New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Favorite YouTube Channels  (Read 1502 times)

Offline ReelADK

• IceShanty Rookie
Favorite YouTube Channels
« on: Nov 15, 2023, 07:43 AM »
What are some of your favorite YouTube channels to watch ice fishing videos (preferably fishing in the adks)? Cooler temps are getting me fired up to get on the ice!  :tipup:

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Favorite YouTube Channels
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2023, 11:22 AM »
Clayton Schick Outdoors is my go to but I love chasing big lake trout and he does a lot of that.
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline Hugh-Boone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2023, 01:15 AM »
there are no "big" channels that haven anything detailed in NY. you can get a a video like Scott Martin on the St Lawrence or on Champlain. For ice fishing you can get things like white dog outdoors ([ Invalid YouTube link ]) he has some laker videos, but they are on lake George only. There are lots of YouTube clips out there, but you have to be specific to certain lakes ([ Invalid YouTube link ]) so at most you will see what happened years ago. There are a bunch for people that don't realize with good searches their video the showed to their friends is available for everyone.  (a million house/roofing, inspectors upload not realizing everyone can see everything)     

Clayton [ Invalid YouTube link ]
Jay Siemens :https://www.youtube.com/@JaySiemens
"fishinggeeks"  (record holders on multiple species)
Northland has their own channel
Angling Buzz
Tom Boley
Joe Holland
Nick Lidner
Sobi

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2023, 11:07 AM »
None.  The whole youtube pimp nature for views has changed a number of fisheries I really enjoyed. 

Offline ECobb91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2023, 06:35 PM »
None.  The whole youtube pimp nature for views has changed a number of fisheries I really enjoyed.

Absolutely. But it’s also not just YouTube,  social media (Facebook and forums including IS and MFF) have crowded me out of a couple fisheries. Make one post about safe ice and 20 guys will be on a 1 acre pond that weekend.

Some might not like the “find your own ice” crowd but they got my support

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2023, 11:08 AM »
Send them LEFT, I’ll go RIGHT!

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2023, 04:33 PM »
So dramatic. There is good information for new anglers in those videos. Yes, they can “blow up” a spot i suppose, but at least they also teach sporting behavior and angling conservation. Most don’t pay attention but the good ones do.  Most of the idiot yahoos don’t catch anything anyway and move on to the next flavor of the week. Clayton Schick and jay siemens are some great  ones very dedicated to the sport and filming.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2023, 05:07 PM »
I don’t watch a ton of YT channels, but try to stick to the ones in the Northeast. I have a small YT channel myself and can speak to a few of the points in this thread. I personally rarely-never mention where I fish, and have started to even show only one shoreline with the least amount of detail because of spot burning. I have noticed several of my go to spot getting over fished because of my videos. I had one Crappie video that drove people nuts, and I mean nuts. Was getting 15” after 15” crappie. I had guys harassing me because I wouldn’t tell them where it was.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2023, 05:32 PM »
Honest post, Josh.  Ive enjoyed a few of the videos you've posted here.  Also while I have a strong opinion about it, that doesn't mean other people can't have a differing opinion.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2023, 10:50 AM »
I enjoy the ice fishing channels.  Admittedly most of them I watch are up north and most the tactics aren't all that applicable around here.  Still get good gear reviews, shanty setup suggestion, ice camping ideas and other tips watching them.  As far as spot burning I've seen it impact open water spots much worse than ice spots although drone footage on ice seems to be pretty readily available for some spots in the northeast.

Was actually watching Peric annoying Siemens last night and it was quite entertaining.  The idea of an electric bike with those big studded tires sounds like an interesting way to get around the lake.  Pulling a sled looked a little difficult but possible.
westernmas on the finder

Offline UofLCARDS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2023, 02:48 PM »
I agree about blowing up spots ....I've seen it happen a LOT where I fish ....for future reference, if you ask me where I caught my fish, and I tell you, I'M LYING.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2023, 12:06 PM »
I couldn't agree more. I found early ice on a very small pond 2 years ago and did very well. I private messaged a guy on I.S. that I had been talking to for a few years and asked him to keep quiet about it. I went back out 2 days later on Monday and the parking lot was full!!! When I asked him he said he likes to share so others can fish also. There is no place for spot burning early and late ice. The other problem is since Covid there are a lot of new weekend warriors. They are new to the sport and when they hear of a spot for early ice they just march right out there without a spud or checking the ice. This happened to me also 2 years ago and the guy MF'd me because he went out and went through!!! Once there is plenty of ice on the bigger lakes I love to share with limited people I know here on IS and meet up with them also but you have to understand who you are dealing with, just MHO.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline CoryTDF

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm new but I'm awesome! Also, humble.....
« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2023, 12:21 PM »
I really enjoy Spilt Milt on YouTube. Extremely educational and Tyler is a huge advocate for fisheries in the PNW. Guy is also a kokanee G.O.A.T. and I have learned a ton from his videos. It is a double edged sword no doubt as I want to know more, but I don't want others to know what I know. LOL  ;D ;D

It does suck when YouTube blow a spot, but I guess it does help sportsman overall as we are a dying breed, and we need more people to advocate for what we all love. So again, a double edged sword for sure. Overall I think most people that make the videos just do it to capture a memory and to share their love of the sport. Sure there are some bad apples, but I want to believe most of them have their heart in the right place. 
Who knew iceholes could be so fun!

Offline purplelab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2023, 09:28 PM »
Target Walleye has some good vids.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.