznalfy:
I got a new honey worm mold that I need to shoot a few of, other than that I'm pretty much set for plastics, unless I run out.

dearjimschmidt:
is that the Berkley single cavity one?

--- Quote from: meandcuznalfy on Jan 11, 2022, 10:14 AM ---I got a new honey worm mold that I need to shoot a few of, other than that I'm pretty much set for plastics, unless I run out.

--- End quote ---

meandcuznalfy:
It's one from Ukraine, I got off eBay, it's a single cavity, been thinking of getting the egg sample one, but don't use very many eggs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version