Author Topic: FOOTWARE zipper side rubber boots  (Read 935 times)

Offline geo315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • He is on his way.
FOOTWARE zipper side rubber boots
« on: Sep 27, 2022, 06:04 PM »
Hello there ice fishing guys.   I am thinking about getting a pair of insulated zipper side rubber boots.  ( kinda like camo ones)
I have seen some  on line.  I need feedback from you who actually have a pair.  Warmth, weight, ruggedness. 
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks Geo.

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: FOOTWARE zipper side rubber boots
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2022, 08:29 PM »
Don't know of a rubber/ zipper combo that's waterproof but these were comfy in da shanty last year. I wear a 10 so the women's 12 fit great & stayed dry.Holiberty Waterproof Cozy Down Warm Fleece Indoor Slippers Bootie Shoes Ankle Snow Boots https://a.co/d/5IKvvmA

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2022, 08:52 PM »
Can’t imagine they will be fun when they are covered in ice and snow

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2022, 10:00 AM »
I have a pair of the lacrosse alphaburly pro side zips. 1000G of insulation. Got them a year or two ago. they have been GREAT for ice fishing and hunting. they are a touch on the heavy side, but it's fine since I'm fat and don't have to run in them.

My only complaint, which I'm sure is user error, is that the camo has faded quite a bit. I leave them in my truck during the spring and the sun beats down on them, but it has not affected the waterproof side at all.

10/10 would recommend them.
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2022, 10:05 AM »
 Prime pin doesn’t hurt to (armour all ) them it will help keep the rubber  ply able
 I do my hip waders and packs

Offline geo315

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • He is on his way.
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2022, 10:11 AM »
I have a pair of the lacrosse alphaburly pro side zips. 1000G of insulation. Got them a year or two ago. they have been GREAT for ice fishing and hunting. they are a touch on the heavy side, but it's fine since I'm fat and don't have to run in them.

My only complaint, which I'm sure is user error, is that the camo has faded quite a bit. I leave them in my truck during the spring and the sun beats down on them, but it has not affected the waterproof side at all.

10/10 would recommend them.
Yes, I have been looking at them.  a little heavy for me  but warm. thanks for the input,
Geo.

Offline bigvfb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2022, 04:16 PM »
i wear the full rubber insulated boots no zipper. they are by far the best icefishing boots that i have found. and i have been icefishing over 40 years .
hope this helps

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Sep 29, 2022, 06:35 AM »
Prime pin doesn’t hurt to (armour all ) them it will help keep the rubber  ply able
 I do my hip waders and packs

I use a product by Gear Aid on my Mucks and Alpha Burlys..

https://www.gearaid.com/products/revivex-care-boot-rubber
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.