Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Live Baits and Plastics

first bait tank build

<< < (2/18) > >>

Ravo Himself:
Well I'm reinforcing the lid so it should be able to hold up to the filter. Also I noticed that the hing idea is more complicated than Ithought but I'm gonna make it work. I put flat stock underneathe it to reinforce  and to have something to screw the hinges too. I'm also gonna screw the side of the lid that has the filter to the box for strength

Kevin23:
Hinged lid will not work because the lid is not the same shape throughout. The edges have the raised part to snap on the edge of the box. When hinged this prevents it from flipping up. I tried it last year when I wanted to use one as a storage box in my shanty... just wouldnt work. Plus I couldnt cut the darn thing worth a darn when I got to the edges. I had to get the soldering iron and burn through it. Center cut fine, but those edges are TOUGH.

Ravo Himself:
I just cut it with a cutting disk. Went through like hot butter. As for the snaps. This lid only has locks on either end at the handles. So it should still be able to open and close

Ravo Himself:

you can see the piece of aluminum flat stock underneath that i screwed in to. all i had to do was notch the humps on the edges a bit to clear and it flips up nice and easy. i can take better pictures if you want to see how i did it. just waiting on the filter media to get in the mail and ill be all set

Ravo Himself:
Say Ican put 45 gallons of water in that bucket. How many 2-4" shiners do yo-u think Icould hold assuming my filter works as good as Ihope   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version